It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8-year-old admits double shooting in police video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

8-year-old admits double shooting in police video

news.yahoo.com

ST. JOHNS, Ariz. – An 8-year-old boy accused in the deaths of his father and another man gave police conflicting accounts about the shootings, at one point saying, "I wasn't shooting any guns" before admitting to firing at least two shots at each of the men.

Sitting in an oversized chair, his feet dangling above the floor, the boy told law enforcement officials in an hourlong police video released Tuesday that he found the bodies of his father, Vincent Romero, 29, and Timothy Romans, 39, when he returned home from school.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Only in America!!

This kid, no matter he did it or not, was interrogated alone without his mother, a lawyer or a guardian, he states from the beggining that his father was dead when he got to the house, and then when the cops start leaning him towards confessing he starts to changes his story. And even when he starts his "confession" they didn't even bother to read him his right.

I have not seen worst police conduct since the JonBenet case.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
If you watch the video that's on Yahoo's homepage right now he says they were both dead when he came home. I'm just having a lot of difficulty believing that an 8 year old kid could shoot and kill two grown men on opposite sides of the house and neither of them be able to either get away or stop him. I'm also curious why no one heard the gun shots if this happened after the boy got home from school... The story given by the police just doesn't sound right to me..

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

And is not only until the interrogators start pressing the kid towards admitting that he did it that he starts changing his story.

Now a traumatized kid, dont anyone think he would be susceptible to changing his story given that he has two people of authority asking him questions?

You raise also a good point, how in the world an 8 year old put 8 shots from a hunting rifle which he has two reload and none of this adults gets the chance of either escaping or wrestle the weapon away from the kid?

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Bunch]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Here is the related thread about this from about a week ago when it first happened.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I dont believe the boy did it.

top topics

join