It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Bush is making laws faster than President-elect Obama can promise to rescind them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

President Bush is making laws faster than President-elect Obama can promise to rescind them.

www.236.com

President Bush is pushing through a ruling that will make it more difficult for women to get contraceptives. The loosening of restrictions makes it easier for health care workers to conscientiously object to filling birth control prescriptions and the like. The ruling also enjoys the support of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, which pretty much says it all.

Aides to President-elect Obama said he would try to rescind the ruling once he takes office, but that the process that could take three to six months.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Sure i heard that Pres. Bush was putting in place some new laws - but to have a list of some the more prominent ones is really eye opening.

Here's one:

extends Vice President Cheney's immunity all the way through Jan 20, 2010. The extension gives him one year from Obama's inauguration to wrap up any war crimes that are still left in his system.

... along with a whole host of others. Now the source does not list the exact text of the legislation. I would be very interested in having a look to see how 'water tight' some of these are. Also, considering the source is 23/6, i am taking it with a grain of salt.

Nonetheless, the list provided makes for some very intriguing reading.

Mods, if this is posted in the wrong board, please feel free to move it to the appropriate forum. Thank you in advance.

www.236.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19/11/08 by 04326]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This is purely an economic move.

This part of the economy needs stimulus.

Is that how you spell profits?

And need you ask why the church is so interested you naughty person?

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 04326

The only thing that upsets me more than Bush passing these laws, is the MSM's unwillingness to hold his feet to the fire for doing so. The MSM spent weeks covering the ridiculous non-issues of the Anna Nicole Smith death and the OJ Simpson trials and yet, you will only hear small, briefs segments done about Bush's passing of these atrocious laws. This issue should be on every news channel 24/7 and on the front page of every newspaper and news related magazine you see.

I can only hope that Obama is able to reverse all of Bush's most recent actions in a matter of months.

new topics

top topics

join