It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirational Movie

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:
Edn

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
White Red Panic - more a short film to make you think a little than an inspiring film or maybe both?

vimeo.com...

dont know why people like youtube after I found vimeo (sorry for the shameless plug
)

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Speech Changed My Life...

--J

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Cool Hand Luke

[edit on 4-12-2008 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Truth_Seeker

I haven't thought about this movie since high school, but thank you for putting it up here. Schindler's List is without a doubt one of the most powerful movies I have ever seen in my life.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
This was such a great film, one of Deniro's best roles and probably Leo's best ever. A lot of people haven't seen this movie but I would recommend it to anyone.

Deniro plays the psychotic abusive stepfather and in this scene DeCaprio has just found out that he won a scholarship that he had been praying for which would give him enough money to go away to school and get out of the horrible conditions of home. Deniro finds out and isnt too happy.

I just wish this clip had shown the next 10 minutes when Leo and his mom both go running away from the house screaming with joy because they are finally free...and Deniro realizing that he is now all alone in his misery. Great film.

The Boy's Life

[edit on 12/5/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It's a Wonderful Life

Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Not so much a clip, But the whole movie..

Little miss sunshine.

Although, Grandpa's little talk to olive get's me choked up...

[edit on 20/12/08 by blupblup]

posted on Dec, 26 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Just finished watching this movie. I loved it. Such a simple beautiful story about a very amazing man - that through sheer determination - turned his dream into reality. It made me laugh and cry all at the same time. ( Important to note I was crying because I was elated lol )

The World's Fastest Indian

[edit on 26-12-2008 by destiny-fate]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Thanks Destiny-fate
JFK…Haven’t seen the movie (Man I gota stay in more lol ) but from the clips I have seen it looks like a very powefull and inspiring film.
The World's Fastest Indian… Wow! That really looks inspiring! Anthony Hopkins is a great actor, I’m sure that guy could play the role of just about anybody lol

Thanks Karlhungis
Waking life…this movie is amazing; it totally engages the viewer in many ways. It’s the kind of movie you can watch again and again and still find something new in it or something you didn’t notice the first time around

Reign over me…I haven’t seen this movie either… looks like a very touching and emotional film, I cant wait to see it.

Thanks Spiramirabilis
Lawrence of Arabia…Yes it’s a classic, there is no doubt in my mind about that
…That scene at the well, leaves me with a sense of shock, awe and mystery.
Wings of Desire…I haven’t seen this one, but from what I have looked up, it looks great. It’s about Angels, which I like
it also has Peter Falk who I like – I’m a big Columbo fan lol
Gandhi…An unforgetably powerfull film and inspirational in more ways than one.
Fiddler on the roof…I watched this movie with my familly, years ago, when I was about five years old lol I cant remember what it was about, but I do remember it lasted for hours
and there was a lot of crying, smiling, laughing, singing and dancing.
The Ruling Class…Shame on me, I havn’t seen this film…It looks hilarious…I’m looking forward to seeing this one.

Thanks Amelie
Karate Kid…Yeah I loved the ending in Karate Kid. I remember watching the ending in slow mo on the old video recorder, many years back

Thanks BlackOps719
American Beauty…When I first saw this movie it completely blew me away, I don’t think I have seen another movie quite like it.
The Boy’s life…I liked this film and you are right about the ending it’s very inspirational, especially the part, where they run from the house and realize they are finally free.

Thanks Skyfloating
Rain Man…I found this film very moving and deeply touching. I believe this film is inspirational because it shows a mans determination to make a connection and friendship with his brother even though deep down, he knows it is not going to be easy.
Mulholland Drive…Haven’t seen this one, so im not sure where to start
I guess two woman kissing each other could be classed as inspirational, in a certain kind of way
lol

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Thanks Shrodingers dog
Being There…I haven’t seen this film but from what I have read about it, it sounds like a really sureal and funny movie.
Umberto D…Sorry I haven’t seen this movie iether
Movies about genuine struggles in everyday life can be very inspiring…My Italien is not very good but I am looking forward to seeing this film.

Thanks The_Truth_Seeker
Cool Hand Luke…Loved this movie and Paul Newman was great, may he rest in peace.
Schindler’s List…I went to see this movie with a Jewish girl I knew years ago… brings back a lot of memories
this movie is very inspirational, I think it is because it shows that out of so much evil, one person can light up the darkness and give people hope for the future.
Shawshank redemption…this movie has been chosen twice now
so I will stick to my original statement. "This movie is an inspirational work of art"

Thanks yeahright
Hoosiers…Yeah nothing quite beats hard work and determination, even if it all comes to fruition in the final seconds of a basketball game

Thanks SolarSkye
Saving private Ryan…This movie makes you feel like your actaully in battle and is soo real. Laying down your life for others is the most ultimate sacrifice a person can make…yes very inspirational

Thanks CeltAngel
Office Space…lol I guess just about most of us have felt like smashing our printers, PC,s or laptops at one time or another.

Thanks JamesTheScibe
Chasing Amy…Yeah speech is a powerful thing. There have been many great inspirational speeches over the centuries and not just in movies.

Thanks blupblup
Little Miss Sunshine…Haven’t seen this film ! but it looks good from what I’ve read. There’s nothing more inspirational than a family bonding together, at tuff times in their lives.

Thanks Edn
White Red Panic…I think this short film is about sacrifice and trying to too do the right thing. I really liked it a lot…it really got me thinking deeply…in many ways. …(Hey shameless plugs are ok with me
lol)

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Heaven Can Wait

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Excellent idea for a thread.

Here's one of my choices:

Philadelphia ending - always gets me, the culmination of the film topic, the impact of the disease and the music at the end!

[edit on 8-1-2009 by Breifne]

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Schindler's List is, imo, the most utterly depressing yet inspirational film of all time.

Snippet:

Not for the lighthearted.

posted on Jan, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
And to finish on a positive note:

This one is just what it is: Rocky Balboa's inspirational speech to his son! Moving.

I'd prefer if he just slapped him around the head, but then again, it wouldn't have been so inspirational!

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

Thanks Breifne for your compliment on my thread.

Philadelphia…Excellent choice…this entire film is very powerful and memorable…love the Bruce Springsteen song, "Streets of Philadelphia"

Schindler’s List…Second time this movie has been chosen
and for good reason. I found parts of this movie very hard to watch and yet there are parts of human endeavor within it, which are extremely inspirational.

lol Yeah sometimes a slap around the head
can work!
Rocky 6…I think all the Rocky films are inspirational, although personally, I still think the first Rocky film was the best
That speech by Rocky to his son in the movie clip was apparently Sylvester Stallone’s own words!

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft

Heaven Can Wait

So now I am curious lol is there one particular line or scene you preferred in this movie ? You don't have to go into detail lol

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by destiny-fate

You don't have to go into detail lol

Funny, that’s my phrase lol

I really just loved the whole movie, ever since I was a kid.
I guess I like the end scene of this movie, where they both kind of think they have met before.
When you think you have met someone else before (and maybe you even have) or recognize a part of someone you used to know in someone else, I think that can be very inspiring

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Yes
the spirit connection. Thanks for sharing

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join