It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How great a leader is George W Bush ?

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Jedi - come on, please. It's some sorry sop you're trying to market while avoiding the facts related to our economic/social/world prosperity under Clinton. If you have a category of comparisson where Bush has improved our position, I'd love to see some documented proof of it.

Mad S - Come on, please. Your 'logic' has proved to be nothing but faulty and crippled by partisanship when comparing Clinton to the Bush. It's you who lacks any understanding of global economics to try and argue that Bush's policies of tarriffs, unfair trade and corporate subsidization do in fact hamper gobal economic partnerships/trade. They've sparked a trade war. He has essentially pissed off all our best customers. Why is the US trade deficit INCREASING under Bush after steady decline under Clinton? Why has foreign investment flocked out of US markets under Bush?
Yet....you'll blame Clinton for being unable to go into other sovereign nations and act like a bad cowboy movie sheriff.




posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Why is the US trade deficit INCREASING under Bush after steady decline under Clinton? Why has foreign investment flocked out of US markets under Bush?


Maybe it's because Bush has cracked down on the selling of classified technology to the Chinese.



posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist

Originally posted by Bout Time

Why is the US trade deficit INCREASING under Bush after steady decline under Clinton? Why has foreign investment flocked out of US markets under Bush?


Maybe it's because Bush has cracked down on the selling of classified technology to the Chinese.


This is really one of my favorites & should be a webmaster feature on ATS; it is conspiracy at it's best!

First, the Nuke boom boom tech was stolen from Los Alomos during Reagan's term. It then was tested during Bush's term....and yet the Right Wing loves to trot this canard out as being Clinton's mess!

But wait! It get's better!

The firm who had the Security Contract at the Labs was Marvin Bush's company ( who also had the security contract at the World Trade Center!).
Add to that, uncle Prescott Bush Jr. is THE American business conduit to China ( he was there borkering deals while they held our spy plane and crew captive), and you have a juicy conspiracy!
I highly recommend you all take to your favorite search engines and get the bones on the Bush Crime Family China connection....it's a doosey!



posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I will not do a long post.

- Bush want to remove tyrants.

- Bush don't care about the rest of the world ( anyway, the rest of the world is ALLWAYS anti-USA. They were less anti-USA when Clintonris was President, cuz Clintonris was allways saying " amen " or " yes, sir " to the rest of the world, especially when the rest of the world was crying for US dollars !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

- Bush cares only about the USA.

- Bush don't care about the UN.

So, YES, he's a good President.



posted on Jan, 30 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Hey remember, "Read my lips, no new taxes!"? We won't make new taxes, we'll just increase the same old ones! Or maybe he forgot to qualify that, "Read my lips, no new taxes...for the wealthy!" One of my favorite Bushisms.
To the point at hand, Jr. is jumping around thumping his chest, bashing Saddam(it is genetic) promising economic growth and prosperity is just around the corner. Scrapping the way medicare is being run, to a more privatized one with a prescription and catastrophic benefit being added. If that is not appealing then you stay with medicare and have no prescription benefit. Cha-ching! He talks about homeland security and still nothing is being done. He talks about the environment and a need to develop hydrogen powered vehicles, and get away from foreign dependence on fossil fuels(first sensible thing he ever said) but that will prove to be lip service. Drug addicts needing help, providing jobs to those seeking them, education getting kids to read and write. Seems like we throw enough government tax money at these problems, they will go away. Why not get the teachers to teach and do their job? But Jr. has an answer for everything. Where is the evidence against Saddam? Located deep within Iraq no doubt. Is it just me or does this all seem like campaign retthoric? As you know, the White House is in campaign mode as one correspondant put it. Anything Jr. says is motivated to get him re-elected. Nothing he says has much weight to it. He also needs to get it passed in Congress for it to take effect, which will take some doing. Of course Saddam is terrible, of course kids need education, of course seniors need decent medical coverage, of course, of course, of course. Not great, medicore at best. I still don't trust him, after the FLA shuffle.
Troy



posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
The President has almost zero control over hte economy, he can't control world economic trends. Let's face it globalisation is going to take jobs from ( relaively overpaid ) Americans as labour is cheaper elsewhere. To blame Bush for the economy shows a lack of world economic understanding.
As for Bush's war on terrorism, he has already been a thousand % more effective than Clinton would have been.
Don't anyone forget Al-Qaeda is Clintons legacy to the American people. Afterall he was the one who allowed Al-Qaeda to grow into the orginisation that it is.


Why is it that Cinton is to blame for all the contry's problems on this board?

After Nixon and Johnson(no, not LBJ, the one after Lincoln) screwed themselves over, what do you think happened? They were to blame for everything going wrong in the U.S. for absolutely no reason. Just like Clinton is. The poor bastard didn't see the future when the let OBL escape, so just get off his frickin back about that. Secondly, China was(and still is) a communist country, but Clinton was willing to allow them to get up-to-date with the rest of the world by giving them the damn comps, and he also ended up making them one of our few allies in the Far East(besides Japan and S. Korea). He also was not threatening war constantly(for those of you too ignorant to realize it, that is how Bush is tearing the economy apart) and he wanted to promote peae rather than nuke his father's old adversaries. Jedi, he isn't using democracy in N.Korea, really, becuase he's just sitting around doing nothing. S. Korea is the one being diplomatic. Does Bush really care about N.K. and Iran(how the hell did they get on the "axis of evil?" lol)? No, not in the least.

m.s., how would you know how Clinton would have handled the war on terrorism? Personally, he would not have been as super-agressive as Bush(which may, I admit, have been bad in the long run), but he would have eventually gotten it done.

Oh, and Bush has no sense of humor at all, and he doesn't understand normal people(Bush himself is abnormal). At least Clinton had a hobby (saxophone) and he paid attention to what the American people want. Bush has even looked at PA's malpractice insurance problem.

So, I stick by my idea: Bush sucks cattle prods?.

[Edited on 2/1/03 by High_Lord_Warrior]



posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior
Secondly, China was(and still is) a communist country, but Clinton was willing to allow them to get up-to-date with the rest of the world by giving them the damn comps, and he also ended up making them one of our few allies in the Far East(besides Japan and S. Korea).


What more can I say ? The fact that you believe China was an ally under Clinton's term dstroys your credibility.



posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by High_Lord_Warrior

Originally posted by mad scientist
The President has almost zero control over hte economy, he can't control world economic trends. Let's face it globalisation is going to take jobs from ( relaively overpaid ) Americans as labour is cheaper elsewhere. To blame Bush for the economy shows a lack of world economic understanding.
As for Bush's war on terrorism, he has already been a thousand % more effective than Clinton would have been.
Don't anyone forget Al-Qaeda is Clintons legacy to the American people. Afterall he was the one who allowed Al-Qaeda to grow into the orginisation that it is.


Why is it that Cinton is to blame for all the contry's problems on this board?

After Nixon and Johnson(no, not LBJ, the one after Lincoln) screwed themselves over, what do you think happened? They were to blame for everything going wrong in the U.S. for absolutely no reason. Just like Clinton is. The poor bastard didn't see the future when the let OBL escape, so just get off his frickin back about that. Secondly, China was(and still is) a communist country, but Clinton was willing to allow them to get up-to-date with the rest of the world by giving them the damn comps, and he also ended up making them one of our few allies in the Far East(besides Japan and S. Korea). He also was not threatening war constantly(for those of you too ignorant to realize it, that is how Bush is tearing the economy apart) and he wanted to promote peae rather than nuke his father's old adversaries. Jedi, he isn't using democracy in N.Korea, really, becuase he's just sitting around doing nothing. S. Korea is the one being diplomatic. Does Bush really care about N.K. and Iran(how the hell did they get on the "axis of evil?" lol)? No, not in the least.

m.s., how would you know how Clinton would have handled the war on terrorism? Personally, he would not have been as super-agressive as Bush(which may, I admit, have been bad in the long run), but he would have eventually gotten it done.

Oh, and Bush has no sense of humor at all, and he doesn't understand normal people(Bush himself is abnormal). At least Clinton had a hobby (saxophone) and he paid attention to what the American people want. Bush has even looked at PA's malpractice insurance problem.

So, I stick by my idea: Bush sucks cattle prods?.




[Edited on 2/1/03 by High_Lord_Warrior]




HL, Clinton sold the Chinese super computers! Now don't run complaing to any one when China is going to nuke us. Bush is actuall doing something. He has yet to lie on antional T.V. Remeber this? '' I did not have any sexual realtion with Monica Lewinsky'' So we should not decalre war on any terroist nation not even one?
You cannot see why N.Korea and Iran are in the Axisi of Evil?!? My God, you are blind. N.Korea is threating to nuke us, and Iran has housed terroists!
So we do not need to be agrresive with terroists? We need to use diplomacy with people who do not know what diplomacy is?!? Yeah, good idea let's have a diplomatic meeting with Saddam tomarrow.

Final line is not all nation know what diplomacy and peace is. Their dipolomacy is blowing up the U.S.A. and killing innocent children. Our diplomacy is stopping terroists and healing the world. The country would be worse with Clinton a.k.a. Mr. Liberal.


God Bless America!Viva El Presidente Bush!



posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
With Clinton we have a huge budget, with Bush we have a huge deficit. With Clinton no wars. With Bush one the second he gets in the house.(well, the month, he took a long as$ vacation, still does, what is longest run? 3 days without a month vacation?)

Also, Clinton did lie about that. Bush lies about his oil buddies. Bush lies about his screwing up of the economy. Clinton got head, Bush let his oil buddies get away with screwing the economy and the people. What is worse, head, killing the economy and being corrupt.

Also, what happened? Old Republicans were good. Lincoln, Kennedy, Henry Clay(I know, not pres, but ran once, should have won). Nowadays? Racial remarks get them booted, they can't read(Bush couldn't read Night before Christmas to little kids) were literate and could speak(sub, subli, sublimininiminimimamamnanainanimiamnaimal) The old Reps didn't do coke(why you think Bush so stupid? spent his time with student folk doing coke, blow that is, white gold, nose candy)

Clinton, he got head. Nothing wrong with getting head. Sure he was married, but hey, Hilary ain't the best. Also, he was more with the people than big business. He wasn't corrupt. He didn't go

"Let's see, my buddy at Oil Tech wants this land called, Yel, Yellow, read this to me" "Ok sir, Yellow Stone National Park" "Thanks. Let's see, people don't want them, but he does. Oooo, a 5 mil check, ok, he got it!"

Bush is a corrupt idiot. Clinton was just horny.



posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
James, you are a complete moron. If you think the Lewinsky scandal was Clintons biggest mistake then you are sadly misinformed.
As for war, it was Clinton who turned a blind eye to Al-Qaeda allowing 9/11 to happen. It seems that everyone is used to weak leadership that's why they can't stand Bush. They are used to Clinton's procrastination and are afraid of Bush's decisiveness.

[Edited on 2-2-2003 by mad scientist]



posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Well...all I can say is Bush yet again proves himself a caring president...very sincere, Gore would have sucked calming down and giving a speech to America about this stuff ( 9-11 and columbia )...

Sincerely,
no signature



posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   

[size=20]HAIL BUSHLER!!!



posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Bush is a great leader!



posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Knowing what we know now about George W. Bush, I wonder what the opinions are today?

Thread Revival Hour is here!




top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join