It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zogby Poll: Most Obama Supporters Uninformed About the Election Issues

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

But that was the whole point of the McCain Palin Campaign, to flood the mediasphere with so much propaganda that it would be difficult to see any truth.

I'm sorry but your argument just doesn't wash.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
sos, you're claiming this poll proves that Obama supporters don't know about the REAL issues or that they're "stupid" and it does not. All this stupid poll proves is that the 500 people (some Republicans) don't know a lot about the trivialities and gossip surrounding this election.

That's ALL this poll proves. Everything else you're claiming is just speculation.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
reply to post by sos37

But that was the whole point of the McCain Palin Campaign, to flood the mediasphere with so much propaganda that it would be difficult to see any truth.

Says who? Aside from the 2 weeks spent bashing Obama on the William Ayers thing (which the GOP admitted was a mistake) McCain spent the rest of the time discussing the issues. Obama didn't have to attack McCain directly because the liberal media was doing it for him, and now we know why! Some major media outlets were looking to profit from an Obama win with documentaries, movies, shows, etc.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Based on the questions, this "poll" had little to nothing to do with the "real" issues of this election.

Gossip? Yes.
Water cooler talk? Yes.
Comedy skits? Yes.

Issues? No.

So, I don't know whether the poll shows that Obama supporters were "stupid" or "smart"......

[edit on 11/19/2008 by skeptic1]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
So, I don't know whether the poll shows that Obama supporters were "stupid" or "smart"......

87% who can't distinguish Tina Fey on SNL from Sarah Palin on a news clip.

Question answered.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Based on the questions, this "poll" had little to nothing to do with the "real" issues of this election.

Gossip? Yes.
Water cooler talk? Yes.
Comedy skits? Yes.

Issues? No.

But that is entirely the point of this thread.

That if Obama voters couldn't even get this simple stuff right, you expect anyone to believe they understood the more difficult real issues of the campaign?

I say, "No way!".

And to BH, don't give us that "it was only 500 people" BS. It was a scientifically done poll, the exact same kind of poll Obama supporters lived and died by before the election. Oh, but now the methodology is wrong just because you don't like the results this time?

Level playing field. Deny hypocrisy.

[edit on 11/19/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

This is not Republicans bashing Democrats.

Pretty close though!

Zogby Engages in Apparent Push Polling for Right-Wing Website

The conservative website HowObamaGotElected.com reports that it has commissioned Zogby International to conduct a poll of 512 Barack Obama voters as part of what can best be described as a viral marketing effort to discredit the intelligence of Obama supporters.

The website, created by former radio talk show host John Ziegler to promote a forthcoming documentary,

And when asked in an interview who paid for the Zogby poll, ....

An Interview with John Ziegler on the Zogby "Push Poll"

NS: Did Zogby give you sign-off on the press release that he released on his website?
JZ: I'm not sure what you mean by sign-off. The press release I had input into, yes.

NS: Did you have financing for the project or was it paid for out of pocket?
JZ: It is not self-financed.

NS: Who paid for it?
JZ: You think I'm going to tell you that? When you've already shown yourself to be the enemy?

NS: Was it paid for by the RNC?
JZ: [Laughs]. In your world, the question that I would ask you is what question [in the survey] is there any ambiguity as to what the answer is?

Isn't he ALMOST admitting it was paid for by the RNC?

[edit on 11/19/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Am I expected to believe that these 512 people who completed the poll were hand selected because they were stupid. Just to make the Rep. party look good.

The poll was scientific and conducted with random Obama supporters. Facts are facts regardless of who may have funded the poll. I lost count of the endless polls prior to the election.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
87% who can't distinguish Tina Fey on SNL from Sarah Palin on a news clip.

Question answered.

That's how you tell whether or not someone is stupid? Whether they can tell the difference between 2 women who look very much alike? That's how you judge intelligence?

And to BH, don't give us that "it was only 500 people" BS.

I don't know where you read that. I didn't say anything like that.

Originally posted by jibeho
Facts are facts regardless of who may have funded the poll.

And the fact is, these people can't tell Tina Fey from Sarah Palin, so that proves they are stupid and don't know anything about the important political issues that affect this nation! Right?
Stupid Obama supporters!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
All this stupid poll proves is that the 500 people (some Republicans) don't know a lot about the trivialities and gossip surrounding this election.

That's ALL this poll proves. Everything else you're claiming is just speculation.

Why BH, it was simply this post of yours, higher up on the page.

Slightly paraphrased but part of your point was the (to you) small sample size. Or didn't you notice on election night how the networks were calling states for Obama when only 10,000 votes out of millions cast had been counted.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

sos, you're claiming this poll proves that Obama supporters don't know about the REAL issues or that they're "stupid" and it does not. All this stupid poll proves is that the 500 people (some Republicans) don't know a lot about the trivialities and gossip surrounding this election.

What, so now your argument is that a random sampling of 500 polled no longer represents a larger majority of the population (with a margin of error of course)? If that's the basis of your argument, then your arguing the validity of statistics.

So from this point, if you're going to conclude that statistics cannot represent a significant portion of the population are you prepared not to use them again in future posts?

I'll argue that if this poll was conducted properly then yes, it DOES indicate that a significant portion of Obama supporters did, in fact, cast a vote not knowing the real issues or are, in my opinion, too stupid to separate television fact from news clip reality. I've got numbers to back up my argument. What have you got?

[edit on 19-11-2008 by sos37]

[edit on 19-11-2008 by sos37]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Slightly paraphrased but part of your point was the (to you) small sample size.

No. That was not my point at all. You incorrectly paraphrased me, added intent to what I said and then put quote marks around it as if I actually said those words. I did not.

sos makes the same error. Paraphrasing and adding his own twisted meaning to what I said. See?

Originally posted by sos37
So from this point, if you're going to conclude that statistics cannot represent a significant portion of the population are you prepared not to use them again in future posts?

I guess that's what people do when their argument has flown completely out the window. Start incorrectly "paraphrasing" their opponent.

Sorry. That's not my style. If either of you want to debate the facts of this silly poll, I'm all for it. But if you want to play games, go back to school.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by -zeropoint-

Here Here... Smartest thing i have heard all day. Its amazing that people take Drudge/Zogby/Limbaugh as the free and balanced media just because they support the WASP agenda. Fortunately or Unfortunately, reality has a leftist slant... sorry guys, but you attack the wrong propaganda machines... Try looking into the media empire of a little someone whos name starts with a R and ends with an upert Murdoch....

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
This doesnt surprise me,hell i wouldn't be too surprised if some people voted because they liked his music video or the obama girl...American politics is completely ridiculous,its like entertainment,doesnt matter if they dont talk about things like hmm...policies? long term plans? the state of public services? the debt? No,throw a few catch phrases in their,give them a nice smile and the dumbed down american idol watching masses will love you.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Solomons]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Gossip? Yes.
Water cooler talk? Yes.
Comedy skits? Yes.

Issues? No.

But that is entirely the point of this thread.

That if Obama voters couldn't even get this simple stuff right, you expect anyone to believe they understood the more difficult real issues of the campaign?

I say, "No way!".

And to BH, don't give us that "it was only 500 people" BS. It was a scientifically done poll, the exact same kind of poll Obama supporters lived and died by before the election. Oh, but now the methodology is wrong just because you don't like the results this time?

Level playing field. Deny hypocrisy.

Really? How many people thought BHO is Muslim?

You really want to talk about the collective IQ's of the Obama Supporters vs the McCain Supporters?

I thought we were all Ivy League Elitists!?

This type of allegation is hilarious. Seriously... ROTFLMAO!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
To all the libs/dems here arguing about this poll and what it says about Obama's supporters. I have a basic question:

What's the problem here? Your guy got elected. The demo manifesto says the ends always justify the means, so what do you care if Obama got elected by a bunch of airheads, as long as he did get elected? Many of you have maintained for years that the only reason Bush got elected was all the rubes in the flyover states, so what's the problem for you if Obama gets elected due to all the rubes in the cities?

To hunkahunka's comment about being considered elitists, see that's kind of the point of this thread, too. Many of you Obama supporters think you are, but the poll proves quite the opposite.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

All this stupid poll proves is that the 500 people (some Republicans) don't know a lot about the trivialities and gossip surrounding this election.

Why BH, it was simply this post of yours, higher up on the page.

Slightly paraphrased but part of your point was the (to you) small sample size. Or didn't you notice on election night how the networks were calling states for Obama when only 10,000 votes out of millions cast had been counted.

Wow! Once again you show your gross ignorance to how elections are run and votes tallied and races called.

I can't speak for the others but the way that CNN calls a race is based on getting votes in from key areas. If the exit polls that they have match the votes in key areas, then that is all they need to predict the winner. It's a statistical method, which although not 100% perfect (as we saw in alaska, and in florida in 2000) is for the most part pretty accurate.

Let me get this straight though... you seem to act as if it is some great conspiracy that both Fox and MSNBC are in on? That would be like saying that I am colluding with you and that we are actually part of a conspiracy. Oh yeah SOS is in on it too, and so is BH and grover, matter of fact BH is the kingpin in the whole operation.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Wow! Once again you show your gross ignorance to how elections are run and votes tallied and races called.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

And Wow! Once again you show an inability to grasp the entire concept being made by a poster. A more simplified version for you of what I was saying:

The size of the sample means little if you have the right sample. BH inferred that it was only 500 people, so what could that prove. I used the voting example to show that small numbers can be used to prove a lot.

Let me know if you need more help with this.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hmmm, seems like Zogby knew nothing about this poll and wasn't very happy about the way it was conducted!

Verdict is in: Zogby poll supposedly demonstrating Obama voters' 'ignorance' was a joke

That poll created by wingnut John Ziegler purporting to demonstrate that Obama voters were misinformed by the mainstream media about Barack Obama and Joe Biden (and defended so scatalogically by Ziegler) has been examined by objective polling experts beyond Nate Silver now, and the verdict is unanimous:

Wall Street Journal:

"..Interpreted the numbers from the survey in a misleading fashion."

Pollster.com:

The Zogby summary quotes Ziegler claiming that "the poll really proves beyond any doubt the stunning level of malpractice on the part of the media in not educating the Obama portion of the voting populace."

The problem, as Silver points out, is that the survey does no such thing. It proves only that Obama voters surveyed were less likely to attribute to Obama or Biden a half dozen statements that were "at best debatable, yet apparently represented as factual to the respondent" ...

... Describing his biased, leading questions as a legitimate test of knowledge is hugely misleading, at best.

EvenJohn Zogby himself is running from this survey, claiming it was put together while he was on vacation. While paying lip service to its ostensible validity, he adds:

“I also believe it was not our finest hour. This slipped through the cracks. It came out critical only of Obama voters.

Here's an article from Pollster.com

Zogby's Misleading Knowledge Test

Describing his biased, leading questions as a legitimate test of knowledge is hugely misleading, at best

Zogby’s Misleading Poll of Obama Voters

Zogby told me he was on a book tour* when the contract was reached and when the survey was conducted, and wouldn’t have approved the poll in the form it took, or a press release posted on his firm’s Web site. “This was not Zogby International’s finest hour,” he said. “Something, somehow, fell through the cracks.” He said he would review the incident with his staff on Friday to determine what went wrong.
******SKIP******
Zogby said he wouldn’t have approved the poll without including McCain supporters. “A more honest poll would have been conducted had we also focused on McCain people,” he said. He added that some of the questions weren’t worded fairly.

[edit on 11/22/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Push Poll.

The video and the Zogby Poll were propaganda pieces spun out by the same guy.

Example..The question concerning ...who said "I can see Russia from my house?" The respondant was asked to choose from the four candidates..Obama, Biden, McCain, Palin.

While Ziegler the sponsor of the poll claims "None of the above" was the correct response since Tina Fey said it, "None of the Above" was not one of the choices given.

This is just the start of how biased and screwed up this poll was. Like the poster above commented on, Zogby himself thinks this poll was BS.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join