It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirational Movie

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
one of my favorite movies
deserves two clips

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Legends of the Fall was one of the first movies that came to mind for me.

[edit on 10-1-2009 by NightoftheComet]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Skip to 2:04 ...

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Thanks martalen
Fisher King…Every time I had a chance to see this movie, I kept getting side tracked lol
I have heard it is an excellent film and I must try to see it soon.

Thanks NightoftheComet
Legends of the fall…It’s been such a long time since I have seen this movie…I love the scenery in it and the epic storyline.

Thanks Schrodingers Dog
LA Story…A great film and a beautiful moment in the clip. I had almost forgotten about this film "Strange how we recognize when love ends but not when it begins" wise words…

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
So, this past weekend I actually got to see the entire Waking Life movie (thanks to Karlhungis!) and all I have to say is....wow. Just....wow. What a great movie on several levels

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
Thanks martalen
Fisher King…Every time I had a chance to see this movie, I kept getting side tracked lol
I have heard it is an excellent film and I must try to see it soon.

I'm a HUGE fan of Terry Gilliam's films and would highly recommend any of them. The Fisher King is one of his more overtly inspirational films and a great inititiation into his body of work.

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Oddly, some of my favorites for this are Christmas movies...

In the Santa Clause, when she gets her mystery date game, and he gets his weenie whistle...

In Elf, when they all start singing to power Santa's sleigh...

Of course, there's Ghostbusters, when the city gets behind them and cheers them on...

and for no reason I can still fathom...the Cutting Edge olympics triumph...and it seems there are a lot of guys who like this movie and don't know why....

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah Christmas movies are great… “It’s a wonderful life” is still my all time favorite

Of course, there's Ghostbusters, when the city gets behind them and cheers them on...

Ghostbusters has a strange feel good factor about it, which I just can’t quite explain…

and for no reason I can still fathom...the Cutting Edge Olympics triumph...and it seems there are a lot of guys who like this movie and don't know why....

I’m not sure which movie you mean by "Cutting Edge Olympics triumph"
do you mean Olympic triumph movies in general e.g. The Jesse Owens Story, Munich, Chariots of fire and Without Limits, a story about the runner Prefontaine. All of which are all very inspiring Olympic movies based on true stories and real life events.

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Chariots of Fire

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
The Pianist:

This movie is similar to Schindler's List in that out of despair comes hope and humanity.

The German (Nazi) officer in this scene is so humbled by the talent of the Jewish victim (played by Adrian Brody) that he proceeds to assist him throughout the rest of the war with food and clothing provisions in order to save him from the brutality of the Nazi war machine, (which would have executed him).

Its nice to have a talent to call upon!

Inspiring!!

Enjoy!

posted on Jan, 19 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I’m not sure which movie you mean by "Cutting Edge Olympics triumph"

Just the "Cutting Edge"...

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
This is another movie that is in my personal top ten of all time.

Million Dollar Baby

- JC

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Ben-Hur (1959 film)

- JC

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
O Brother Where Art Thou

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have so many that make me feel all good inside. One in particular that I didnt think I would like was "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" there are so many scenes that made me think about love and real love and what it is. OMG it was nuts what went through my mind during and after. I had just gone through a bad break up and would have loved to have this procedure done at the time UNTIL I saw the movie. After I watched it I realized that this person was part of who I am and that they helped make me that person and why would I ever want to forget that or them? I know it sounds all sappy but it really made me think. It also really struck a cord with my current BF. I swear we had the BEST conversation ever about feelings, love and life after this movie. He never opened up before and this really shocked me. I swear that movie did wonders for both of us.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NightoftheComet

WOW this is one of my all time favs! GREAT movie! I cry every time I watch it and I know what is going to happen..lol

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

OMG I love that scene! I am kind of surprised someone put it on here but in a way I am not. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Thank you for putting your heart out there
.mblahnikluver I still haven’t seen the movie “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” it definitely sounds like the kind of movie to watch with a potential future love of my life i.e. wife

I guess guys just have problems opening up sometimes, I know I do (I’m a guy lol)… if there’s a movie out there that brings out our inner feelings, then so be it.

- JC

[edit on 16-6-2009 by Joecroft]

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I have a butt load of great inspirational films. Some I can't believe haven't been posted yet. We'll start with "A Walk To Remember".

The part where Landon comes to his father's house to hug him after they hadn't spoken for years. It chokes me up every time. A father-son love like that is very sacred.

[edit on 8/10/2009 by Locoman8]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join