It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Interesting Analysis Of The Hillary Appointment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Original Article by Dick Morris

If Barack Obama appoints Hillary Clinton as his Secretary of State, it will send a cynical message to his supporters: that change is something they can still only hope for. Because if Obama relies on this unqualified Washington insider to fill one of the most important positions in his 'outsider' administration, it will represent neither change nor hope, just more of the same.

Instead of "Yes, We Can," Obama will be touting loud and clear: "No, we won't."

I've heard others (including myself) echo this sentiment here at ATS since this announcement was made that she was being vetted. It seems though that the Obama supporters don't see it this way.

Some more interesting segments...

Hillary Clinton is the epitome of the entrenched Washington political establishment that Obama so effectively challenged and so thoroughly disdained. That's what makes her consideration so puzzling. But it's not just her old politics that should immediately disqualify her. With her out-of-control husband freelancing with foreign governments to raise money for his cronies, his foundation, and for speaking fees for himself, the potential for serious conflicts of interest are incalculable and dangerous.

But aside from being the poster child of the status quo, Hillary is simply not qualified for the job. She has no foreign policy credentials, other than visiting eighty countries as First Lady, where she usually toured schools and hospitals with no diplomatic missions. And, of course, we know her assertions about dodging sniper fire in Bosnia and playing an important role in the Irish Peace Process were just fantasies.

I agree with most of this article, and I'll be interested to see if others do and how Obama supporters react.

You can read the full article for lots more information on this situation.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If any of this is true, it looks like Palin in 2012! The article advances many of the opinons I have heard in the coffee shops and restaurants I have been in these last two weeks.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
The article advances many of the opinons I have heard in the coffee shops and restaurants I have been in these last two weeks.

How so?

Please expand on that a little if you would.

Have you noticed a sentiment among people (Obama supporters) that this is a step away from his campaign promises?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
In a word, yes. Some posit that it is the wrong move. Even though there are many Shrillary supporters they think it will only cause problems not smooth out our relations with the world. Some just said that if she gets in Ole' Bill will be in the forefront shilling for her instead of the party line like he did in the campaign. It realy runs the gamut of opinions. All this took place last night in my usual bar I watched an argument get pretty close to blows and these where all Obama supporters. Some are not happy with the cabinet some where.

Zindo

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Interesting.

I can't say that I've seen too much good sentiment towards Obama's choices so far. Of course a lot of people will still say to wait and see what he does once he officially takes office, but these appointments are very important, and reveal a lot about how he will run things.

I just can't imagine why in the world he would want anything to do with the Clinton's.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Totally agree!! I'm a Republican who voted for Obama because I honestly want CHANGE. I also didn't want the Clintons back. If this appointment materializes I will start regretting where my vote went.

Bill Richardson seems to be the one with the most demonstrable skills at this critical point in time. Someone is pulling strings and it doesn't seem to be Obama (i.e., Rahm Emmanuel, Hillary Clinton, etc.).

It's starting to give me the impression of the old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

[edit on 18-11-2008 by manticore]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
If any of this is true, it looks like Palin in 2012!

I sure as hell hope so as well

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well. things got to a boiling point last night in my own little 'Cheers'! Five people including two women got into a large row over Shrillary. Fists flew, bottles flew, bodies flew...I ducked!!! Cops came and cuffed all involved and they where spitting and cussing at each other like they where drunken sailors. They had to use 5 cars to keep them separated, and these folks are all die hard Democrats,LOL! Made my day!!!

Zindo

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by manticore
Totally agree!! I'm a Republican who voted for Obama because I honestly want CHANGE. I also didn't want the Clintons back. If this appointment materializes I will start regretting where my vote went.

Bill Richardson seems to be the one with the most demonstrable skills at this critical point in time. Someone is pulling strings and it doesn't seem to be Obama (i.e., Rahm Emmanuel, Hillary Clinton, etc.).

It's starting to give me the impression of the old saying "the more things change, the more they stay the same."

[edit on 18-11-2008 by manticore]

If you voted for Obama you can not call yourself Republican.

You are a liberal democrat.

You voted for Obama which is fine. But don't try and claim to be a Republican. Actions speak much, much, louder than words honey.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Has any Secretary of State ever had the experience to fill those shoes? Seems more like a PR job anyway. I say let her have it. He also picked Daschle as his Health and Human Services Secretary. Just goes to show how political payback is behind all of these picks.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join