It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird feeling as i fall asleep waking up terrified

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
recently, when i have been trying to go to sleep, just like every other night just as i'm about to fall asleep i get this strange tingly sensation. Its kinda like the entrance of Salvia if anyone has tried that. It makes me feel very scared, feeling like someone is in the room....Something evil. That sounds ridiculous but thats what i feel. i have never been afraid of the dark but every night for the past week and a half it has happened. Well; this is where it gets even stranger. i have been staying with my friend(girl) and every night at her house i had no problems. i am currently staying with my aunt and i have slept there numerous times without trouble. but for the last few weeks every night i get this feeling. even last night when my friend stayed at my place in my bed. i woke up terrified even with her there. this is going to sound weird but my first thought(she was facing away from me as if we were spooning) was that she had became a different person, evil person, even though i knew it was her sleeping...and i felt like i was in a nightmare while awake and thought she was going to turn around and turn vicous and attack me. not her(as in in her image) but change into something else. besides that feeling, if i surpass that, is right before i dream, i can see as if my eyes are open but i know they are shut, then i start the dream. my first feelings while in the dream, i feel like im still in the room only i am not laying down. And it feels like whomever is in the room, has been there all along..And it feels like whomever is in the room, has been there all along usually involving someone(like a dark figure) reaching for me and like last night this dark figure put both hands on my chest, then their hands fell through my chest and it gave me a feeling of extreme pressure(not painful) like it was pulling out my chest from the inside like it was taking out my soul???. i get so scared i cannot have my feet hanging over the bed and i look around the room like someone is watching me making me even more nervous. my heart races and i breath heavily. at first i thought my aunts house was haunted cuz i get this weird feeling (described below about the feeling that kind of dampens sound to feel that jolt of fear) all over the house. the sensation sometimes also makes me feel like i am getting heavier and heavier(no problem breathing or anything) and my body feels like something is about to "take" me i cannot explain that any other way. and i get that noise, in my head like a jolt of fear almost like that feeling when like your about to get into a car accident. you get that pressure and ringing in your ears that makes u alert. it just like pulses every once in a while when its not the full body sensation. does anyone have any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Garunteed it's Sleep Paralysis.

It's scary when you wake up, eyes closed.. but you're 100% aware of your surroundings and hear sounds but are "paralyzed"..

BUT!!!

It's 1000x more scary when you get it when attempting to sleep, instead of when you are waking up.

Hard to explain the difference but there is one..
You can't control.. you fight so hard just to wake up and dont want to "let yourself go"..

This happened to me a few days ago when attempting to to sleep..
# I get scared.

Just try not to sleep in the moonlight ok?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I agree, it sounds like sleep paralysis to me. I get it rarely now, but for a while when I was in my early twenties I had it several times a week, just as I was going to sleep. It's terrifying.

This is not to discourage you from exploring whether there might be a spiritual component to what's going on, but just to let you know that it's not unusual and that there is a physical/medical explanation.

Good luck

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Have you been thinking about a major change in your life. Is there anything in your life that you are unsure about? Your mind coud just be
fighting itself and thats why you feel the pressure then it just runs away with the rest of it. I have had similar expierences when facing major dececions. Don't know just a thought.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I don't have an answer, but I have a similar thing happen to me sometimes. I know it is not sleep paralysis because I am not paralyzed which I would think would be a crucial symptom of that diagnosis
Anyways, sometimes I am jolted awake in the middle of the night and I am hyper aware of my surroundings. It just feels like something is there, something not so friendly. However, I have never seen or physically experienced any paranormal phenomena. Sometimes it happens right before I fall asleep, once again jolted to a hyper sense of awareness that something is near.

It doesn't happen very often, and not enough that I could find a common string of events that may lead to this.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Anyways, sometimes I am jolted awake in the middle of the night and I am hyper aware of my surroundings

sleep apnea can cause what you are experiencing.

if you snore at night get checked.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Anyways, sometimes I am jolted awake in the middle of the night and I am hyper aware of my surroundings

sleep apnea can cause what you are experiencing.

if you snore at night get checked.

Interesting, I've never heard of this. However, I have in the past been told I snore quite loudly. Maybe I will have to look into this connection.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by crashoverridehck

Much of what you describe has happened to me, on and off for years, and only recently I'm not so scared by it. When I used to be scared by it I avoided sleeping until dawn.

You said your girlfriend seemed like she would turn into something else, and was evil. I had that too with my husband. It was as if it was being revealed he wasn't entirely human and was causing this nightmare. I thought he was going to turn into a demonic beast and attack me. But as soon as it was over, he was just laying there and back to normal.

I sense a presence in the room. Same thing, I think they're there to take me ... it feels very real as it happens.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by violet]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I used to live in a house in which, someone had committed suicide.
I used to have terrible cases of Sleep Paralysis in which I would see
the spirit of the man who had took his own life.
I also had issues while staying at my friend's house who had passed away.
I saw a spiritual representation of her, yet, I believe that
these episodes were due to unrest and stress.
As for the house I occupied, the strange happenings did not stop.
Friends and other occupants of the house noted paranormal activity
having to do with me. Many feared I had been possessed for, they were
mostly of the Christian religion. I think that this "sleeping while awake"
phenomenon can possibly be harnessed to a point where we can stay in that
mode as long as we'd like.
It is very draining and feels quite hesitant in the beginning.
You get used to it after the 4th or 5th time, roughly.
I feel that you have to push your body to extremes to reach this trance though.
Fasting is a good thing to do to accomplish it.
I also have noted that the realization of false reality and thoughts of disconnection
from your body can help you achieve out of body experience.

posted on Dec, 23 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by crashoverridehck
right before i dream, i can see as if my eyes are open but i know they are shut, then i start the dream. my first feelings while in the dream, i feel like im still in the room only i am not laying down. And it feels like whomever is in the room, has been there all along

exactly,its all a dream,i know it myself very well,none of its real nothing will ever happen to you i swear!
the dreams feel very life like,as real as reality,they are more like waking dreams,learn to open your eyes in dreams and you lbe fine!

theres nothing to be afraid of thats supernatural,nothing is allowed to hurt you directly they can only play mind games and thats all they will ever be!

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Hey man, i have had a similar experience, yet a little different. While i was lying down it felt if someone kept touching me. My first reaction was to swing my fist in the air, and after turning on the light there was nothing. I laid down again and this time there was a tingling on my feet, and gradually worked its way to my head. The tingling was constant and moved through my body in order from my feet to my head. I was scared but since i knew no one was in the room i let it go on. Another reason why i let it go on, is that i was not getting a bad vibe from this feeling, i was scared, but no bad feeling. So right after this happened my mind went into a trance, and it literally looked like my ceiling was gone and the stars were right above me. Keep in mind my eyes were OPEN. It felt as if my body were as light as a feather. I have a couple of theories; my first is that this is a weird energy that if you are in the right state of mind you can feel it and effects you depending (your case in a bad way). My second is that if you believe in ghosts, its the work of one trying to contact you and tell you something. Its a very strange feeling. But i think our situations are similar, but with different outcomes. Good luck with this situation.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by crashoverridehck

Hi there, I know exactly what your going through, it happened to me for years and years until I learned how to make it stop. It started when I was about 21 years old, (I am now 50 ). But this went on for many years, it scared the hell out of me, It always felt like something evil was trying to take my soul or rather pull it out of me. And I would like to say that I was not asleep, I was fully awake only I could not open my eyes. This is "NOT SLEEP PARALYSIS". That term is used because scientists don't have any other explanation for what is going on. This is how it started with me. Whenever I got to that stage of sleep, just before you drop off, so to speak. I would feel this soft vibration with a low humming noise in my head. Then I would start feeling the pulling, not of my physical body, but more like my soul or my astral body, I wasn't and still am not sure which, but as all that started happening I would automatically start to pull back from it and as I did this, the low humming would get louder and louder, the vibration got stronger and stronger and "The Fight" as I call it was on. I would be laying there feeling like I was fighting for my life or my soul. It wasn't like a physical fight, but more like I was fighting with all the strength from my will not to let it take me. It was definitely evil. So then, I would be screaming back inside my head at this evil presence to leave me the f--- alone and the louder I would scream to it, the louder the noise got in my head from it until it sounded like a jet plane that is taking off on the runway with the screeching loudness. And then I would wake up, scared to death. And this went on for years, I would tell just a few people about it because no one understood what the hell I was going through every night. There were a few other strange things that happened to me too. But as far as stopping that from happening to you, you have to move or jerk and part of your body and wake yourself up out it. I know it's hard to move, but you can, even if its only a finger. O.K. now for the strange part. There were two times that I got my eyes open for a split second and what I saw the first time was like a flashing red light in the room. The second time I got my eyes open for a second I saw four being standing around my bed two on each side. Now I don't know what that was all about but it was strange to me. Anyway, I could go on and on about the weird # i have experienced while in that state of consciousness, but I won't right now. I just read your story and thought that maybe you could use some advice. Good luck to you. Stay strong. LaDonne

new topics

top topics

join