It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eye Drops - Proper Proven Application

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
As a sufferer of glaucoma, I have arrested the progression of vision loss with eye drops by changing the way I sit afterwards.

Typically when one thinks of applying eye drops to ones self it is common to sit with ones head tilted back hoping that the fliud does not dribble down the cheek. I used this method for 4 years. I went through three different (stronger) prescription lenses.

In the last 5 years I applied the eyedrops as per usual but instead of tilting my head back, I tilted my head forward until I was facing the ground. One reason why I changed was because of the medicated drops running down my cheeks but primarily due to the fact that my cornea border is swimming in medication. Rolling the eye slowly helps to disturbute the liquid evenly around the cornea where it is needed. (an understanding of what glaucoma is and what an eyeball side profile looks like certain helps)

As now you can see (OMG pun!), the medication with head tilted back would sit in the 'eyeliner trough' and also flow to the corners of the eyes due to gravity away from where it is needed. If you ever need to use eye-drops, please use this method to work out if it medicates better.

It may not even be necessary to pinch the tear ducts to avoid the fliud draining away.

So, since you are probably wondering how many times have I needed stronger glasses since using this tilt-forward method over the last five years?

ans: none.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:26 AM
link   
When giving eye drops to my children, I have them lay down, and I put the drop along the side of their nose just beside the tear duct, then they move their head to the side to allow it to run into the eye.
This works best for children versus holding it above the eye and letting it drop in. Most unpleasant.

new topics

join