It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Greys are perhaps only Grey Areas of the mind:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What if the Greys as we refer to them are nothing more than grey memories? Memories surfacing from deep within the brain? They are grey because they are not clear in our minds.

We call unidentified objects, unidentified beings as aliens. They are alien to us. What if some of the memories are alien to us? Something we do not understand.

Alien might also fit into an event that is not within our comprehension or experience and so we say, I saw an alien whilst sleeping, whilst in a dream state. I saw something whilst driving etc. I was abducted by an alien. In the majority of cases, abduction by aliens is what manifested to block out a trauma or reality.

I only write this because some memories are horrible, what if we don't want to remember an incident clearly, would we so we can cope perhaps alter the memory?

Many people write of shadow people disturbing them at night...well, is that perhaps a memory of being troubled whilst sleeping by a family member or a person?

I remember reading a thread where a guy met aliens whilst walking to work in a park, he lost an entire day, lost time and could not account for the time loss. The alien encounter was a fascinating read but I was left thinking, perhaps this person was actually mugged and bashed in the park but wanted to block it out, so created a fantasy story to cope.

Perhaps that is easier than saying, well everyone, I was mugged and bashed in a park on the way to work?

Or perhaps the alien that you might see at night is actually a member of your family abusing you?
So... perhaps it is easier to see an alien because we don't want to see the persons face?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Intelligent analysis, however, I do not think it is true.

Their existance is tangible.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
This is something I considered when going through a process of trying to make sense of my own experiences.

It was a possibility that what I recalled was in fact nothing of the sort, that my mind may well have been unwilling or unable to cope with perhaps a deeper trauma of facing 'the truth' in regards to some experiences.

That perhaps these figures that featured in those experiences, dreams, memories, whatever was just a construct of my mind to either a)fill in a gap/blank that I couldn't...or b)mask what/who it may well really been.

I did undergo such things as hypnosis, mediative regression and other methods to try and gain some *clarity*...what I came back with was a stronger image of the figures I once was somewhat unsure of.
In effect the *clarity* that came merely reinforced what I had predominately/initially thought.

Of course even those things are questionable/debateable as to whether you get any real answer or whether it simply cements the belief you hold.

...and sometimes that can be even more a traumatic/scary thought...sometimes there is some comfort, no matter how fleeting, in keeping things hovering in the 'unknown/unsure' bracket for a while...

Peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I have heard that putting a camera (video) will stop them from visiting you at nights or keep you from being abducted. Being a logical person thats sounds good and I hope that it does work for those folks, however: With them being able to travel across the galaxy and able to travel million of miles in a flash, why can't use a RAY on a EMF (field) just to stop the camera and have their way with you? Just doesn't make any sense to me!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Psychotherapy seems to suggest putting these past memories in the past as if some delusional dream. If these "delusional" events aren't occuring anymore, than why freak out about it? Internet sites such as this offer some type of closure or a type of group therapy. Even explanations such as mental illness, government mind control experiments etc. can help us get past the possible reality and use better logic. Delusional or not, depending on your opinion, you're not alone anymore.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
When I see pictures of tall greys or small greys that people have drawn, I cannot help to see the similarities of the image of people, adults and children who are dying of starvation:

Tall adults with long thin arms, large heads, big eyes etc... it is something to fear isn't it?

This is a drawing of an alien, a grey (notice the protruding stomach):

Quite amazing too that people would equate space ships with aliens that help to save or destroy... could be the mind can't cope with images or reality we simply resolve the issues by putting it outside of ourselves?

Well I can't help the starving people so a space ship will come down and sort it out?
These Greys are killing me... they are trying to destroy me.... perhaps that is our guilt too?

Living with an abundance of food while these people are starving?

People wouldn't want to see or even think about these things... perhaps then the images of starving people and extreme poverty would cause us nightmares? It is a hard thing to understand... it is alien to us but very close and could be a reality for us one day, hence the fear.

The 'greys' are trying to kill us or breeding with us... makes perfect sense, hey?

edit = fix links

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by guliver
I have heard that putting a camera (video) will stop them from visiting you at nights or keep you from being abducted.

hmm perhaps if we watch something else, change the channel we won't see it... but then again, disturbing images are everywhere, on every channel... so ... perhaps if we just see the image and retain it and accept it for what it is... it goes away?

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by alien

I just wonder what the effect of some images and realities has upon children? If we first saw images of starving people etc?

Or wars or learnt of despots like Pol Pot etc, learning about the genocide etc.... terrible things to see and learn about and very disturbing.

How do we resolve or try to understand, make sense of certain realities... perhaps we put ourselves in a bubble and deny they exist? Perhaps we just don't want to see things clearly?

I know I avoid the news, especially if it is filled with violence and attrocities, why, I lose sleep and I have nightmares.

I cannot help but see the similarities between the images and abduction accounts, witness testimonies with that of the very reality we exist in.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I guess I am the only one who sees the similarities between the starving people and aliens?

new topics

top topics

join