It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind WomanThreatened with Lein over 1 cent.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I couldn't help but post this. First it's from my old stomping grounds and second it prooves that common sense isn't common anymore.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Pretty sad,I remember when I was young and worked with an older man who said during the depression his family lost their home because they couldn't pay the 5 dollar property tax

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Now I highly doubt if she will loose her house, but it puts into focus some inherant flaws in the "print and mail" billing that we have operating now.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jkd Up

Yhea but it's swings and roundabouts, so you get one or two of these cases for ever 100,000... if you swing the other way and use more humans in the chain would you like to put money on the results?

And plus humans like being paid and stuff, all very expensive and time consuming... Plans are in progress to replace all humans, resistance is fut..... I've said too much

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
One year I found out that I had two shares of stock in a company I had worked for many, many years ago. I had received them as a stock options bonus but had long since forgotten about them. Curious, and wanting perhaps to sell them, I got in touch with the company and updated them with my new address and married name.

A few months later I received a huge pile of envelopes in the mail. Each paper envelope contained a separately printed check for 32 cents. These were my quarterly dividends for the past who knows how many years. Each envelope and the postage required to mail it was worth more than the check inside. Incredible. How many trees died for that one gigantic mailing? What an incredible waste of corporate resources. No wonder these big corporations are all going bankrupt.

Sometimes automated bill-and-mail systems are ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
NOW_THEN: I know just what your're saying! I've read the Rules of Zion as well

It is sad though. I remember getting a refund check from the electric company for $1.28. It was pathetic! I called the compan and asked them why they didn't just credit to my account. They said they never though about that. Guess what they do now...................

If a machine is only as smart as it's programer, how dumb are these guys?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
A few months later I received a huge pile of envelopes in the mail. Each paper envelope contained a separately printed check for 32 cents. These were my quarterly dividends for the past who knows how many years. Each envelope and the postage required to mail it was worth more than the check inside. Incredible. How many trees died for that one gigantic mailing? What an incredible waste of corporate resources. No wonder these big corporations are all going bankrupt.

OUTTAHERE: Good to see you again! Thank you for that story! you are correct with the lack of bewilderment for the companies going belly up.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Sorry. Still learning how to quote and obviously haven't got it yet *weak grin*

new topics

top topics

join