It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wondering, why do so many of you seem to hate Jesus?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
I guess I can't prove anything but when you hear the Holy Spirit talk to
one self then I listen.
I can not even prove that George Washington or any other person in history taught in school was here because there is no video of their existance either. Please don't think that I am gunning on history but there are certain things we just can't prove.

o but we can prove washington existed. there are many histroical texts written by many people aswell as first hand accounts of seeing or meeting him.

give me one historical document from that time that mentions jesus. besides a religious book so no torah koran or bible.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla

signature
The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane. - Nikola Tesla

Luv yer Tesla quote! Dang if that don't resound with all the feeble-minded immorality of a scientist at his/her tables. Idiots in white smocks, playing god n games.

Nothing like a round of clarity to hold one back.

And yer right, there isn't a jesu or santa, except Looeamong composited (created) the jesu myth & the endless millions mindless followers (like jonetown types), and 'Satan' created the Santa (satan) myth (same clothes, except on the x-charged nite of yuletide).

Humanity = satan

Nothing like an unconscious race (humanity) for a steady supply of 'product.' But, that's Reality: the in-your-face predator.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyjames65

I guess I can't prove anything but when you hear the Holy Spirit talk to
one self then I listen.

So are you saying you had personal communion with God and God told you the birthday was in fact December 25th?

[edit on 28-11-2008 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
no I dont think so , it goes deeper than that. It is to hard to explain
for one to hear the holy spirit to the unbeleivers.
I don't know if anyone can comprehend the holy spirit, it is a personal thing.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I have prayed on this question and came up with the athiest have there belief and I have my own way of looking at the world and I can still see the hate and non-beleif. Where does it start? I am not trying to push those who don't have faith in Jesus but there is something going on. No God! on buses, here is another seperation of church and state going on. Or there is some kind of movement happening right now.

Dude since when did church become synoymous with state ?

Yes there's something going on , people in the 21st century are far less likely to believe in invisible beards in the sky.

I don't know where your getting this hate from, are christians now showing tendancies toward paranoia as well as delusion ?

Believe whatever you want to belive dude, but don't force it on non believers they've had enough, or they will point out your delusion.Then you will throw your dummy in the dirt and not post anymore, boo hoo

Here's some questions for you, enjoy the vid

[edit on 29-11-2008 by moocowman]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Christians always insist that Jesus was real instead of myth yet never have any proof to present. That is one of the reasons people groan whenever Jesus is mentioned, we know it is just you saying what you want to say and there is nothing to back it up with. No facts, no proof and no evidence.

Here at these links are facts, proof and evidence that the Jesus myth has existed under dozens of other names for tens of thousands of years.

www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I really struggle with this. Let's believe that Jesus was real and the stories in the bible are true.

Generally he seems a good egg but he has his lapses (not what I would expect from the son of God):

1. Miracle of the wedding at Canae - did he really need to provide more wine? Wouldn't it be better if he gave a good speech rather than give all the pople kidney failure.

2. He went into Jerusalem on adonley with palm leaves eminating David doing something similar before becoming king. This was inflamatory an had nothing really to do with him saving "all of us" - it was his selfish political ambitions

3. Saving Barabus - what was that about -why him and no-one else?

4. Turning over the tables for the money lenders - this was an act that wnet on forever so why did Jesus make a scene

What I am trying to show is - do people really study the bible critically a any other document / oreven as an historical account? or does the indoctrination run so deep that only the good can be seen.

And why did he need magical powers, Mother Theresa never needed any tricks (unlike David Blaine)

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

I think people hate the name of jesus, not becuse of him/her. it is his/her people that reperisent him. they do not always live and act like they should.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

Can i ask you why this has to be done in your fashion. Your not Jesus! You dont make the calls. This is not up to you. You dont have a say in this mater. Your opinion dont mean anything. Your going to be judged on your knowledge and opinion when your day comes.

This is all part of a sequence you sure dont know to much about.

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Here is another video. LoL

It is realy good. He dose have a lot of good points.

posted on Jan, 21 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I never met the man.
He seemed like a swell hippie dude.
Whatever happened to him?!
Didn't he run off and get married to that Mary gal?
She was a sweetheart.
Ahhh, the good ol' days. When the air was clean, the dirt was fresh
and the water was wine.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I argue that if you genuinely and sincerely followed what he preached, then you would directly experience these enlightenments and they would be sufficient enough for you to realize all this God stuff, incl. Jesus, is real talk.

This is what happened to me. I gave up hating on Christianity for my own reasons and opened my mind to it. I felt it was bull#, but after just biting my tongue and listening to the message and living it, I got what you cant get any other way. You do get enlightened.
I have a pretty solid idea of what I believe is what is going on in the overall picture now, but I'm still finding more and more.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
i dont think any one hates jesus that ignorant becuase you can teven prove if the man or woman existed and or what he or she did so how can you hate something that you have no truthful provable information about; now many people hate christianity and organized religions of any sort and they imo have a great amount of "evidence" to do so, i mean i think there is no reason to hate something that may or may not of existed that like tryna hate the easter bunny

the main reason i think people hate christianity/catholicism is because theres no proof and the fact that jesus is an alogory for the sun and most of the storys of jesus revolve around astrological sequences and christianity/catholicism is just a rip off of pagan religions which is were we get christmas easter and all the stories about jesus from the trinity to the virgin birth to the resurrection

so imo i dont hate jesus i just hate people that blindly believe in jesus with out proof and not even hate because i accept it as their beliefs

and dont even give me that whole the devil went back in time to test our faith

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Another long thread I haven't read all of, so at the risk of repetition...I don't hate Jesus but I don't like the idea of woshiping another human being. I believe in God but I don't believe Jesus was anything other than a small-time apoclayptic cult leader with twelve followers. When a human being asks his followers to consider him a living god, you are edging into Charles Manson/David Koresh territory there.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I don't hate Jesus but he's not exactly a barrel of laughs is he? It seems to me that once someone has to threaten you with eternal damnation in the firey pits of hell to make you follow them then is that person really worth following? I guess I don't like being preached to. . . I also believe that if Jesus did return to earth the very first thing he would do is disown the catholic church.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Do "So many" really "hate Jesus"? Maybe they just hate people walking up to them, trying to sell them their Jesus while they already have their own valid system of believe and faith? Whatever one might believe, its ALL WRONG as long as one does'nt believe in JESUS. You see? People dont hate Jesus. They are only weiry of fascistic Jesus freaks.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I love Jebus, And jebus loves us all.

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Well, I don't think many do, I mean, you can't hate something that doesnt exist. You can hate the idea of it, but not the thing within it.

I hate when people tell me to accept him or perish, I don't hate Jesus or him within the idea.

BTW, dont reply to say "hes real" or "hes not real!"

Im just using an example

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
yea

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
For me personally, I don't "hate Jesus." I just don't believe he was the significant person that religious people claim. He was just another person.

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join