It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Drills over Reno

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Air Drills over Reno

n

eyewitness
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
on november 15th i had just arived to work and was outside having a smoke and talking to another employee. it was around 1:15 in the afternoon and we herd the loud noise of over head aircraft (this is not unusuall due to close proximity of an international airport). so we stopped what we were talking about and looked up to discover what apeared to be 4 AC-130s flying at about 500 ft. in a diamond formation. after passing over what i would guess to be the airport they turned around in single file and went north. 10 minuets later they reappered heading soutbound in single file and flew right over the intersection of interstate 80 ond 395 (the only two freeways in reno) and banked heavily to the left and headed back north. i have lived in Reno my entire life and have never seen anything like this. they train in the dessert where no one sees them. never over the city at low altitude. is this normal?

n
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This is probably better suited to the General Conspiracy Forum.

Aside from that, I saw what you saw only from the direction of downtown where I live. These things have been kicking up quite a bit lately. Lots of troop movements resupply and other training is going on.

This file from the Governors Office may help shed some light on this.

gov.state.nv.us...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by invisibleman11

Air Drills over Reno
How can anybody 'drill air'? If you can give some evidence supporting that. Thanks.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think he means Drill as in "Fire Drill" or "Drill Instructor". Evidence is in the comprehension of what it is you're reading. No offense, but you may want to reread the post.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
ya i meant Drill as in practice, drilling air is just absurd

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Have you checked to see if there are any ceremonies going on that showcase a fly by? Anytime I have ever seen what you describe over a city, it has always been a fly over for a ceremony.

I don't see how these things will be doing air drills at 500 ft. I know they have c130 gun ships, but bombs and things of that nature will be falling from altitudes you wouldn't notice. And they don't really need to practice such drills over a city at low altitude. Especially in a formation as such. That kind of a formation at low altitudes is a tell tell sign of a ceremony flyby.

Nov 15 being a saturday is even more evidence that it is a flyby. Football game nearby maybe? etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
there was a football game that day but it was about 4 miles west. also they flew over the same spot at least twice. i have been to events where planes will fly over but not twice and this was over the freeway where ceremonies would not be taking place.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
How do you know they were AC-130s and not C-130s? From the ground it's hard to tell one way or the other if they're at any kind of altitude, unless you have some way to zoom in on them. At 500 feet even the 105mm would be extremely hard to see, if not impossible.

And even if they were regular C-130s, they were probably just doing a regular training flight. They occasionally come to regular airports and do touch and goes, or approaches, or maybe even were practicing combat drops onto the runway. There are any number of reasons why they might have been there that are completely innocuous.

AC-130 at a distance of maybe 500ft:

Notice that it's not exactly easy to see the guns in this pic, and you know they're there.

I've personally NEVER seen them flying more than 2 AC-130s together at once, and that was when they were going from Hurlburt to Japan, and two coming back from Japan to Hurlburt.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
maybe it ties into this thread?

Operation Angel Thunder, Dec. 1 to Dec. 12
www.abovetopsecret.com...

there's been a lot of military related posts

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Operation Angel Thunder isn't until December, and it's only going to involve about 450 people. It's going to be pararescue, and combat search and rescue personnel. Which means it's going to be helicopters, and HC-130s to refuel them. There may be an AC-130 in it, but probably not, since that's more of a "shock and awe" platform than a precision rescue platform.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The 152nd Airlift wing is located at the Reno/Tahoe airport.

those c-130's are my favorite plane to watch land there.
I don't recall ever seeing 4 at a time. But just about any week, I can pop outside and catch one or two of them coming in, making that steep banking turn, just before lining up and landing.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
never over the city at low altitude.

Unless they are taking off, landing, or just shooting approaches, they aren't going to be doing anything over the city in case of an accident.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
there was a football game that day but it was about 4 miles west. also they flew over the same spot at least twice. i have been to events where planes will fly over but not twice and this was over the freeway where ceremonies would not be taking place.

Well they do time when the planes go over head, so maybe they will circle around a few times before they go across. I've never noticed them outside of being in the stadium myself unless at an airport, but I do know they always time the planes coming over to be at the end of the anthem.

Usually they use fighter planes for the flyby, but I did see a C130 flyover once on TV, so I think it's a possiblity. I think it was probably the only time I seen C130's flying in a formation. I've watched many C130's take off an land and never seen them flying in formation in the process. Formations are either for tactics or for show, and with C130's I'm thinking the formation was likely for show.

top topics

join