It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your greatest gift ever?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Hello...What is your greatest gift you have ever been given throughout your life?

Im looking forward to hearing from you!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Currently, I would say it would be my daughter. I have a son due in a few months, so then I will probably have to change it to my children.

This isn't even a BS, fluff answer.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
My greatest gift? Easy, my mom surviving breast cancer when I was a kid. She's alive and doing well these days, even reads topics with me here on ATS.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Slash]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

No way..That would be my grestest gift as well if I had children..Congrats on the newborn on the way!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I am gonna have to agree with Karlhungis here, except I have a son currently and another child who will be here in April. (don't know the sex)

Cheers Karlhungis

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
--My two gorgeous children.

--The time, albeit short, that I had on this earth with my mother.

--The rest of my family, we are very close.

--When "the rest of my family" doesn't call me for a week. Yes, sometimes I consider that a gift.

Rush

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The greatest gift I have ever been given is that of love.

Family and children are truly great gifts but if there is not love then there is strife.

The newest love to be given to me is that of my 9 month old great granddaughter.

I thought my grandchildren were the best things in my life until I was presented with my beautiful great granddaughter.

I tried so hard to not get close. To not love her. It didn't work.

She can see me across the yard and immediately starts crying for me to get her. When she lays back on my chest and turns her head up to look in my eyes I melt.

Yes, love is the greatest gift I've ever been given.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well everyone has said the same thing I was gonna say. My children are the most precious possession I've ever had in my life. I could win the lottery or travel the world over and still my kids are the greatest gift of all.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
My greatest gift is life,

I almost had mine snapped away from me 10 years ago, My little sister oni xx saved me, So my greatest gift is life, I get to watch her grow in to
A young women and I get to appreciate what I have got, I now know how easy it is to have it all taken away,

I now fill my heart with love,
Care for everyone
Take as many pictures of my loved ones as I can,
And never forget that life is a gift that can be taken away from us,

Oh and my GHD hair straightners
lol

[edit on 19-11-2008 by asala]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Nice post asala. I guess if you come close to losing life then life is precious. My kids are the miracles of life that started inside my wife and to watch them grow and change is just priceless.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Awww what a beautiful thread

I have a few greatest gifts...

First and foremost, my son

secondly, my health.... you dont realize how precious it is, until it deteriorates beyond your control...

And a few other gifts i feel have been 'given' to me so to speak..

belly dancing
meditation
truth
knowledge
inner peace
strentgh

As you can see, none of my greatest gifts are material, its a shame more people dont realize that the best things in life are free :-)

-peace

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Im glad some members are posting, I thought nobody would like to contribute.

For those who have children you are allowed a second best gift ever!! I should have included that in my OP but since Im only 33 and cant keep a girlfriend for more than 2 weeks I was thinking about every other gift but children however Im sure that will be my best gift ever one day!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Im 26, and just realized that even though ive had the toughest year ever (with health)...... that i have so many beautiful things to be thankful for!

So thanks OP!!! made my night!!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Im having trouble with the "reply to button" but you are very welcome cosmicstrom, I hope your health improves and Im glad I got down to BTS because ATS is getting a little out of control lately.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Aside from my healthy children, the biggest gift of all, I am reminded of a Mothers Days gift that my son made me for me in Preschool. The class had their Mother day drawings/poems hanging in the classroom and each mom had to pick out which one her child had made. The teacher caught my eye and smiled ear to ear.. " yours will be easy to find, " she said.

I started to read the poems. Each child had to fill in the blanks.

I remember when you sang ____________ to me.

I remember when we _________________.

I love when you ___________________.

Every one of the kids had a nursery rhyme as the song their mom sang to them, trips to the zoo etc .. till i found my son's..

I remember when you sang Ramble On to me. ..

I remember when we blew bubbles in the kitchen.

I love when you give me monkey bites ( a family term for a quick tickle on the top of the shoulders ) .

His project was so unique... i felt proud and blessed . The silly moments that we had at home were the ones that stayed with him the most.

As my kids grow, i see that there are wondrous gifts given to me daily. Their joy is infectious , they still come to Mom with problems, and we laugh a LOT.

[edit on 11/19/08 by SugarJ]

new topics

top topics

join