It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark. seizes 21 more kids from evangelist's group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Ark. seizes 21 more kids from evangelist's group

http news.yahoo.com

Authorities took three children into custody Tuesday at the courthouse in Texarkana, 130 miles southwest of Little Rock. Police seized the other 18 children from two vans during a traffic stop, said Julie Munsell, a spokeswoman for the state Department of Human Services.....

On Monday, a 14-year-old girl taken by the state during the September raid testified that Alamo molested her, counted a number of young girls as his wives, and coached her and others to say they weren't touched improperly or beaten.

She said Alamo crept up behind her while she was showering, held his hand over her mouth and sexually molested her. She said Alamo warned her to keep quiet, saying if she didn't, she'd be beaten by a man who witnesses have described as Alamo's enforcer.

Alamo, 74, is charged with two counts of transporting a juvenile across state lines for sex, once in 2004 and again the following year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
On the heals of the FLDS raid I entertain the possibility that the media could be overreacting this, so my following comments are made assuming that the charges are not trumped up.

This case disgusts me. It's bad enough to destroy a young girl's innocence and purity, but doubly worse to hide it behind the religion of Christianity and twist the Bible to excuse that action.

Now, someone's going to come out and say "He wasn't a real Christian because he wasn't really following the Bible." I don't care. I'm tired of hearing that. He should still be judged according to what he did and you "Real Christians" (I've yet to meet one in everyday life!) should be double angry because people like this make you all look bad.

EDIT: For some reason this story seems to have been taken down from Yahoo! News, but here
is a whole other list of sources that Google pulled up.

http news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-11-2008 by asmeone2]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Your link doesn't work. I would like to read more.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

The link that you posted needs fixed because it is not working.

However, I must agree with you on this. No Christian in their right mind would defend such actions.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
One Word...Castration

Hate to sound so harsh, but if this is true, then that punishment fits.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I am a Christian. I agree. Castrate the guy.

Cruel and inhuman? Nah! Look at what he has done!

I am appalled that maniacs and creeps, pedophiles, white supremacists, abortion clinic bombers and self-styled messiahs hide behind the name of Jesus Christ to perform their atrocities.

I know (and it is pretty obvious) that this guy is not practicing any orthodox form of Christianity. However, the mere fact that he is in any way associated with Christianity is enough to make my skin crawl.

This type of crime has a more notoriously high rate of recidivism than any other; such people cannot be rehabilitated. And besides, he deserves it. Any convicted pedophile, religious nut or not, having molested a child, ought to be castrated.

I personally believe that he will face an even worse destiny when he faces God and is called to account for how he misused the name of Christ. But I also believe it is the ordained right of the state to punish and deter crime.

In this case, let the punishment fit the crime. What could be more appropriate?

[edit on 18-11-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeeJay
One Word...Castration

Hate to sound so harsh, but if this is true, then that punishment fits.

Castration was tried and failed because the sick perpetrators used "OBJECTS" which caused horrific injuries.

I do pray that there is a GOD who will meet out the appropriate punishment but until then they need jail time and a damn fine cat of nine tails.

People that hurt children especially sexually make me very angry.

peace to the rest of ATS'rs

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROO-meh
Castration was tried and failed because the sick perpetrators used "OBJECTS" which caused horrific injuries.

Maybe castration combined with lifetime imprisonment?

There really is no cure for evil. If a person is genuinely evil, they will find a way to be evil no matter what you do to stop them. Maybe the death penalty would be better. But only if it is carried out swiftly.

These days the death penalty is like a walk in the park.

[edit on 18-11-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Your link is corrupt.

Beyond that, I think this man deserves the worst of everything he gets. He should get a life sentence in a prison with lots of daddy's that have been locked up for a while. Then, tell them all why he is there.
His next shower won't be a sneak up and molest, it will be bulldogged to the ground and force-r***d. He will be high-pitched and in a dress in a week. Just what he, and every sadistic pedophile in this world, needs.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
To everyone:

I can't find the origional article any more--it seems to have been taken down.

I have linked to a Google search linking to many other news outlests covering the same story though.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here you go.
TheOlympian
Disgusting if it's true!
Does this sound a little like Waco?

The children, all younger than 18 and part of the Tony Alamo Christian Ministries, were taken while custody hearings were being held for six girls seized during a September raid of Alamo's compound in Fouke, in southwest Arkansas. The court must decide whether the girls should be returned to their parents or remain in state care

Here's his website

Here's a video of a churchgoer in his defence;

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Clearskies]

top topics

join