It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Clintonista Joins the Club

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
More info on Holder and his actions -

House Committee on Government Reform
Justice Undone - Clemency Decisions in the Clinton White House

Chicago Tribune - Holders ties to Blago more extensive then previously known.

Lovely little Blog - Holder claims that his Marc Rich Pardon screw up will make him a better AG.

[edit on 1/16/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Specter draws blood from Holder

It took nearly eight-and-a-half hours, but Sen. Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) finally got under Eric Holder's skin. Specter was questioning Holder on why Holder objected to the appointment of an independent counsel to investigate alleged fundraising violations by former Vice President Al Gore during the 1990s.

Specter disagreed with that assessment, and he said that incident, along with Holder's involvement in the Marc Rich pardon scandal, raised doubts about his fitness for the post of attorney general. "I think it's so clear that it raises questions about your fitness for the job," Specter said.

Holder got a little huffy.

For the first time in today's session, Holder showed some temper.

"You're getting close to the line. You're getting close to questioning my integrity," Holder said. "That is not appropriate. That is not fair." Specter knew he had scored a point, and Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) stepped in to defuse the situation.

Not fair. What the hell. These hearings are about fairness. Apparently Holder thinks he is playing a game of schoolyard dodge ball. "Hey guys, no shots above the neck".

Today should prove to be another day on the grill for Holder. Surely there is a better Non Clintonista candidate somewhere in this vast country.

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho Surely there is a better Non Clintonista candidate somewhere in this vast country.

The election was in November. Your country is screwed. Republicans are nursing their wounds by sitting around like Stadler and Waldorf, throwing barbs from the balcony.
blogs.nypost.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

And surely the country is in need of some pulling together instead of all this whining and crying. Who is your preferred candidate for the post, and what have you done to get him/her some consideration? I mean since the election...

posted on Jan, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
the country is in need of some pulling together instead of all this whining and crying.

Remembering exactly who Eric Holder is and discussing his numerous past errors is NOT 'whining and crying'. Discussing the fact that the appointment of Holder is NOT 'change' in any way shape or form is SMART and it is BEING AWARE of what is going on.

Obama doesn't get a blank check just because the country needs to 'pull together'. What the country needs is CLEANING HOUSE, and appointing Clintonista Holder is NOT what this country needs.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Eric Holder is a senior partner at this law firm.

Covington and Burling LLP

The firm represents 17 Yemeni nationals and one Pakistani citizen held at Guantanamo Bay. The Supreme Court will soon review the D.C. Circuit’s ruling that ordered the dismissal of a number of habeas petitions filed by Guantanamo detainees; some of our clients are petitioners in the Supreme Court Case. We expect to play a substantial role in the briefing. We also plan to petition the Supreme Court to hear our Pakistani client’s appeal from the D.C. Circuit’s order dismissing his case.

Gee .. no conflict of interest there, eh?

And people thought Cheney with Halliburton and the Iraq War was ‘insider’ and corruption’.

Obama pushes to get the GITMO people trials and look who is getting the business – the law firm of his buddy Eric Holder.

Those 16 FALN terrorists that Holder pushed Clinton to release is starting to look like child’s play compared to this.

Yep .. real ‘change’ of the way politics has been handled. NOT!

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Great find!! and even better detective work. The conflicts of interest are boundless in Obama's campaign so far. Rahm, Hillary and Holder are all far to linked up to actually be effective in their jobs IMHO. The ride is getting bumpy already. I just hope the GOP stands firm in the confirmation process of any other cabinet candidates with conflict issues.

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Let's all put our hands together for another former Clintonista. What is going on here.

A WMD Czar?? Huh? Are they just creating positions for "special" people

It's official, but still unannounced: The White House has tapped Gary Samore, a veteran arms control negotiator in the Clinton Administration, as its new "czar" for preventing the spread of weapons of mass destruction and terrorism.

Samore, a vice president at the Council on Foreign Relations, a New York-based non-partisan foreign policy think tank, formerly served as the National Security Council's senior director under President Clinton from 1996 to 2000 and has had years of experience negotiating non-proliferation treaties and agreements with difficult countries like North Korea.

What? No interviews or public job postings for this position?

The still-to-be created office in the White House, which may have a staff of as many as ten officials, elevates the arms control portfolio in the new Administration and the priority that President Barack Obama places on keeping WMD -related material and expertise out of terrorist hands and stopping the spread of such weapons, material, and knowledge to states that have not agreed to abide by nuclear, biological, and chemical weapons treaties.

Who's next?...

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
CNN

Eric Holder confirmed.

jeeeeez... that's 'real change' alright.

Holders law firm - in which he's a senior partner - will make a fortune defending the GITMO terrorists.

Change you can believe in.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Story Here

Eric Holder of pardongate, and who is the black skinned Attorney General under the black skinned POTUS says that the US is a nation of cowards on race issues.

:shk:

Attorney General Eric Holder described the United States Wednesday as a nation of cowards on matters of race, saying most Americans avoid discussing unresolved racial issues. ....

A nation of cowards eh? That's wrong on so many levels ... And as far as 'unresolved racial issues' .. Holder didn't say exactly what he was alluding to. (I have some suspicions)

Race issues continue to be a topic of political discussion, Holder said, but "we, as average Americans, simply do not talk enough with each other about race."

If Americans aren't talking about race as much as Holder likes, then perhaps it's because they aren't obsessed with race like seems to be.

He told Justice Department employees they have a special responsibility to advance racial understanding.

What the hell????

This is the attorney general??
Added to the rest of his nafarious resume -

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
why the derogatory title?

just wondering.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

en.wiktionary.org...

Clintonista - someone who work/worked for, or highly suppored, Bill and/or Hillary Clinton. The 'ista' is because they are far left, I'm sure.

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yeah. Like I said, derogatory and inflammatory. Puts a person off the topic.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Obama distances himself from Holder comments about 'cowards'

Story Here

President Obama says he would not have used the same language that Eric Holder did last month when the attorney general declared that the United States is a nation of cowards on matters of race.

"We've made enormous progress and we shouldn't lose sight of that," Obama told The New York Times in an interview posted on the newspaper's Web site Saturday.

The president said he is not someone who believes that constantly talking about race can solve racial tensions. To address that problem, it will mean fixing the economy, putting people to work, making sure that people have health care and ensuring that children are learning, Obama said.

More at the site.

So Obama now doesn't want people 'constantly talking about race' to solve racial tensions. What 'racial tensions' are those?

Is he throwing Holder under the bus? Well ... perhaps under a motor scooter. Not a bus .. not yet.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Michelle Malkin

Eric Holder issues statement to protect American Muslims -
but no such statement issued to protect Americans from Jihadists.

The excuse the Jihadist who shot up the Recruiting Station is going to use -

“The man accused of fatally shooting a soldier outside a recruiting center begged for FBI agents to free him from a Yemeni jail where he was ‘radicalized’ by Islamic terrorists, his lawyer told The Associated Press on Thursday. Lawyer Jim Hensley described Abdulhakim Muhammad as an impressionable youth driven to public service in an impoverished Middle Eastern country. But teachings by ‘hardened’ terrorists in Yemen and experiences with Afghan child refugees who were missing limbs drove him to become someone his parents didn’t recognize, Hensley said.”

And in other Eric Holder news - he dismissed charges against the three New Black Panther members who had put on military style uniforms, carried weapons, shouted racial slurs and threats, and intimidated non-black voters in Philadelphia.

Department of Injustice

Way to go Eric Holder. :shk: That's real change we can believe in.

[edit on 6/8/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I'm posting info about the DOJ dropping the voter intimidation lawsuit here as I did on the Black Panther thread. The story fits both threads.

PDF Here

Another PDF here

GOP Rep. Frank Wolf of Virginia has written to Eric Holder in reference to the dismissal of the voter intimidating New Black Panthers. You all might be interested to know that he's not letting it drop. His letters are excellent.

Considering that Obama, and those in his administration, don't seem to think they need to answer to anyone, I'm wondering if Holder will answer or respond to the VERY GOOD questions that Rep Wolf has put forward.

So the fact is that under the Obama administration, black supremists are free to spew hate speech while carrying weapons and engaging in voter intimidation.

Rep Wolf will probably end up with some thugs, endorsed by the Obama administration, on his doorstep to intimidate him out of this line of inquiry.

Welcome to 'change, hope, unity, transparency'. :shk:

[edit on 7/23/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jul, 24 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Thanks for posting. The letters just about sum up the problem we are now facing. Obama's double standard has propped the flood gates open and I don't think my hip waders are big enough to protect me any longer.

posted on Jul, 29 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
News story here

Of course .. with the recent racism spewing forth from Obama when he said that the cambridge police were acting 'stupidly' ... Holder has to join in. :shk:

Here he is saying that he won't comment on the situation but he tells a story about how he was allegedly profiled due to his black race and how it made him feel.

Yeah ... that's him staying out of the situation and that's him not backing Obama's racist comments up.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

It is now time for me to share the story when a Black man called me f$#%% Whitey in front of my kids and in front of his own family. We were loading our car in the covered loading area of a hotel and apparently this man couldn't back his car up to maneuver around our car. He decided that it would be easier to honk his horn and shout expletives at me than to simply move his car. I will forward that little anecdote onto to Holder.

Oh well, I got over it. Now everyone is a racist who disagrees with our Mulatto president and any of his Black cabinet members. What a great way to move forward in the White House.

The race card ship has sailed and is vanishing off into the sunset. Obama is being held accountable for his actions and he doesn't like to be criticized by anyone. This race BS is a sign of desperation.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Ooops ... wrong thread. Sorry.

[edit on 8/13/2009 by FlyersFan]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join