It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Vice President Dick Cheney Indicted

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
This is GREAT news.

I am glad this man has finally been brought to justice.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CPYKOmega

There are several people at my work who were quite happy to read this...but, they did question if this only is resolved with a quick pardon by President Bush.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Isn't the incumbent president Obama, himself able to when he takes the oath to Re indite and overthrow as such the bush pardon?

The pardon could not be Carte Blanche?

If a new indictment on a separate charge was made against Cheney, surely the Bush Pardon would be worthless on the new indictable issue?

As a non American and not very well versed in the legal constitution of these affairs does anyone know.

As someone who went after both clinton and bush I can tell you that there are many law suits that are not public that cannot be disclosed for if that information comes public then the case is no longer sealed. I have posted two different law suits against the bush administration not including ones that will not be mentioned.

Mr. Bush and Mr. Clinton both can be brought up on any number of charges not withstanding treason and trading with the enemy during a time of war or declared war. Irregardless of the facts of this case which I will state clearly I know nothing about it but I do know the Department of Justice and the FBI have several filed lawsuits even if they wanted to dismiss they would have such a backlash I would estimate that the FBI would suffer a internal collapse if it did fail to carry out its job in this matter.

President Bush Jr. or Sr. either one is accessory after the fact meaning for instance in a now public document Operation watchtower, Mr. George W. Bush Sr. could be arrested for directly covering up evidence of known narcodic's dealings inside the united states. As to who will file those charge's it doesnt matter if there is evidence before or after the fact.

Its the job of the U.S. Marshal Service to place any washington personal under arrest and detain them in the event they have been found guilty of a crime or have to make a court appearance. It should also be noted that in the even the marshal service cannot or is not able to show up and make the arrest it can also fall into the hands of a citizens arrest.

Such as the very lawfull and legal attempt to arrest rove not more then a month ago that is and was well within the right's of that person in the state of california. In washington d.c. the first person responsible for arrest of any public official is the sargent of arms. Secondly the head of the washington d.c. police.

If either one of these people are not able to make the arrest or carry out the warrent it fall's on the hands of the u.s. marshal service and then if needed the citizens in the state or county. More over under past circumstances in the event the country is unable to make a arrest of a politician or leader a world arrest warrent is issued by the international criminal court.

Neither warrent outside or inside superseeds the other either the world authority can make the arrest or the nation's police body can make the arrest. In extreme circumstances the military of that nation is given authority to take over the leadership as was done with past dictator's such as malsovich or others.

By the way just for the record to state it clearly. ehmm. Any warrent even issued by FISA is a 24 hour bench warrent for a wire tap. A standard FBI warrent can be issued in the same alotted time frame. Most of the justice department's around the u.s. take 72 hours at most before the "clerk of the court" is handed a bench warrent and the warrent is issued either for a appearence or arrest.

The maxim I know of any warrent taking even with a backlog in major firms defending cases is 30 to 90 day's to respond with legal filings but no matter who you are you cannot ignore these 2 things. 1. A federal suppena to appear in federal court. 2. A Bench warrent for your arrest. Either one ignored carries a fine of 50,000 to 100,000 dollars in most cases.

If it is indeed the case that Mr. Cheney and others have been indited they would have had a bench warrent issued for one of two things. A notice to appear in federal or the court or a warrent is issued for there arrest.

By the way just for the record. Any federal employee that fail's to carry out the will of the court in federal court case's can be subject to the same fines and penelties as the accused. And it should also be noted that in the case of jury trials its not always needed to get a bench warrent.

Thats all for now

Falcon

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hre's an interesting twist on this story:

www.mysanantonio.com...

The DA that secured the indictment has "disappeared" or failed to show up to hear arguments pertaining to the indictment. I'm sure it's nothing though right?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Well, I guess he's now qualified to be a Louisiana House member.

Like William Jefferson

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I posted this yesterday . . . but I guess no one liked it then . . .

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

I think people liked your post...I had begun this thread the night before your initial post.

I did read your post, but didn't respond since this thread was open already.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Yeah, it's not personal around here, just fast-paced. Well, sometimes it's personal...but not in this case!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I know it was not personal . . . just amazed at how quickly my thread was pushed down . . . lol

Oh . . . and this DA, last year, was boycotting charges brought against him by camping out in front of the courthouse with a bevy of farm animals . . . most notably a goat that would nip at people walking by.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yah! I do hope that this plays out and it becomes public knowledge. But, I doubt it as those challenging people like Cheney usually end up missing.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
More breaking news on this story.

Prosecutor who charged Cheney yells at judge
www.msnbc.msn.com...

RAYMONDVILLE, Texas - A county prosecutor who brought indictments this week against Vice President Dick Cheney and others pounded his fist and shouted at the judge Friday during a routine hearing. Willacy County District Attorney Juan Angel Guerra asked Presiding Judge Manuel Banales to recuse himself from the case, which alleges abuse at federally run prisons.

1. Guerra has not disappeared
2. Yelling and fist pounding are not the best ways to get what you want

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

LOL...thank you for updating this thread! Excellent find.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Indictments against Cheney, Gonzales dismissed

news.yahoo.com...

"I suggest on behalf of the law that you not present any cases to the grand jury involving these defendants," Administrative Judge Manuel Banales said in court while ruling that eight indictments against Cheney, Gonzales and others were invalid.

What planet am I on?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Indictments against Cheney, Gonzales dismissed

news.yahoo.com...

"I suggest on behalf of the law that you not present any cases to the grand jury involving these defendants," Administrative Judge Manuel Banales said in court while ruling that eight indictments against Cheney, Gonzales and others were invalid.

What planet am I on?

Apparently, THEIR planet. The justice suggests 'on behalf of the law'. There's a statement that should be ripped apart by any second year law-student.

Apparently he thinks he is 'outside' the law and should be allowed to sway the will of the complainant to refrain from seeking redress. Gee. When did America die in this guys eyes?

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

OH, NO, I AM not on their planet I am just an observer.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I love it when frivolous lawsuits get shut down.

Seems like the lawsuit got more attention than the dismissal.

Go figure?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join