It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How great a leader is George W Bush ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   
First, TC, with three. they were caught spying on us. And Bull, TC right with the airplane. The international line is twelve miles, the airplane was at about 25, they were in the right, not the chinese. Numbe five, yes, the rich drink fine wine and such while peasants starve. But hey, it's America's fault, we stick our nose in the business of others so much people expect us to do something. With six, where was Palestan? When Egypt and Jordan owned those lands never heard of Palenstiniens(sp?)

NC, that is the greatest song I have ever heard. But don't forget, this Yale Grad can't even say sublim, sublimimini, subliminimainiamianiniamimnaimimnl.(subliminal) First part reminds me of GWB and his kids/nieces. They do blow, drink, so forth, never get in trouble. All of a sudden, they fall of the planet. Cover up you hear? They do all kinds of sh*t, illegal sh*t, then just go "poof" from the media. Ask me all in Betty Ford for doing to much blow, white gold, nose candy.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
he's had the highest approval rating of any president, ever.

Alien, and to further my point, the above sentiment has usurped common sense for most folks in my proud country.
**** Psst! He'll also be the president who's driven us to the AB--SO--LUTE fastest surplus to deep deficit flip in history!!!!
He would have had to been sodomizing Barbara Bush on the White House steps while free basing crack NOT to have had that high an approval rating during an attack on Afganisitan after the WTC. And even if he was caught doing those things the rating would still be in the upper 70's!

Imagine that against the 53% rating now ( a full 20 POINTS LOWER than Clinton the day he was impeached!)

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Bout Time - people, sadly enough, don't care about deficits when they vote. They should, don't get me wrong. Rove and the gang know this.

Just days ago is was 58%?

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Good point. But, I think the eventual opposition for the presidency will be smart enough to raise the anology of Bush's economic plan being the equivelent of paying off your Visa with your MasterCard and sometimes your American Express that's due all at once!

Yeah, that approval rating is sliding like crazy.
Bad move throwing his hat in the Affirmative Action Suit in U of M.
Worse move with that economic plan that no Economists will go on record as supporting.
Still more worse moves with the bungle that is North Korea when contrasted by Iraq, and the whole inspection team thing finding nothing yet he says were going anyway.
Karl Rove is really someone I'd like to see booted.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
With no opposition, I don't see anything hurting Bush, not that I think it's good - just being objective.
I am still waiting for Kerry to change his mop.

[Edited on 20-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Maybe you should stand for president Bout_time, seeing as you have all the answers. OHHH sorry, they weren't answers, they are just armchair critisisms.
Every president has made mistakes, even the greatest.

posted on Jan, 20 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Bush has done a lot to end terrorism, but the damn liberal media only whines about "oh Iraq, why should we attack them? boo hoo"...they no longer mention the fact that the IRA is completely liquidated, peace has come to Northern Ireland. Palestinian Liberation Army, whatever, they have like no power any more, Arrafat is completely losing control, as the terrorist attacks in Israel are more and more becoming the action of independant organizations, that have nothing to do with as much a free palestine, as they do a Destroy Israel, this is a good move on our side, as finally the world will decide to do something about ALL the palestinians, and hopefully give them either the West bank, or deport them to their native homeland of Jordan.

Afghanistan is no longer enslaved by the Taliban, Iraq hasn't been slaughtering dissidents in its country, as the whole world watches what they do, N. Korea, they more and more realize, that no one supports them not even china, and they'll probably collapse.

All this, just over a year ago, were serious conflicted areas and such.

Bush has done the right things, not the wrong things.

And while he's a poor leader, because he's a bumbling fool, that doesn't mean what he's seen done, are wrong.

History will record him more favorably than we will give him credit for.

I doubt many Nazis thought that Hitler would go down in history as what he's known for, we are not good judges of a persons actions, but history is.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
Maybe you should stand for president Bout_time, seeing as you have all the answers. OHHH sorry, they weren't answers, they are just armchair critisisms.
Every president has made mistakes, even the greatest.

Read my posts, I've provided information on the various subjects from people whom I believe to have a better approach to whatever the subject matter being discussed is. There has been allot of criticism, none of which has been unwarranted, but also alternate solutions.
There is no rational link between the words 'Bush' and 'great'. Wake up and seperate the asthetics from the reality...he 'does it' for you, great. A politician is part performer and politics is a morality play often worthy of Shakespere. But don't blindly assert that your actor is THE answer when every measurable category that his presidency can be measured by is a failure AND has worsened what he inherited; prosperity/safety to poverty/danger.
Sadly, if Americans actually looked at the job he did in Texas, the only way he would have seen the Oval Office again would have been on the White House tour.

Me for President?

Pros:
- Actual small business owner who built a national practice with zero government aid
- Work for as well as contribute to REAL charities, not Palm Beach ministries
- Blue Collar roots, worked every type of jobe during school years,got the first one at age 12
- Real World economic sense - never inherited a company or CEO position through the family name

Cons:
- Smoked weed in College, enjoyed it
- Smacked the snot out of rowdies while working as a nightclub bouncer....will come back to haunt the candidacy
- Promiscuous to the Nth degree during that time
- Has called company VP's 'arseholes' and a CIO 'an evil prick' in front of their staff - they'll come forward and swear I'm a loose cannon

I don't know.....should I run?

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
and if they uncover your posts here what do you think they would think of you

Yes, run. I'd vote for you!!!

[Edited on 21-1-2003 by Bob88]

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's the "CIO is an evil prick" thing, huh?

Well he was! Too many people in senior management think nothing of disrupting peoples lives.

posted on Jan, 21 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
BT, you missed your chance. UP was newly elected with no opponets. Next time maybe you should run, not that I would vote for you, but still, have some competition.

Anyways, Bush is a dumb @$$, a jack @$$, an all round @$$. He stole the election from Gore. His brother kept people from voting, "lost" votes that all went for Gore yet maybe a dozen for Bush, and Bush is an @$$, not a small @$$, but a big @$$ He should be impeached for stupidity just like linton should have been. Then he should be tortured, or sent to kindergarden, you know, a class on his level. Let's see, torture, school, I think they might mean the same for that jack @$$.

Remember, sub, subli, sublimininamamamiminiminananimaminmanaimaimianninimiamnamimamanal.

posted on Jan, 23 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The current economy never has much to do with the current president. Right now we have clintons economy. And somehow its Bush's fault becuase he hasn't gotten us out of the jam yet?
Tarriffs are good, globalisation is bad. For the US at least. We need jobs back here.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by LuSiD
The current economy never has much to do with the current president. Right now we have clintons economy. And somehow its Bush's fault becuase he hasn't gotten us out of the jam yet?
Tarriffs are good, globalisation is bad. For the US at least. We need jobs back here.

That argument holds some water in the 1st year of the 1st term ( not that Bush will get a second!). But where are we now?
What passes for Bush 'policies' are 100% ideology driven; it has done nothing to assess the situation and apply counter measures - that's why you have no Economists/PhD's supporting his economic moves AND a host of Generals opposing his war moves.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Bush is a disaster as a president; a loose cannon with no idea and no plan -- as his own staff members make clear.

He's managed to take a budget surplus and quickly turn it into a huge deficit.

He's managed to offend many countries that had been friendly or neutral towards us.

Crackdown on terrorists? Remind me again who they fingered the anthrax on? Anybody? And how long it took for them to take out Osama and the entire Al Qaida network? Anybody? And what his response was when Al Qaida bombed the nightclub in Bali?

Stylistically -- well, the man isn't ever in Washington these days. Have you noticed that whenever he decides to make an announcement, he goes somewhere (on our expense) to make a grand speech about it?

Environmentally -- The man flunks.

Civil rights -- Big Brother Ashcroft wants to watch you.

Tactically -- he wants to attack whenever he THINKS there's a threat. If he follows his previous pattern, he'll attack Iraq, leave us tied up there, and rather than finish the job he'll start growling at another country. Ohboy. We get the United States of the World. Join us or Die!

He's one of the worst presidents we've had.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'll take the Bill hicks stance on this.

Bush. Piece of #, walk away.

i.e.

he's a complete spod.
hope the next pretzel finishes the job.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
LOL, Netty, your amazing LOL

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
BUSH SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate to be an antagonizer, but c'mon. He sucks! He can't keep the economy on one piece because he's constantly threatening Iraq with war! He's also spending millions placing troops in places where the don't belong(i.e. Israel/Palestine) and just leaves them there with no orders. He then is rambling his brain matter out at the U.N. inspectors who are just doing their jobs, and nothing else. He doesn't give s $h*? about what goes on in N.Korea, but is constantly attack Saddam verbally. He doesn't know when to stop.

And that's why Bush suckks cattle prods.

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Cattle prods? LOL. Listen if Clinton was runiing the countr now like he did then what would this lanbd be like? Well, we are in a better palce than we are. Iraq is a threat. He must be stopped. N. Korea we are trying to use diplomacy. The encomoy would be horrible with Bush or not, no you Democrats should'nt say " If Gore was president 9/11 would'nt have happened.'' or, '' The encomy is bad cause of Bush" It ain't Bush! It's the fact the terroists have wreked the once good encomy.]
And under Clinton what would have made the encomoy horrible?

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Cattle prods? LOL. Listen if Clinton was runiing the countr now like he did then what would this lanbd be like? Well, we are in a better palce than we are. Iraq is a threat. He must be stopped. N. Korea we are trying to use diplomacy. The encomoy would be horrible with Bush or not, no you Democrats should'nt say " If Gore was president 9/11 would'nt have happened.'' or, '' The encomy is bad cause of Bush" It ain't Bush! It's the fact the terroists have wreked the once good encomy.]
And under Clinton what would have made the encomoy horrible?

posted on Jan, 29 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The President has almost zero control over hte economy, he can't control world economic trends. Let's face it globalisation is going to take jobs from ( relaively overpaid ) Americans as labour is cheaper elsewhere. To blame Bush for the economy shows a lack of world economic understanding.
As for Bush's war on terrorism, he has already been a thousand % more effective than Clinton would have been.
Don't anyone forget Al-Qaeda is Clintons legacy to the American people. Afterall he was the one who allowed Al-Qaeda to grow into the orginisation that it is.

<< 1    3 >>

join