It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writers, Fighters, and Scholars question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm curious about the collaborative writing, debate, and research forums.
I found some details here.
Want To Be A Writer ?? Please Read.

Originally posted by John bull 1
To get "writer" status you must;
a) Have been a member here at ATS for atleast a month.

b) Have posted regularly in that time.

c) Have not spammed or trolled the board in the past.

Are the requirements the same for all 3 forums, or different for each one?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I don't know anything about Scholar status, but getting Fighter status is very different. All you have to do is seriously annoy either Semperfortis or MemoryShock, and they'll label you a Fighter.

Just kidding. For fighter status post in the Public Fight Club Pub that you are interested in debating. Once you have an opponent and a topic set up and approved, one of the Mods will anoint you with Fighter status.

(Be really careful if they ask you to kiss their ring, though - sometimes they squirt stuff)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
ADVISOR is the one to talk to about scholar tags.

[edit on 18/11/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

For the most part, yes. You also have to be an active contributor in the Research Forums. That doesn't mean constantly being present of course, we know you have a life, but you need to check in and what not from time to time, especially if you are running current in a project.

I'd recommend reading some of these topped threads in the research forum:
ALWAYS open for research project proposals and volunteers
Research Forum: Information and Guidelines
ABOUT THE SCHOLAR STATUS, USE IT OR LOSE IT!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
You basically just need to be involved.

I've debated, written stories, an been involved with research projects.

I didn't actively seek any of those things, it just happened naturally.

If you have interest in any of those things, someone will point you in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
(Be really careful if they ask you to kiss their ring, though - sometimes they squirt stuff)

Someone is seriously risking their Fighter status...

And yeah, the requirements for special tags have kind of laxed a bit...save for the requirement that one needs to participate in the associated forum. Gaining a title for a 'status symbol' will result in a loss of said title (we pay attention and it isn't my favorite task).

That said, Hope to see you participate, ashamedamerican..

We always need new mea...errr...talent in the Debate Forum...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Thank you all for the information, and for the warning about the ring!

I'v been trying to involve myself in Tinwiki as much as I have the time to do so, because I think it's a great idea, and would like to see it grow.

However I would also like to get into other things as well, and while I'm not sure if it will be in the collaborative writing, debate, or research forum, I think I would definitely like to participate in at least one.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ashamedamerican

Good for you, and you won't regret it. I try to find time for all 3 myself, and I'm fairly active in tinWiki too.

Once you get started really digging in to all that ATS has to offer, it's hard to stop.

This place is so much more than most members realize.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Good thread ashamed..I actually have a question that I never asked before but I would like to know the definition of trolling?..It gets thrown around alot and Id like to really know its meaning...Thanks

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Trolling gets thrown around a lot.

It's basically when someone comes here with the express purpose of causing trouble.

Making wild claims and/or accusations just to get people angry. They usually have no evidence or supporting facts for their claims.

That's what I consider a troll.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Trolling is one of those words that probably gets used too much here (though not as bad as "sheeple" in my opinion)

Basically I agree with nyk's definition, but I would add that it's usually someone who posts multiple times to a thread with the aim of dragging it down into the mud or off into the ether – either offtopic or nasty.

And it can be someone who makes unverifiable claims, or someone who repeatedly comes on to yell about claims going unverified

Beware Fighter status. It is addictive.

new topics

top topics

join