It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Anyone Ever Heard Of HIPPUS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
For the record..........

You can go to spookjr's profile, then click posts, and in his post history you can find all that he posted in this thread.

I think what it is pretty clear what he is talking about.

Second generation HAARP.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Sorry, Dawg, I think you'll find I'm right.

Look into 'F.I.P.A.S' also.

Frequency-Independent Phased-array Antenna

www.superforce.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

I know the guy that originally designed those mirrors. He was living here in town. I can do some legwork and see if he is still kickin'.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I can see his posts fine.

I'm confused on what is going on.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
He's back. From where ever he was, he is back.
Unfortunately his thread my be forever derailed.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So what are you all on about? I see his posts just fine?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spookjr
reply to post by interestedalways

The reason that I started this thread was to ask a simple question, or didnt you see that. So I guess that no one has any info for me.

Well I have never heard of the term HIPPUS but the new genreation HAARP facility is at Poker Flat Research Range, Near Chatanika, Alaska

Chatanika Incoherent Scatter Facility

Gate sign...

There are actually many HAARP installations and network components all around the world. I just finished looking into the one in Australia

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Sorry Badge saw your post too late..

HIPAS it is... that page you linked is by Guy Cramer, whose grand dad worked with John Lear's father on anti gravity with TT Brown for the DoD in 1952 Project Winterhaven

Here is one of the Arrays...

[edit on 19-11-2008 by zorgon]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well dang. Their payin' "customer" don't speel to gud do them?

Nice sign.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well its not like this place is a big secret
though some of the work they do might be..

HIPAS Observatory
The HIPAS (HIgh Power Auroral Stimulation) Observatory is an ionospheric heater, which can radiate 70 MW ERP at either 2.85 MHz or 4.53 MHz. located 30 miles Northeast of Fairbanks, Alaska, in the small community of Two Rivers. It is located at: 64° 52’ 19" N latitude and 146° 50’ 33" W longitude and operates year-round. The HIPAS Observatory is operated by the UCLA plasma physics laboratory.

The HIPAS facility is engaged in the study of the ionosphere through the use of high power radio transmission as well as a LIDAR (LIght Detection And Ranging ) instrument. The facility is home to several projects with some interesting equipment, including:

* A plasma torch, used for experiments in hazardous waste disposal
* A 2.8 meter liquid mirror telescope, which uses a spinning bowl of mercury to form the mirror, used for laser experiments.
* An array of antennae which are used for heating the ionosphere.

Some of the research conducted at HIPAS is similar to the controversial HAARP project, and so the staff of the facility sometimes have to answer the same questions from the public.

SOURCE Wikipedia

UCLA Physics Plasma Lab

HIPAS OBSERVATORY

The nearly vertical magnetic field lines connect the location to both the magnetosphere and the open field lines

HIPAS Observatory is on a 120 acre site located about 25 miles east of Fairbanks on the Chena-Hot Springs road. there are 6 buildings (~10,000 sq ft), and remotely operated diagnostic at off-site locations.One of the buildings is a "bunkhouse," available to provide housing for visiting experimenters. The site operates year-round. Professor Alfred Y. Wong is the director and Dr. Ralph Wuerker is the associate director. There are four permanent staff members. Mr. William Huhn is the site manager. The site is owned by the University of Alaska, Fairbanks, which cooperates with UCLA.

www.physics.ucla.edu...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well its not like this place is a big secret
though some of the work they do might be..

* A 2.8 meter liquid mirror telescope, which uses a spinning bowl of mercury to form the mirror, used for laser experiments.
* An array of antennae which are used for heating the ionosphere.

I've heard of the mercury mirror concept for use in adaptive optics but it doesn't seem well suited to that task. It can only point straight up for one thing. But if you're exciting a spot in the ionosphere straight overhead (for study via LIDAR) that wouldn't be a problem.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Phage]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I was interested in THIS part... and I would think Matyas would be as well

'A plasma torch, used for experiments in hazardous waste disposal "

HIPAS is just North of USAF EIELSON AIR FORCE BASE

The whole area around Poker Flats has 'hidden facilities'
As well as Kodiak Island, another Rocket launch facility

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

heh, yeah.
Kinda makes you wonder what they're foolin' with that they want to burn up.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
Well dang. Their payin' "customer" don't speel to gud do them?

No its just dem AF boys love to confuddle and confuse people. It's in their nature

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
You might get more educated information from Dr. Nick Begich. He is familiar with HAARP and lives in Alaska. Try Google for him. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I can see SJ's posts now. Didn't before, in case you may think some members here be pullin' yer leg.

Interestedalways is my ace. Anything happens to me and the whole world will know. Good to have someone like her on yer side
yup!

Now you have our attention. Those liquid mirrors were originally conceived as part of a space based laser propulsion system. They work well in a weightless environment. The engineer who came up with the concept designed the weightless fuel management methods for the Apollo boosters.

I think this facility is meant to be used as a research tool. But as a tool, is applicable for more than one kind of operation.

You're right Z, I did catch that plasma torch thingy. "Yeah, right", was my first reaction too.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by spookjr

It could have something to do with project Blue Beam, see following link: -

www.geocities.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
If it's one of THOSE top secret projects, your friend violated policy by mentioning it. And no, you're not going to find anything. Frankly, if you learn anything about it, you really should keep your mouth shut.

My family (father, brother, son, husband) all were involved in the top secret military projects. Everyone knew it, and we all knew not to talk about it and not to ask about it (now that it's long in the past, I can say that my dad was involved with the approval process for the Cheyanne helicopter.) We once traveled with him as his "cover" when he did a courier operation to Berlin.

You don't know who's reading the boards. There's an old saying "loose lips sink ships" and in this age of all informaiton accessible to everyone, the wrong remark can cause serious harm.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

and the government doesn't know what it is doing or who it is working with when it scrambles to get this technology, even if it kills them/us.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd We once traveled with him as his "cover" when he did a courier operation to Berlin.

Byrd the Spy.... puts you in a new light

You don't know who's reading the boards. There's an old saying "loose lips sink ships" and in this age of all information accessible to everyone, the wrong remark can cause serious harm.

Yes quite true...

So remind me again then WHY ATS exists?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join