It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone recommend any alternative pain relief?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Hello..Sorry to hear about your pain..I understand about pain..I have gone to GNc and brought something called Arnica Montana..It comes in blister packs and cream..It did relieve some pain I had especially after surgery....Please feel better...cmd

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

Arnica Gel used to work wonders for my back pain. If you haven't tried it already it would be well worth giving it a go.

Edit to add, I posted this before reading cmd18b's post. Sounds as if we are recommending something similar.

[edit on 21-11-2008 by berenike]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Thurisaz

According to this websit,plankton can be quite useful in alleviating some pains and aches-
www.yeastinfectionadvisor.com...
I don't know how true it is though!
Cheers karl

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Mullen. Boil and drink mullen. It is a narcodic, over the counter. I took some while testing a tea. Then, finding I was stoned and complete happy and gellin almost metaphoric (and pain free), I thought I better research what the heck.

And I found that mullen was narcodic.
I don't use drugs and it was a total surprise-but if I were ever in a car accident, I would reach for the mullen.

Mullein has been a valued medicinal herb since antiquity. The Greek physician-herbalist Dioscorides was one of the first to recommend its use in curing diseases of the lungs, and it remained thus employed for more than 1,800 years. Infusions of the leaves and flowers were used, and similar preparations were administered to cure lung ailments in swine and cattle.

Mullein was used to treat a variety of other ailments. Awash prepared from the leaves, flowers, and roots soothed sprains, reduced inflammations, and healed wounds. The flowers infused in oil were used to cure hemorrhoids and as a specific cure for earache.

Good run down on Mullen page

Even though it says lungs this or broncial that (which was why it found it's way into my friends tea after consulting 2 card carrying herbalists), I noticed that it helped me with the disguarded cronic neck and back pain I suffer silently.

Side of the road or jar in the natural grocery.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

That's good to know. I currently use essential oils with DMSO but they're kind of pricey. If there's something cheaper available, I'll look into it. Thanks.

Thurisaz, have you tried any of the recommendations yet?

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
AHH!!! Traumeel! My mom loves that stuff.
Yeah, wow. Um, acupressure/puncture, herbs (make sure they're safe), meditation, hypnosis, Reiki, using minerals and gemstones, talismans, massage and aromatherapy, breathing techniques. The list goes on and on. I worked with healing minerals and rocks and stones for a long time, so I have experience with their success and maybe a good step would be investigating some helpful stones, buying them, cleansing them, putting them in a little sachet and keeping them near your bed. It helped my grandpa through some cancer and a coma, and many surgeries. He's almost 90, still keeps my sachet on his bedside.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Oh thanks for all the replies. I don't get on ATS too often now so thanks... I will definitely check out this:

Originally posted by BlackOps719

You need to get yourself some cannibus sativa my friend.

It will make you feel 1,000 times better than any of that over the counter poison that your doctor will hook you up with. 100% truth right there.....all natural from Gods hands to you

As for what I am on, of farout... Tramadol (which is blah! makes me feel like carp, doesn't work...if I take the amount to which prescribed, I am off my face and my mouth is dry and have heart palpitations)

Mersyndol... (codeine phospate, paracetamol + doxylamine) another one that just wipes me out.

Endocet... which is another that just knocks me out. How the fudge is anyone supposed to work or drive whilst under this type of medication?

The traumeel is natural and I apply it to the area so that helps but wears off...

I am googling now info on cannibus sativa LMAO cannibus... ha ha ha marijuana... omg how thick am I?

so that isn't going to work however, when my best friend was dying of brain tumor she was prescribed a tablet that contained properties of that and on wiki, there is some info re pharmacology:

Pharmacology
Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)Although the main psychoactive chemical compound in Cannabis is Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the plant is known to contain about sixty cannabinoids; however, most of these "minor" cannabinoids are only produced in trace amounts. Besides THC, another cannabinoid produced in high concentrations by some plants is cannabidiol (CBD), which is not psychoactive but has recently been shown to block the effect of THC in the nervous system.[7] Differences in the chemical composition of Cannabis varieties may produce different effects in humans. Synthetic THC, called dronabinol, does not contain CBD, CBN, or other cannabinoids, which is one reason why its pharmacological effects may differ significantly from those of natural Cannabis preparations.wiki

I will speak to my Dr about Marinol...

marinol

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help!

[edit on 24-11-2008 by Thurisaz]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Been to a chiropractor yet?

yes for about 15months and just gave up... be ok for a couple of hours and then pffft... the thing that made me laugh was when the chiro couldn't get what was out in...and just said, oh it is jammed... and that was it.

I am now seeing a remedial skeletal person who although every week puts me through pain, is making a difference. Lots of calcification, I have a lump the size of a 20c piece that is calcified next to the top vertebrae so he is fixing that and what was jammed is starting to move.

I am yet to try an alkaline bath... I will get some salt but I forgot what it is called so have to wait and see him and write it down then go and buy it.

that is the biggest problem with the medications I am on... affects the memory. so bad

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thurisaz
I am yet to try an alkaline bath... I will get some salt but I forgot what it is called so have to wait and see him and write it down then go and buy it.

Epsom salt (chemical name: magnesium sulfate) maybe? It's available at any drugstore.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

LOL that is it! thanks... I am writing it down

top topics

<< 1   >>

join