It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just wondering, why do so many of you seem to hate Jesus?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I dont think its right to hate Jesus because allot of "so called" Christians give him a bad name.

Also, I dont think its right to say "because he's religion." Jesus was himself bashing religion and teaching a way of life that leads to enlightenment and allowing you to experience God directly, beyond words, selfless Love, and all that other good stuff.

It just seems soooo many of you here hate him, or try to use the minority .0001% argument that he never existed, meaning you'd be up against 99.999% of academia on that one.

I argue that if you genuinely and sincerely followed what he preached, then you would directly experience these enlightenments and they would be sufficient enough for you to realize all this God stuff, incl. Jesus, is real talk.

Whereas if you haven't walk the Christ path sincerely and genuinely, then your're merely speculating, as an outsider, about a direct experience that you have no clue about.

Why do so many of you hate/attack what you don't, directly as an experience of the Divine, understand???????

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Simple: It makes people feel intelligent when they are contrarian and go against cultural norms. Most ATS members are from western civilizations, and so hating what other people embrace makes them feel superior.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
maybe God or Jesus hasn't touched them yet.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Whereas if you haven't walk the Christ path sincerely and genuinely, then your're merely speculating, as an outsider, about a direct experience that you have no clue about.

I think a lot of the hate comes because most of the people that preach the path of Christ are also outsiders who don't walk the path and have no direct experience with it. They simply judge others based off of their faith.

I think that both sides are equally crazy in their views of each other. It may be a chicken or the egg type of argument but it has gotten out of hand. Neither side seems to take a very rational approach.

Members like you seem to have a different approach. You seem to have experienced something that most others haven't. I am intrigued by what you write. Just like I am intrigued by anyone of any faith that has claimed to experienced "enlightenment."

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
or maybe we're sick of people using the bible and bible "scholars" as sources and calling that "academia".

Jesus didn't exist, organised religion on the whole is nothing but a control mechanism developed by those in power to keep the sheep scared.

There is no reason at all to believe that he existed, that being said, I don't think that anyone hates "Jesus", as he doesn't exist, we hate people that try to explain everything they don't understand with some spiritual jargon rather than opening a book other than the bible.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Can't say I ever met the guy. From what I hear he seemed nice enough though. Who's actually said they hate him?

Not so sure about that Paul guy who started up all that Christianity nonsense mind

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Perhaps they hate Jesus in the same way others say Jesus loves them. Either way, I see the emotion as misdirected or misaligned.

What matters, if you choose to see that any of it matters, is not that they hate Jesus but that they may hate you.

Just as it isn't important to know that Jesus loves them, but rather that you do.

Besides, I doubt one such as this would care whether others hate him. In fact, it was expected.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I don't hate Jesus... I revere him deeply... its (some) his so-called followers that annoy the crap out of me with their self righteous posing.

As Gandhi said:

I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I don't hate Jesus. If anything, he is the embodiment of the original ideals of true Christianity.

And considering I'm agnostic and anti-religious, you know that means a lot for me to say that.

That being said, the author of the below thread is a prime example of my negative opinion on Christians, and Christianity in general.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Generalization? Maybe. But my argument is this:

Most Christians these days are of the zealous, bible-thumping, holier than thou variety. These people are delusional hypocrites. Yet they are the majority. The minority, those that follow Jesus' teachings, are intelligent, accepting, intellectual and perhaps even enlightened.

But because the majority is of the zealous, bible-thumping, holier than thou variety, they are naturally out-spoken. As a result, the true Christians get thrown into the pot with them, and people like me who don't rely on religion, view Christianity as a negative whole.

So the issue here is, people don't know how to differentiate between perverted modern Christianity, and the embodiment of true Christianity (Jesus).

[edit on 11/18/2008 by prototism]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well with any education on the subject at all one finds that the only reason anyone worships him is because their ancestors had to or they would be killed. Over time it just became common as a better option than death.

The pope is god if you actually read AND UNDERSTAND WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS. This also is why he constantly decides what is exceptable for man.

That church is just the top of a group that has started almost if not every war killing unknown amounts of whoever is reading this, their family members. I would have to hate people a lot to do that to the world once you realize how it was set up. It is a shame how they us the ignorant to get what they want.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Good Morning. I don't hate Jesus. I don't like him either. Why?
I look at it like this. In God's temple. A man walks into the church or building and starts tipping over tables and damaging property-criminal.

He rally's people against God's state, his God's state, and attempts to upsurp his God's government and implant himself as the letter of his God's law in the eyes of his God's people, as well as attempting to persuade others of his God to behave criminally against his God--I consider Jesus to have been a criminal-against the God of the time, who used his free will to break the law, and recieved judicial punishment according to the severity of the transgression against the law.

I don't really study up on it. I'm not sure why my personal opinion of the Jesus is so important to his believers. In fact, if it wasn't so important to his believers, and I am not aiming this at you, op, you've raised a very interesting and valid question and asked for answers. So and back to in fact, if it wasn't so important to his believers, I *likely* wouldn't have this opinion. But since it is put in front of me to think about, so often, I do think about it, as the whole world is filled with christians wanting to know why other people do not bow down to a Jesus, thier Jesus, and my conclusion solidifys with each query as I am forced to revisit the old testiments statements assumably given by God and compare them to the 'new' version.

I hope this at least in part answered your origional question.
Jesus is what he means to you, you shouldn't have hurt feelings over what he is to others-this is your journey.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

This is something I see very often that makes no logical sense. By this logic, I would have to join the KKK in order to understand 'what's really going on." The same material that is available to a christian for study is available to everyone else, and if it leads them to a different conclusion than you, why do you care? I don't hate Jesus, I am apathetic towards him, as I am every other 'prophet' or religious figure out there.

And the other flaw in this logic, is that a christian will make the claim that ANYONE who is against the bible/Jesus never 'walked the path sincerely and genuinely.' I was a 'christian' for 18 years of my life, went to school to be a pastor, preached and taught Sunday school. I felt that it was my duty to 'spread the good news' to everyone, that it was my job to persuade them and bring them to this 'truth' I had found in christ.

I no longer believe in the bible. The story is too long to share, but my experience is just as valid as yours on the subject. And through my experience, I have come to the opposite conclusion as it seems you have.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Hate Jesus? WTF? Barring teenage goths and metalheads with anger issues, I've never met anyone that claims to hate Jesus. I mean, why would they? Even if you have issues with the bible or Christianity, Jesus himself seemed to be good bloke. A lot of what he's meant to have said seems pretty much on the money.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
Hate Jesus? WTF? Barring teenage goths and metalheads with anger issues, I've never met anyone that claims to hate Jesus. I mean, why would they? Even if you have issues with the bible or Christianity, Jesus himself seemed to be good bloke. A lot of what he's meant to have said seems pretty much on the money.
In all honesty, he probably has convinced himself that non-Christians hate Jesus, as an excuse and pretext to "spread the word".

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
As a friend of mine once said - I don't hate Jesus, I just hate the people who worship him.

Anytime you see someone saying it is a mind control tool, or that is evil etc are doing so not based on what Jesus actually said, they are doing it based on the things that have been done in his name. Leaders will wrap themselves up in symbolism to blind and hide their true agendas, which as Gandhi said - makes them so unlike Christ.

How many people said about GWB - he's a good christian, I'm going to vote for him. That is why people hate Christians. Because GWB is not a good christian. He did things opposite of what Jesus talked about.

I tell those friends of mine - they are more christian than they realize, and they are more christian than who they think christians are. Because they more closely follow the path of Jesus, even if they don't do it in his name.

Jesus even warns of people who will do things in his name, but will be working in sin. And tells people they must walk the path. Is it coincidence that you can sin against the name of Jesus, but not the holy spirit(truth)? Is it also coincidence that Jesus says even if you do not hear his words, you will hear the words of the father, who will send the holy spirit to comfort and enlighten you?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
In all honesty, he probably has convinced himself that non-Christians hate Jesus, as an excuse and pretext to "spread the word".

You're probably right.

He can spread the word as much as he wants. However, making threads like these is the wrong way to go about it though; each time I see a thread like this, I lose just a little more respect for his take on Christianity. I dare say I'm not the only one either.

Whilst I'd happily go for a coffee with Jesus, many of his fans - like the OP - make me want to cross the street and pretend to be speaking on my mobile phone.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Can't say I ever met the guy.

Yeah, he and his father is kind and very understanding about life, because I know...personal experince. I wouldn't be around here in life, if they weren't kind and loving of humans.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus

I dont think its right to hate Jesus because allot of "so called" Christians give him a bad name.

But that is exactly why so many people seem to hate Christianity. Christ said to love one another, yet so many people who call themselves Christians seem to be filled with hate. They are the ones that get most of the attention so many people get the idea that all Christians are like that.

It’s the same with gays who attack Christians, Obama supporters who think he is the messiah, and blacks who commit crimes. People hear of the actions of these people and judge the entire group on the actions of a few.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by prototism
]In all honesty, he probably has convinced himself that non-Christians hate Jesus, as an excuse and pretext to "spread the word".

Very perceptive,this thread just cries out 'melodramatic kneejerk reaction' and is probably more to do with courting victimhood than anything else.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Whilst I'd happily go for a coffee with Jesus, many of his fans - like the OP - make me want to cross the street and pretend to be speaking on my mobile phone.

Lol, actually I didnt post this thread to spread the "word," since if non of you want to hear it, thats really your deal not mine, though I do have compassion and love for everyone, even complete strangers who cross the street and pretend their on the phone just to avoid me ...nothing but pure unadulterated and Infinite Love here......

I honestly was seriously curious as to why so many people seem to hate Jesus, attack Jesus, and just the overall negativity from most people when his name is brought up. It's rather interesting the responses brought forth so far.

I'm still debating rather I should respond to some of the more questionable responses like whiterabbit85's response as well as ninthaxis an ex-christian's view. Its more just an interesting take.

As for people who say Jesus is used as a control tool, I say that those who say that Jesus is a control tool are using that statement to control people from experiencing Enlightenment. This logic can be used either way, so really its invalid on the whole until 1 experiences enlightenment.

I think I'll respond to some of the more intellectually pullling statements, even though this is not meant to be preachy, Im just wondering why all the hate around Jesus.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join