It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd Police Information Given To Me

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There are some interesting posts all over the boards right now. I was just reading the one about how a mass amount of military personnel are being called back into duty right now, and I thought that might correlate with something that I heard from a policeman that I have known for my entire life.

I live in the Cleveland, OH area, just so you know, and this is the only region I know of this happening so don't quote me when it comes to your hometown.

This cop friend and I, who I will not name, were speaking about two weeks ago with each other (I don't know why it took me so long to post this) while we were both on lunch break. We are always talking about things pertaining to 'alternative' news, like this site, and when he sat down this day he told me something quite frightening. He was, himself, afraid of what it might mean.

He received some kind of form for him and his family that would grant them first rights treatment, because he is a first responder, in the event of an "anthrax or other biological attack".

He said he has never received anything like this in his twenty years on the force, even when the anthrax attacks were happening.

I corroborated this with another cop I know from the same city. I know many cops from this city, but these are the only two I talk to that frequently.

Just thought you all should know. I don't know what it means, no other information was given to them.

As for other cities, I am not sure. Maybe someone here could corroborate?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Also, I will stress that both of these cops immediately come to me when they hear anything nearing 'alternative' ideas and they are hard working, honest people. They would not make this up.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hmmm well all that is disturbing. I'll have to ask a few people I know in law enforcement locally and see if that turns up anything.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyFoxSolid

They are conducting military exercises close to where I live as well. Started a few days ago, troops from a few different bases, supposed to last about a week. I live in Canada - the papers said this is ice-storm preparation. I've been hearing a lot of this. Weird and spooky.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I feel something coming, what surprises me is that there is a possible anticipation whatever they may do, they feel comfortable they have a vaccine for it.

Ironic that about 5 hours ago i searched online for costs of gas masks.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't know if it is just the conspiracy theorist in me or what, but a lot seems to be flowing together too well.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ahhh, fresh doom. And imminent for the most part. These are the things that will make a great Christmas...for ATS.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

My question is...does anyone know if the general public can get the anthrax vaccine. I saw on another post they are warning the postal service also. Can i just go to the doctor and get a shot or a pill?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
what if they throw it in the air during a snow or rain storm, would it still be active and dangerous when the ground was dry or clear of snow later on?

outbreak (movie) type scenario or something

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't put to much worry into this specific move. FEMA as well as other organizations are supposed to have people that are thinking up emergency scenarios such as this and preparing for them.

If anything, I see this as something positive. Some people in government do actually work

Obsidience

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
In my opinion, this could be routine or it could be taken as "odd". I've entertained both possibilities about the recent goings-on. I'm personally very concerned there may be an anthrax attack within the next year. I have many reasons to worry about this. Your report of preparations for police families only makes me more convinced that this is a big possibility soon. Summary of my reasons:

1 - Certain TV shows dealing with health are discussing more and more the possibility of a bioterror event, possibly anthrax, and how to prepare. Watch for such shows in your area on public TV, in any of various languages.

2 - The government declared an anthrax emergency on October 1. I see there is already a thread on this on ATS.
anthrax emergency here

3 - Pilot tests of anthrax kits are happening in the Twin Cities. Postal workers will carry doxycycline in emergency kits in the event of an anthrax attack.
anthrax pilot test

4 - We had the spate of fake anthrax letters already this year.
anthrax letters

5 - The UK just supposedly had terrorists attempting to infiltrate bio labs there.
UK biolab infilitration attempts

6 - That biolab in Galveston, Texas, with reported insufficient security also makes me wonder.
Galveston lab security concerns

7 - There is some new technology for detecing anthrax, which has been ordered by the Federal Aviation Administration.
anthrax detection technology orders

8 - Remember the warning from Mike MicConnell, Director of National Intelligence, regarding a biological attack next year that would be worse than 9/11.

9 - Add to that all the preparations for martial law, of course.

These are the most obvious and recent I can think of that an anthrax attack is expected somewhat soon.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by wintermarches]

[edit on 18-11-2008 by wintermarches]

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by obsidience
I wouldn't put to much worry into this specific move. FEMA as well as other organizations are supposed to have people that are thinking up emergency scenarios such as this and preparing for them.

If anything, I see this as something positive. Some people in government do actually work

Obsidience

Yes...because they did such a top notch bang up job during 9/11....and hurricane Katrina.

I have about as much faith in FEMA saving me as I do of Santa Clause flying down from the sky in his jolly sled and handing out antidotes and warm meals to potential victims.

Face it chief...when worst comes to worst you are on your own.

And if anything...when the SHTF your friendly local FEMA officlas and military soldiers/police will likely be the ones that you are trying to avoid.

If you are planning to rely on the federal government or any other governmental agency to save you in a time of crisis then I am afraid you will be sorely disappointed.

[edit on 11/18/08 by BlackOps719]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Sorry I want to believe in the gloom and doom I really do as this sounds interesting, it might be a real event coming, and anything is possible.

But I think this in late in coming from the HOAX white powder that was showing up a few weeks to a month ago. Also remember what took place with the white powder on the bed spread of the hotel this year. I say late coming because the government even locally takes forever to get paper work through unless it is a bill of taxes or a fine.

Really I hate to be a downer and all but I truly suspect this is late coming from events that have already taken place and those they feel might happen.

Raist

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
My question is...does anyone know if the general public can get the anthrax vaccine. I saw on another post they are warning the postal service also. Can i just go to the doctor and get a shot or a pill?

I know that as of a determination made on October 23 by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, first responders can get the anthrax vaccine. It doesn't seem to me that there are enough for everyone to get it.
anthrax vaccine for first responders

Here is a list of the drugs with government contracts for anthrax:
anthrax drugs

Beware of Cipro. It is a fluoroquinolone and can cause central nervous system problems. You'll have to research it for details. Some doctor told me today that it's a very small percent that get that problem, so I don't know. In that drug list there are quite a few drugs beside Cipro.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
This is how things get blown out of proportion. You said you heard that military were being recalled. That isn't correct. There is an unsubtantiated rumor that recall letters are going out. But no one has received one, and no one on active duty has heard a thing either. So no, probably not related, since the first event is just a huge rumor at this point, and probably will remain so.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I think it's pretty common practice (and knowledge) that first responders (cops, ER Dr.s, paramedics, etc.) normally get first preference in emergency situations such as these. If they weren't protected, then they wouldn't be able to help anyone else. Seems to make sense. I have never heard of it pertaining to their families though.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Anthrax isn't such a worry in say, a large scale attack. The strains that were used in the post office attacks (IIRC) will die off as a result of prolonged exposure to direct sunlight (like what would occur in an attempted "dusting" or outdoor bomb). A mega-bomb of it, say, in a subway or something with (obviously) no direct sunlight is a worry though.....

Other strains though may have overcome the sunlight thing...

This s...... stuff is scary to think about. Thanks OP for bringing it to our attention.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Well-

Given that another post referenced military officials receiving orders to return to active duty within the next week

Given that a friend of a friend of mine saw the Chinese Army training in Canadian woods

Given that Cleveland OH is a potential target site for the next "attack"

Given that our economy is doomed and unrest is likely

Id say that this is probably the beginning of the end.

link   
i work at a place where most of the employee's are former marines who just got out 5 years or less. none of them got any orders to mobilize. I got out 3 years ago and havent been mobilized. This is a hoax

link   
I had become more worried about smallpox, considering that bit of it that got loose over water and spread through air from the Russian experiments recently. Smallpox, therefore, seems to be a more realistic possibility for killing a lot of people (much bigger than 9/11, as the predictions have been recently) based on the greater ease of catching and spreading.

However, there seems to be a lot of evidence pointing towards the anthrax-specific scenario, so I'm torn as to which one is more likely at this point.

Then there is always the bird flu, and any other number of deadly diseases...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join