It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

on the increase of personal awakenings

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I really do not have a plausible reason for the ever increasing number of people that are becoming aware that there is so much more to our world and slice of reality than is normally acknowledged;

my personal jump in awareness, the dawning realization that things were not as they seemed and perhaps there was a lot more than what the MSM and the PTB were shoveling, started after recovering from a Pulmonary embolism in 2000;

ever since then I have noticed an underlying edge to most people I encounter, the feeling that they view reality thru a glass darkly.
yet I meet more and more individuals that are not content with the staus quo, seeing for themselves that things just don't add up.

I have always had a fascination with ufo's and outer space since the days of my childhood watching Star Trek, and have read any and all materials available for the last 4 decades.

I hope that all will share their own personal moments of 'awakening' with the rest of us, and the changes in their everyday experience since then for comparison, for the urge to move away from populated areas and the electric techno-polluted cities and urban areas steadily grows for me.

An old cabin with a creek, candles, and an outhouse sounds good these days.

seeker

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have reached a personal awakening.
It started a couple of months ago after an extreme head injury.
I died for the third time and remembered why I am here.
Everyone needs to stop the hate, and lead more happy lives.
Believe in what you may believe in but know, to have hope
of something greater is beneficial all in itself.
Accepting that there are higher beings of which I am not
in a position to speak of.
You must acknowledge their existence for, they are the ones
responsible for all of these strings getting pulled in this
#ed up puppet show.
Everything is happening for a reason.
Time has always been, meaning, we aren't living in actual present times.
Everyone will experience different roles and partake in different events
that has already been played out before.
Question everything. You'll learn more of life's secrets this way.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadoemakesbeats
I have reached a personal awakening.
It started a couple of months ago after an extreme head injury.
I died for the third time and remembered why I am here.
Everyone needs to stop the hate, and lead more happy lives.

As with you, I know that I am here for a purpose and a reason, that life's plan was laid out long ago; the pity is most people cannot concieve of what it is like, for there are no words to describe it.

Accepting that there are higher beings of which I am not
in a position to speak of.
You must acknowledge their existence for, they are the ones
responsible for all of these strings getting pulled in this
#ed up puppet show.
Everything is happening for a reason.

Seeing and accepting that there is a higher power at work in my life was the door that let me accept that there is a reason for each event, and it is up to us to chose, and choose wisely.

Time has always been, meaning, we aren't living in actual present times.
Everyone will experience different roles and partake in different events
that has already been played out before.
Question everything. You'll learn more of life's secrets this way.

if only we as a people could learn to live as one people, kind, caring, and compassionate, the journey would be a lot more fun; but never take anything for granted.

Thank you for sharing with us.

seeker

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Hello Friend..

My life has been full of all sorts of things that kept me aware...so I thought. As a parent I would always reach for the spiritual especially when things got a bit hair raising and I had always believed I walked around with out blinders...maybe I did, I'm not sure as of September of last year. My experiences since then have been enlightening as if parts of my brain unused before are suddenly given a jump start.

Maybe it was a simple sighting that added dimension to what was once for me a flat world. But since then good and evil has fallen away to be replaced by a push and pull of energies that are forcing us onto that evolutionary latter once again.

For the past few months the intuitive and psychic have been awakened in me and I can suddenly see through all the smoke and mirrors...knowing I have to prepare for something earth changing.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
hi witness, thanks for stopping by

I believe that we all have that feeling upon us that it is time to get ready, to prepare, that something is definitely headed our way.
Will it be a shift to a higher dimension? or just a change in our way of perceiving reality?

or maybe just new problems with the toilets backing up?

seeker

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I've had some type of awakenings for most of my life and than went back to sleep. It wasn't until around 9/11 that many of these past lost time memories started to return.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What evidence have you come across that shows there is an increase in personal awakenings? I'm not so sure I agree with your theory.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Just speaking from personal experience, I can say that I've had an awakening. The illusion you mention is really just what happens when we associate completely with our thoughts. Stopping that, will wake you up fast.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
What evidence have you come across that shows there is an increase in personal awakenings? I'm not so sure I agree with your theory.

Scientist,

most of it is based on personal confessions and statements from various people I know, and from many different posts here in different threads; that is one reason I worded the op as i did, to see how many would respond, how many are out there that will share their point of view with us, for there does appear to be an under current now amongst a lot of citizens that something is afoot, and are no longer content with idling along, going with the flow,per se.

Perhaps it is just being caused by the hard times and economic struggles many are facing, or the stacked piles of MSM "media spin" we are bombarded with daily.

For me, here in the gray area, it simply means that I can tell of my personal view of et al, and the realization, for me, that there is indeed far more happening around us than most ever notice, and there are those among us that have seen thru at least part of the veil woven by the PTB.

thank you for your post. DO you have any to share with us?

seeker

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall

Just speaking from personal experience, I can say that I've had an awakening. The illusion you mention is really just what happens when we associate completely with our thoughts. Stopping that, will wake you up fast.
SIlence is all, I believe that is part of it, for most people's thoughts are centered around and controlled by the daily influence of our society; when we do start looking outside the box, insight and awareness grows.

thanks for your post.

seeker

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
I've had some type of awakenings for most of my life and than went back to sleep. It wasn't until around 9/11 that many of these past lost time memories started to return.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by aleon1018]

Definitely sounds like all the traumatic events from 9/11 triggered a release for you; I hope it is something that will benefit you on your journey.

thanks for sharing this with us.

seeker

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
contemplate the internet.
Its a physical manifestation of our inner net so to speak. Think about it, we are all about to wake up and realize our psychic nature, I mean, look at the product industry, we have the internet, cellular and satellite, wireless communications up the wazoo, what would you imagine comes next in that line of thought? telepathy maybe? Omnignosis? Things are getting faster and faster all the time. More and more people are connecting with each other, literally, and spiritually. What we are doing physically, is an allegory to what we are doing spiritually, and soon, everything will be connected with everything else instantly.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I agree with you seeker that once we lift ourselves from the mundane routine of how the world works and we can see that wars and money and the nine to five grind is what really imprisons us we add greater dimension to our existence.

I live without credit cards, cell phones and self help books and I feel so much more spiritual than ever before. I one day looked at how I was slaving away for the man...the income tax, the interest on bank cards, the competition to get ahead was leaving me spiritually behind. I would live without a computer but newspapers and MSM are nothing but a sedative to lull us into believing all will be o.k.

The only drive I have right now is to learn and prepare for a better future for myself and hopefully the planet. Setting aside those hard earned dollars for me and a home where I can be self sufficient.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

that's cool, I just happen to disagree that more and more people are waking up. If anything, I would attribute that to the increase in population. I would speculate that relatively, the actual percentage of people who are "waking up" is not so high. Then again, perhaps you are an optimist, and I'm a pessimist.

It seems to me that more and more people are submitting to isolation, and complete acceptance of media and superficial meanings. In fact, "waking up" to some people probably involves watching a Michael Moore documentary, and a few illuminati videos on youtube.

Just because some people reject Fox news, and instead accept the news they are fed on DailyKos / InfoWars / etc. has nothing to do with waking up, it's more like they are still sleeping, they just changed the mattress they sleep on.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

I have a tendency to agree that things are happening faster and our world is growing smaller as the digital age grows; but I have this urge to get away from all the hi tech accessories, and i have noticed that I can spend a few days out away from everything, no tv, no signal for the cell, and I not only feel better physically but mentally as well.

Perhaps we are approaching a shift in consciousness, getting ready to morph to the next step on the ladder; wouldn't that be a surprize.

thanks for sharing with us.

seeker

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
My personal awakening happened at 5 this morning.

Sorry... Had to. I fear that many might have an "awakening" by following false profits and were robbend of the genuine feeling of the awakening.

Being told something and then believeing it is not an awakening in my book. Or, perhaps my definition is differant than yours. But again, that is the beautiful thing about awakenings.. They are personal.

Great thread! Starred!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I think I truly woke up after 9/11 as well. Technology will be our downfall. I feel the urge to escape from it as well. I have noticed certain things happening in my life as well my telepathic abilities are coming into focus. I guess things spot on. Just little things like the other day me and my friend were at University just walking around talking. He put 1 hour into the parking meter and when we got back into the car he asked me how much time was left. I said 2 minutes and low and behold I was correct.

These are wonderful times. Meditation is the key to transcendence into the next reality. Patience also works wonders. Be well.

Cole

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

'Tis much the same with me, witness, for the goal is to move out in the boonies where I can grow my food and live away from the rat race.

Since I consider myself to be a spiritual being having a human experience, the growth of my spirituality and the pursuit of understanding it has shown, to me, that as long as I have a place to sleep that is warm and dry and food to sustain me, the material goods and trappings really do not mean that much any more, for I am tired of playing the game and am ready to sit back and watch the river flow.

Thanks for your thoughts

seeker

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Right On Seeker..All I need is a small piece of property under the stars instead of the street lights, a roof over my head with a green house and a wind turbine so I don't have to burn my candle inventory.

It is wonderful to make a living by creating something, now I would like to never enter a grocery store again.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, I think that to some extent you're correct. However, I don't see it in as great of numbers as I would like. I think most people are still blind to what is really going on. I suspect that will always be, barring some magnificent event, which I don't see ever occurring.

For me, I really began waking up when I was fifteen years old. I started reading and studying when I was thirteen. However, a true sense of what was happening, particularly with our government, didn't come about until 1993.

Honestly, I think I realized that something was askew with the Branch Davidian tragedy. I realized then and there that there was a power play going on, and I didn't like the way it smelt.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join