It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real-life Furbys rediscovered

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

According to this site, yes:

www.txtmania.com...

And if you look up Philippine tarsier on Wiki it says that too. There is also a very cute pic of the a mom and baby tarsier, and the pic I stole for my default pic. And then there is this:

Pay attention to what your eyes do while you are watching this.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Mine didn't go as wide as that, although I nearly peed a little with laughter, thank you!!!

Aw, shame about how they kill themselves. Might as well just let them roam free like the monkey's on the rock of gibraltar do! (I'm sure however they wouldn't nick your ice cream like them gibraltan monkeys! Eveeel eejits!)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Very cute, but can't see these being pets. Very "alien" eyes and fingers...

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I saw the picture on AOL but didn't click it, I knew it must be some type of tarsier. So cute. Looks almost like an aye aye. It's so teeny. I want one. (not really, the little fingers on stuff like that always freak me out)
I bet it eats insects, right?

[edit on 11/23/2008 by ravenshadow13]

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

Yeah they eat insects. I was checking out videos of them on youtube and they eat stuff like crickets and grasshoppers. Some of them are cute, it's just when they do the big-eyed thing, that's when it gets a wee bit odd!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

holy crap its gizmo

theres no way people can say aliens arent real

theres no way that things from here

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Although I know tarsiers are supposedly exclusive to the Philippines for the most part, I can't help but think a creature similar to this is what people are actually seeing during Chupacabra sightings in the Americas.

Before gorillas were officially discovered, eye witnesses accounts reported some of the strangest descriptions, sometimes going to the extremes of supernatural. Today we know them as gorillas and many of the eye witness accounts were proven to be exaggerations. It wouldn't surprise me at all to later find out the Chupacabra sightings would trace back to one of these creature's relatives.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I think you're right. It doesn't pay to look too bizarre in this world.

I love this Furby thread. I don't want it to die

Rabbithole, that video is hilarious! It's making the rounds among my friends now...

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Nox Vulpes]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I called my wife in to look at the picture thinking she would say its cute.

she let me know its an ugly alien baby and then asked how much it was lol.

She said it would be awesome to walk around with it and tell people its your baby after an alien abduction.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

LMAO!!!!!

I just noticed that video due to the comment above me. I will never be able to watch a movie again where it plays the 'stereo music' at the beginning without thinking of this video!

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
hypothetically speaking

how would one go about making them domesticated and turning them into pets all around the world?

that would surely bring back their numbers, and you know they would turn into a huge fad quickly

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join