It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dave Letterman blasts White House & CNN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Part of any working fascist regime is to control the media & keep the propaganda running at peak levels. We've seen the attack machine switch to predator mode repaeatedly with all the Bush Administration folks making the mistake of publicly coming to their senses.

The latest:

Bush is making a speech, has a kid up on the daise ....and the kid starts the normal fidget, boredom squirm during a long speech.
Letterman gets the video, runs it & it's all harmless giggles, right?
WRONG!
CNN ( the Complicit News Network) runs it, but says the White House informed them that it was a fake!

Letterman, of course, went ballistic in his congenial way.

See for yourselves:

www.xs4all.nl...

his response

www.xs4all.nl...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Is this a surprising to anyone anymore? Really?...

It's not bad enough they they gotta waste air time with two completely false explanations, but you'd have to be a robotic, republican, zombie to believe it!

I bet TC or some other automaton, republican, droid will come in here defending the behavior of an inept, criminal administration. Please, Bush supporters of ATS...try and justify and defend this behavior...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Cheers to Letterman for sticking up for himself and his show. I would venture to guess that a number of talk show hosts or news correspondents wouldn't even try to considering the lie came from the White House. Denying ignorance may have just made a great leap forward.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Do you guys watch the Daily Show? That's a great show. It's on Comedy Central, so you wouldn't think to take it seriously. But John Stewart tells it like it is. In the beginning of the show he does a political recap of current events, he's been talking about the 9/11 commission. He does it in a funny way, but gives good info to the public. If you haven't seen it, go watch. It's good stuff.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Sounds like you should be shining the spotlight on CNN, not the White House, for wasting air time.

Other than the kid having the attention span and demeanor of a liberal, whats the big deal? So the "White House" denied, then changed it's story. Exactly who in the "White House"? I think it's funny, nothing more. Lighten up.

john

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Other than the kid having the attention span and demeanor of a liberal, whats the big deal? So the "White House" denied, then changed it's story.

That's exactly the big deal, in my eyes. Lies, lies, lies, lies, lies. When are they gonna stop lying about everything? Even something as small as this. Who cares if the kid was fidgety watching the President, he's a kid for crying out loud. Why does the WH feel the need to say the video was faked. It's a funny clip, that's it. Kids don't care about the president.

The guys in the WH need to lighten up and stop the madness.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
This is a big deal. Why?

This is probably one of the best examples of who really runs things over at CNN and just what the minds at the White House are willing to do. Come on guys. You have to take a look into the mind of the person or people who would do things such as this...

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
...with all the Bush Administration folks making the mistake of publicly coming to their senses.

Was that making the mistake of publicly coming to their senses?

Or was that beginning to hold themselves publicly accountable for their mistakes?

Everybody's Favorite TV Game Show Host,
Guy Smiley!!!!!

I know, we all twist it around to fit our own agendas, don't we?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Does anyone who know who in the White House made these denials to CNN? I've been looking around, haven't found anything yet.

john

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Originally posted by Bout Time
...with all the Bush Administration folks making the mistake of publicly coming to their senses.

Was that making the mistake of publicly coming to their senses?

Or was that beginning to hold themselves publicly accountable for their mistakes?

Everybody's Favorite TV Game Show Host,
Guy Smiley!!!!!

I know, we all twist it around to fit our own agendas, don't we?

I applaude Clarke, O'Neill, Zini, Ritter, et al. I used "mistake" to be ironic; 'They did the right thing , yet caught Hell'.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Just saw on FNC that CNN's supposed info from the White House was bogus; CNN just coverinng their ass.

Yeah, I know what you're gonna say about FNC. Doesn't matter. The bit was still funny. But the LIES! LIES! bullcrap should be silenced, at least.

john

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Anyone know where this video is dispalyed in windows media? Im at work and the comps here dont have Real Player and Im blocked from installing files. Hopefullly one of you will come through! Thanks

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I just wanna say that calling the Bush administration a 'facist regime' is sensationalist and downright silly. If you'd lived in Nazi Germany, you could tell me what a facist regime is.

You're free to leave here. You're free to say what you like, even if the president does say it's a fake. You can worship any god you like; hell, you're free to make up your own god.

This is not fascism. This is the Republic of the United States of America.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I just wanna say that calling the liberals a "communist regime" is sensationalist and downright silly. If you'd lived in Commustist Russia, you could tell me what a communist regime is.

You're free to leave here. You're free to say what you like. You can worship any god you like; hell, you're free to make up your own god.

This is not communism. This is the Democratic Republic of the United States of America.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
just wanted to throw out some kudos to Bout time for posting this. I heard about this news from BT here first, now it's in the national spotlight.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The kid and his family were on Letterman tonight...
I missed it, anyone else see it?

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I give him credit for it also, but more importantly, for his saying that it is restricted or strictly a Republican
"control the media & keep the propaganda running at peak levels."

Amazing how the DemoRats criminal organization is working on this just as hard......

Great find though...even if presented from a singular point of view.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Seekerof, are you capable of thinking out of the box for two #ing seconds? I mean really, both sides do idiotic things, can't you freaking pick at your side for once when they obviously are doing something wrong?

(sigh) Whatever....doesn't matter. :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK
The kid and his family were on Letterman tonight...
I missed it, anyone else see it?

Trick', I just watched it. Seemed like he was glancing
at cue cards, being a smart arse. Just like W!
Dave gave the kid, 13yrs a case of red bull. Love it!
S.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Seekerof, are you capable of thinking out of the box for two #ing seconds? I mean really, both sides do idiotic things, can't you freaking pick at your side for once when they obviously are doing something wrong?

(sigh) Whatever....doesn't matter. :bnghd:

In your continued "spoon-fed" beliefs Flinx, do your fingers work? Does your system use a 'search engine'? Cause seriously dude....use it, maybe?!
Here's why........

As for BT claiming this:

CNN ( the Complicit News Network) runs it, but says the White House informed them that it was a fake!

Seems that BT, and likewise you, are mistaken!?
CNN Sorry For Saying Bored Kid At Bush Speech Was Fake

In reality, the White House never said that, and the tape had not been altered. CNN called Letterman's headquarters to fess up. But the host didn't get the message until the show was being taped. He'd already played the CNN comments, and told the audience the White House tried to make him look like "a dope."

In those self rooted-hatreds of this administration, gullibility becomes the norm', eh?

seekerof

[Edited on 3-4-2004 by Seekerof]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join