It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are ATS Users Happy People, or Unhappy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
A recent study was published that indicated unhappy people watch television.

An extensive new research study has found that unhappy people watch more TV while those consider themselves happy spend more time reading and socializing.

The University of Maryland analyzed 34 years of data collected from more than 45,000 participants and found that watching TV might make you feel good in the short term but is more likely to lead to overall unhappiness.
www.thrfeed.com...

So...what about ATS users?
Do you think ATS users are generally happy, or unhappy?
Troubled in the long-term?

What say you?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
On a whole i think ATS users are happy. ( maybe a little paranoid at times , but generally happy
)

There is such a wide variety of members here with all sorts of different viewpoints. Sitting here and reading threads is engaging. Fires up the brain cells in a way that TV doesn't. I can see why the viewers are depressed.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

SugarJ, you sound quite positive and happy. You're already making me happier!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I spend too much time watching CSI, BUT, I come here to read and socialize.

And today...I"M HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
If you're on BTS...they're happy for the most part.

ATS seems to have gotten angrier and angrier lately though. I think for the most part we are a pretty happy group though.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

That pretty much summed up my post nyk537.

BTS=Happy
ATS=Not so much

I am for the most part a very, very happy person. Once in awhile I need a good pick me up and my BTS friends almost always.....no....always cheer me up. ATS is just not a place to go for "happy thoughts". Personally speaking, of course.

Rush

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MOFreemason

I'm happy. Why, what have you heard?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

oh i bet you are really, really happy....... hehe.

it depends for me, i guess when im on BTS im happy, but when i go to ATS im magically transformed into the grinch.

when i watch t.v. i just go numb, is that bad?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I believe members of both ATS and BTS are generally a happy group.

We do get grumpy sometimes but not often.

The only TV I watch is CSI and Boston Legal. CSI is intriguing and Boston Legal is funny. I love William Shatner's character.

Most ATSers are well informed of what is happening in the entire universe. We are able to carry on intelligent conversations of multiple subjects with facts we have gleaned from our ATS discussions.

I, personally, am very happy.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Good days and bad days.....

I'm generally a happy person and can be the life of the party, but I've gone through some very deep depression at times. Anxiety gets to me a lot, though I have a pretty positive outlook on life in general.

I'm sure my bad days have come across in some of my posts because I tend to get acerbic and regret some of the things I write the next day.

That's life I guess.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I am quite happy with my life, even though it may not be going so well.

I'm actually very happy most of the time, but when I get sad, I get depressed. Right now though, I couldn't be happier!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
In my case overall I'm a pretty happy person. Sure I have my occasional downturns but not all that often. Since I've joined this site I've noticed that honestly my brain is functioning better than it had been in a long time. I suspect that it's a matter of using my brain instead of letting it fossilize. This site also gives me yet another chance to unleash the occasional bad pun and joke more often than if I wasn't here. (chuckle)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I can at times literally feel my mind set and attitude change as I go from one forum to the other. Im making a real concerted effort these days to try and be at least objective and non confrontational. These elections brought a lot of tension around and really made things sort of negative for a while.

I am doing my best to avoid the political mess all together as it never gets any of us anywhere and it only drags us all down like apes in a pit of muck.

As for being happy I would say yes, Im pretty much happy. I have a lot to be thankful for and I am going to try and make the best of it while I am able. If things change then so be it.

As far as ATS in general, I would say that you can find a lot of positive here and you can also find a ton of negative here, it all depends on what you choose to actively seek out.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Good days and bad days.....

I'm generally a happy person and can be the life of the party, but I've gone through some very deep depression at times. Anxiety gets to me a lot, though I have a pretty positive outlook on life in general.

I'm sure my bad days have come across in some of my posts because I tend to get acerbic and regret some of the things I write the next day.

That's life I guess.

I can relate to that.... a lot!

top topics

join