It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air America Radio

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Has anyone listened to Al Franken's Air America Radio show? Franken's time slot is called The Franken Factor, broacast in the Zero Spin Zone, obviously a tribute to his best buddy Bill.

It will be interesting to see how long this will last. Personally I look forward to hearing an alternative point of view.

Soon Al Gore will have his TV station also. Can't keep 'em down on the farm!

john

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I dont think it will last too long, if he gets too "out there" on topics, the media will can him. Unfortuneately

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Well Janeane Garofalo has a spot and I've always had a soft spot for her, so I hope it sticks around.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am for the idea of all sides getting their voice heard. That is a wonderful thing in America.

I am concerned however that this will serve as another thrashing zone.

That would only serve to muddle the already nasty and skewed information that is put out there as it is.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I love The O'Franken Factor and the whole station!It's so nice to hear a different, intelligent point of view. Of course it blurs the lines even further between entertainers and news media. It seems they are harping alot on Bush and how he didn't prevent 9/11. There is so much fodder to nail Bush on, I think they should lay off on that pre 9/11 stuff. I don't think any administration would of handled all of the tragic mistakes that led to 9/11 any better.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I've been listening since yesterday at noon when it started. Its good, im listening right now.
Al Franken only has one time slot, a woman who used to be an N.P.R. reporter is on now,she is really good. Chuck D and a couple of others were on this morning.
I think that the station will do well. I listen to the radio about 16 hours a day and aside from a couple of time slots on a few other stations there is nothing like it on the air. Unfortunately right now I understand it is only on in a few markets.
I think they said you can listen to it online.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Yes, you can listen to the live stream in areas where it is not on a channel yet. That's how I picked it up today.

john

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It's also on XM radio. Channel 167. Good, good stuff.

Ra

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
The O'Franken Factor is great, very funny yet also very well done. Al is a very bright guy who knows what he's talking about.

ChuckieD was suprisingly very good. I don;t care much for cRAP but he came across as being very sharp and knowledgable.

The coup though was bringing my personal favorite over from RadioPower.org, the Randi Rhodes show!!!
She is so very good at digging and researching, being very prepared and knowledgable on the topics. With Randi going national she will make AirAmerica.com successful just as she did for RadioPower.org!!
Now I hope they get Thom Hartmann and Mike Malloy to move over to this wonderful venture as well.

The bush regime is crumbling fast as the pawns refuse to be silenced and turn on the bushcrimefamily to expose them as the criminals they are, once and for all!!

The neo-con's christian taliban have had their burkas lifted and the ugliness has now begun to be exposed to the world and more importantly, to the American people who will now make sure that thier votes will be counted!!!

Your daddys money can't buy you everything georgie!!! The parties over, all the coke has been snorted, and your male hookers have all gone home!!!

Time for Americans to take back America from the corupt bush regime and his corporate keepers!!!

Take back America!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Well said Ra,
Now the members of the war party are going to have to trade in one their fifty bibles and buy a satellite just to hear whats going on outside the belt.
Randi Rhodes is the one from N.P.R. i think.
oh well,good thoughts.

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Actually, I think Randy Rhodes was Ozzie's guitarist back in the 80s before he was killed in a plane crash.

On a separate note, is there anything non-political on this new radio station because I love radio but hate the same old same old?

posted on Apr, 2 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Air America??? Shades of the CIA during the Viet Nam era!

Actually, Mr. Franken is very cool.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Why Liberal radio will fail, as it has in the past:

sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/03/11/BUG305I4KS1.DTL

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kramtronix
Why Liberal radio will fail, as it has in the past:

sfgate.com.../c/a/2004/03/11/BUG305I4KS1.DTL

I agree in a sense with the article.

In addition, corporate advertisers may favor conservative hosts who are friendlier to their points of view.

"If you're promoting SUVs, you're more likely to get an SUV commercial than if you're bashing them. That's pretty elementary,"

Right wing AM babysitters are pretty much shameless whores for their sponsors. Rush, who probably has never set foot in Red Lobster or Auto Zone, has no problem talking them up.

Another big Rush advertiser is pharmaceuticals. He promotes political ideology against national healthcare, so it's in Phizer's interest to advertise on a junkie's show.

So even though Lib Radio may have an audience... even a highly intelligent, well educated difficult to reach audience... they will have a hard time attracting traditional sponsors. I'm guessing Old Navy or some brand trying to be "hip" has the best mesh.

Also, there's the problem of reporting ratings. Arbitron has a monopoly on ratings diaries. It's well known in the advertising industry that people "stack" their weekly diaries claiming to listen to much more radio than they do...

This is NEVER more true than for politcal ideology. Rush has a rabid following that is suspected of claiming to listen 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, even when they don't.

For Lib Radio to succeed in Rush terms (like 20 million supposed listeners) the Arbitron diaries will have to find their way into a significant number of ultra political loyal listeners hands, willing to lie like they do for Rush.

Remember Arbitron is not like Neilson. There's no radio box. It's entirely based on you agreeing to do it for a year, then "honestly" filling out forms.

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I don't know, I'd bet good money that Rush took advantage of all you can eat shrimp at Red Lobster before!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I don't know, I'd bet good money that Rush took advantage of all you can eat shrimp at Red Lobster before!!!

LOL True!

Besides, what does Red Lobster have anything to do with ANYTHING? I'm as middle class as it gets, and I've never even stepped foot in one of those joints!

posted on Apr, 4 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hey...I love Red Lobster...their stuffed mushrooms are the shyte!

Anywho, I have very little faith in this idea. I love the idea, don't get me wrong, but I just don't see it working.

Oh, and I probably listen to much more conservative talk radio than most people who fill out those derned forms. I deliver pizzas! I hear Rush, O'Hannity, Savage, (but I love Savage) and Farber...anywho...

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I wish Air America the best of luck....more diversity of opinion being talked about is a good thing....
however,
I have heard both Rush's and Randi Rhodes radio shows, and i hope that the new liberal radio wil not degenerate into just more mud slinging....theres enough mud to fling at both republicans and democrats, lets talk about issues....
I also hope that some of the WILD accusations that rhodes brings up on her show, dont become the focus for AIR AMERICA.... Rush is good because he uses hard facts (sometimes slanted) and avoids speculation and name calling. I hope his compitition uses better debate tactics. Im not a democrat but feel that hearing both sides will give those of us in the middle a better view.

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i don't get that station where i live, my hope is it lasts long enough to make it to the smaller towns

posted on Apr, 8 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by teenagehousewife
i don't get that station where i live, my hope is it lasts long enough to make it to the smaller towns

You can go to here and listen to it online.

____

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join