It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you fear who you are capable of becoming if the SHTF?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

I will do whatever it takes to survive. If I need to help someone, I will help them while keeping an eye on them. If I need to kill someone, I will kill them ruthlessly, and will probably make an example of them to others. Real, and present dangers will be dealt with. Situations will be assessed. Risks will be weighed.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I will be exactly who and how I am today, yesterday and for all tomorrows.

Define the SHTF please.

Peace...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
SHTF= Chaos of some sort or another via apocalypse, natural disaster, zombies, economic collapse, alien attack etc...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shystargazer
I want to believe that I would help as many people as I can.
I want to believe that there will still be good in everybody.
I want to believe that I will still be treated fairly by other people.
I want to believe that no one would want to harm me.
I want to believe that I would never have to use the gun I bought for protection.

But what I fear most is what I may be capable of becoming if I had to to survive. Have you honestly thought what you would be capable of doing to survive?

you might never know what or who you will be come or what you are capable of ding when push comes to shove... each and every person is different. I can be as compassionate as the next person and just as capable of doign what is needed to survive on the other hand.... If a SHTF type thing were to go off...I have no problem (psychologically) of doing what is needed...and if that means flat out killing in any manner to protect myself and my people... then so be it.
There is really no thrill in killing, but a person better be ready to fight if needed because the criminal element will have no problem hunting you down and dispensing you.
I refuse to become a sheeple and because of what I have learned over the past 4 decades in the way of military and survival... may God have mercy on a criminal that wants to harm us....because I honestly would have no problem refusing mercy to that person.

If a criminal or a street punk in an emergency situation decides to prey upon the elderly and the innocent and that includes the handicapped... then they are lower than smell on cat crap and need to be removed in a permanent manner... and i still believe a 1 dollar bullet is cheaper.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The real problem is two-fold.

What you may become is directly affected by what others become.

In a sea of sharks, you best be another shark. You do the wounded salmon thing, and it's adios.

In a land of dogs, to be a mountain lion is likewise to invite the pack to eliminate their threat.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join