It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Guru Dialogues II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here is the second instalment of the Guru Dialogues:

s-Recently you were talking about responsibility, and how that relates to spirituality. You seemed to be saying that, in a way, they are the same thing. Can you explain that a bit more?

g-Sure. What I have tried to explain is that responsibility—and I am talking about a self-sustained and unshakable sense of responsibility—is an important aspect of mature spirituality. When someone feels truly responsible there is no division between the self and the world, because that deep sense of responsibility resides at the very heart of one’s perception and action. True responsibility means not mentally delimiting the scope of your involvement with the world or with the self. You accept all of it as falling within your domain and put up no barriers. You feel very deeply that you—the essence of you—are fundamentally connected to everything that is. You understand that there is no loving or nasty deed that is utterly foreign to you. You also take responsibility internally for anything you feel or think. Every greedy thought, every ounce of nastiness, fear, as well as every kind or loving thought you have. You accept responsibility for all of it and then you engage it constructively. You become active. Imagine how the world would be transformed if everyone were responsible in that way.

s-That sounds to me like assuming a lot of guilt for things that you haven’t done.

g-Guilt is a choice, a position, and that is another subject altogether, but, yes, there is a heaviness that is a natural part of accepting such a great load. But understand that the heaviness is more than counterbalanced by the awareness that you are also—at a fundamental level—tied to the great, loving deeds of mankind. So all you are doing is expanding, without limit, the scope of what you are taking responsibility for. Instead of just the standard personal triumphs and shames, you are taking on all triumphs and shames.

s-So you’re saying that I shouldn’t feel guilty for any single act in my past?

g-If you decide to feel guilty for any one act and direct your attention there, then you are making a decision to fixate on the memory of one past deed, and so you have shrunk your realm of responsibility again. Then you are ignoring the good, the love, and the compassion that is also in evidence everywhere you look, inside or outside yourself. There is a difference between learning from our actions and suffocating ourselves with them. It is the same if you are continually comforting yourself with past actions that you feel were commendable, and writing yourself blank cheques in the present with them. In both cases you have taken your eye off the ball. The past is the past and the future is the future. What you have done or think you will do are of no consequence to the decisions you can make NOW.

s-To take responsibility for everything, don’t you have to know everything?

g-To know everything consciously, in the mind, with thoughts, with memory? No, that is neither possible, nor would it be useful. Instead you are sensing and fundamentally grasping the state of the world and the self as it is. You can do this because there is actually no division between yourself and the world. The division lies only in perspective.

s-There it is again. You often put down the mind and thoughts. I don’t understand why you think that thoughts are useless.

g-Useless is not a word I would use. Thinking can be useful, but understand that much of the dysfunction that you see in the world today has come out of an excessive fixation on thought, logic, on the rational, the material, that which can be measured. This is powered by a fear of the unknown, loss of control, which is itself a quirk of the mind. So what has happened, then? We have rationalized ourselves en mass away from the truth that sits patiently inside each of us, which is not knowable in the way that the circumference of a circle is knowable. This truth requires us to wake up and out of the constant thought stream of the mind. Unless we can do that, we remain unconscious to the inner reality, which—paradoxically it will seem—is also the outer reality. We’ll talk more about that another time.

s-Thanks.

g-Thank you.

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Fantastic! Some of the best material I've read in a while.

Do these answers come to you naturally, or are they channeled?

Many thanks

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I believe that we all have a wiser inner spiritual voice. The trick is knowing how to tap into it. When I write these, I pretend that I am actually speaking to a spiritually wise source, and then it's almost like taking dictation. The words come very easily, so that it does almost feel like the information is being channeled.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Silenceisall

Well done my friend.
Conversations between the "me" and the "I" are always the most revealing.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Much thanks, Schro.

By the way, I'm reading Adyashanti's True Meditation and enjoying very much. Thanks for the suggestion.

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Oh that's great, I'm glad you are enjoying it.
If you get a chance to catch him on audio or video I encourage you to take the opportunity. He is such a kind soul.
The link I gave you on the last thread is still valid btw.

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I must say I enjoyed your post very much.
Thank you and please continue posting this stuff.

MajikWand.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Thanks Majik. I plan to post a few more.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
True words my friend, your message is autentic. I dunnot know how or from where it comes to you, but I DO know it is genuine knowledge.

The truth is there, all we need to do is see it. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silenceisall
Thanks. I'm glad you liked it. I believe that we all have a wiser inner spiritual voice. The trick is knowing how to tap into it. When I write these, I pretend that I am actually speaking to a spiritually wise source, and then it's almost like taking dictation. The words come very easily, so that it does almost feel like the information is being channeled.

what your doing in my humble assessment

is essentially tapping into the "Source" of "information" which is energy, that which all things are composed of

the "Source" can be found within every bit of existance

no idea is new, we only rediscover them

all information exists all at once within every bit of energy/matter within the universe itself

this is also the key to some of the most advanced forms of computing in the universe ,a free energy source, basically the answer to all our technological questions

the aliens who have also discovered information would also realize tapping directly into the source is the key to technological advancement, and would aid greatly in space travelling

on the other hand, the aliens whom do not fully grasp such a simple simple subject (we humans, myself included - among other ignorant species) would be backwards and something would always seem wrong

because ignorance almost inevitably results in self inflicted wounds, but going "back to the source" and "tapping into" the "infinite information" within the "smallest bit of energy" - produces life in abundance

that is why , when a species becomes so technologically advanced, they Have to become inter-planetary almost invariably! Too much life sprouts around them whereever they go!
need room to breathe hehe

you know i really hope the world ignores my posts (including guys w/guns) or if they do read it, they decide not to kill me for some reason

but really and im being 100% serious here with you guys, if you want to advance mankind in any legitimate way with the inter-galactic community, we have to learn how to interact with source energy directly and conciously

that i believe, is the NEXT step in our long term evolution as a people/species and that with this step we will be accepted by all the friendly local alien groups and can work on a team with them

we would have caught up technologically

lets say the rare chance there is no aliens in our nearby galactic cluster, of any reasonable technological progression - that means we can colonize alot of *empty*planets so we better get moving no matter which side of the coin your on here

tapping into source energy provides a safe, infinite, free source of energy
i dont know exactly why it would do that, but perhaps it relates to that there is an infinite microcosm within it

of course you could use it for weaponry, and its prolly been done countless times

you can use it to compute infinite variables instantly, quantum computers are no joke

wipe the whole slate clean, and consider, Snowflakes
they are all different shaped, all of them!

infinity surrounds us, this is all the source itself in manifestation
physical reality is the source itself and we view it on this particular wavelength

tapping into the source mentally is what all of us humans do pretty much all the time
all of our ideas come from there , the actual texture of the physical manifestation of the IDea in your Brain is a electrical impulse (ENERGY)

when i say elephant and you picture an elephant in your mind, that very hallucination you expieranced was the very source energy spilling from your very biological existance, the imagination
the memory
conciousness

at its very essence is a particle of energy

that is why quantum physics is so much like ancient philosophy because it relates to the Source in many ways

sometimes , as has been pointed out so many times previously by others, it becomes nearly impossible to tell the Quantum Physicists apart from the Eastern Mystics , if you look at the words they speak as your only determining factor.

i actually as a human do not know anything at all, as i foolishly ignore most information around me

the only reason i can type this post is becuase i think i tapped into the source, to talk about the source

what other way could u know anything about it anyway?

im sorry all, but when talking about infinity, i could ramble, for eternity

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

what i mean really is, what your doing is a good thing

and if you keep it up, IMO you would be doing a great part to help advance mankind

every bit helps, and i appreciate it

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I also feel for some reason to point out, that our inability as a species to make any practical use technologically of the "source", may also correllate directly to our inability to make connections with the source Mentally /Spiritually

Perhaps the key actually is to tap into it mentally/spiritually first, and pry information from it, and then use that information to use it practically for answering our technological real life issues (like sewage or garbage)

its going to be a big jump for us as a species tho, when someone finally re-discovers a method to apply the source to our daily lives

the biggest problem is, however (THe Bad News) that at our current state of existance on earth with this primitive violent society
it could take us millions of years to advance technologically enough to reach the source, givin our methods of thinking and our methods of technology

so yes, im saying the "source" is a million years (possibly billions)more advanced of a technology than the coal power plants we are using today

[edit on 29-12-2008 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Hi Muzzle,

Thanks for your reply. I think you are right. The totality resides within the one and the one is the totality. This principle applies as a kind of universal base state of all creation. The eastern religions have known it for some time, and Western science is now also faced with that reality at the quantum level.

Technology is a kind of mapping onto the infinite, but it is always limited, since it can never map the entirety of infinity. And something that is limited, when compared with the infinite, will always seem infinitely small. This is the place of technology. Like the mind, it is very useful, but like the mind it is also infinitely tiny when compared to the totality of what is.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So you are curious about the infinite
Or the not known
Or the unremembered?
Well they are one
With the contents
Of mind
the way the sky contains
a thought of the colour blue

Time is the switch
It begins at the first