It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All religious people are starting to be critisized

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

It wouldnt me ...I would believe they are entitled to put out whatever they want unless of course it was something horrendous and was a real eyesore in the neighborhood ...

I would just ignore it ...as you should religious symbols .

I really do not care if they are on Gov Buildings or not ..take em all down .who cares ...it wont get rid of the belief in God neither will it hurt God or his believers ..(at least it shouldnt matter to anyone)
God does not need signs up ...he doesnt need his image on buildings etc
Actually he doesnt even like idols of any kind and yes they are considered idols .....so take em down ..who cares ...
I still think that would not be enough for those people who complain so much and do everything they can to get rid of any sign of God ....because next they would have to kill believers ..to get rid of God you would have to also get rid of those who believe in him ...that is next though ..so I just hope I am prepared for it ....

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

Anyone can profess a religion. I see no criticism of those who are religious by their own personal example. But I will join in the criticism of those who preach hatred and social intolerance and who would legislate their version of morality on us all. If you wish to live in a theocracy then I suggest moving to Saudi Arabia or Iran. Oh, maybe you never studied the U. S. Constitution. May I suggest that you begin with the First Ammendment:
"Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Pittsburgh Joe

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I like your attitude towards this!

If more people thought like you did, There wouldn't be the current friction between religious beliefs...

People who think along your lines make it very possible to Coexist.

Its the people who protest when the ten commandments get removed from government buildings, and are appauled when opposing religions get equal consideration that is the main cause of the friction...

I, for the most part, DO ignore the religious symbols everywhere. I do feel however, that when I go into a government building, I shouldn't get the impression that the government endorses a specific religion. I would be equally upset if there was a cross, crescent or a pentagram on any government building.

What people do on their own property on their own time is their own business. Freedom of speech is a great thing!

However, not all people feel like this (religious and non-religious alike).

Star for you!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
this is my beleif:
Christmas was orignally Jesus birthday and now commercialized to be
a santa thing, and presents ect ect.
I guess that would be the church and state seperation thing, but why ask
a nativity seen be taken down if we were not under attack by some people
who hate Jesus.

well it time for more coffee and my peter-pan sandwich

Woah! Wrong on multiple fundamental levels!
Christmas was originally a pagan festival, Saturnalia, which led up to the most important festival of Sol Invictus on Dec 25th! You really need to look at the history of Christianities assimilation of cultures and religion.
Even your battle between between good and evil was stolen from Zoroaster, never mind the Egyptians, Assyrians, Greeks and a multitude of Pagan beliefs. You, like the vast majority, have absolutely no idea about your religions history.
And for the record, Santa is a modern construct, taken from the stories of multiple pagan figures, and most recently, Saint Niclaus (St. Nicholas). He gave away 3 presents of money (secret gifts) to a man in his town, who had 3 daughters who were prostitutes, but they didn't have a dowry with which to give to obtain a husband, and stop being prostitutes. That is the origination of the (secret) present giving. His original color, green, was an aspect of his pagan heritage, as well as the symbols of the mistletoe, holly, and the evergreen tree. The modern color, red and white, was used in the early part of the 20th century by coca-cola for a long running advertising campaign, and has stuck ever since.
The more you know....

[edit on 20-11-2008 by cruzion]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

I see you're proving the OP's point here...

I don't think this was intended to be a podium to bash religions, or to try and press people's beliefs...

Instead I think the OP was asking a valid question... can you explain how your answer relates?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I think I went and killed another thread

sorry OP... I don't do it on purpose...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
I think I went and killed another thread

sorry OP... I don't do it on purpose...

Maybe most were hoping for:

I don't think this was intended to be a podium to bash religions, or to try and press people's beliefs...

A podium to bash religions and religious belief!

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
apparently LOL

I've never cleared a thread by pushing everyone to stay on topic before lol

This is a new one for me if that is true

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by nj2day

LOL hey you did good ....thread stopper .........I have done it a few times and waited a few days and had to go and reread my post to see what I said that ran everyone off so fast ...lol ..

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by nj2day
reply to post by cruzion

I see you're proving the OP's point here...

Instead I think the OP was asking a valid question... can you explain how your answer relates?

Indeed I can.
The OP asked why it was that more recently, people had become more brazen in their antagonism towards religion.
He then decided to spout off about Santa and Christmas, as if they were were a jewel of christiany; completely ignorant of both symbols past lives.
I replied, although fairly annoyed by the typical religious sheeple attitude that all things are theirs, and all their things are right.
A perfect example of why people attack religion.
I'm not attacking religion per se, more, attacking the stupidity, gullibility and slave-mentality of the people that profess to be religious. That is what is most annoying about religion - the sanctimonious idiocy and blinkered bigotry.

Sorry, no offense. I'm not too well today; Short fuse.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by cruzion]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cruzion

Ok, I can buy that

On a side note though, you might want to be a little less insulting when posting reasons you believe why people are being critisized, or they will discount it as further critizism

[edit on 20-11-2008 by nj2day]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
its time for my peter-pan sandwitch umm I am hungry, lol

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
F. Forrester Church: Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Just because the government cannot recognize an official church does not mean the government can recognize God and the fact that this is a Christian nation as they always have. People should not insult the religious values our country was founded upon. If we abandon our faith and instead be brainwashed by the atheist BS some weak minded corrupt fools teach, America or at least the America that once was would truly be dead.

There are reasons society is heading downhill, atheism is one of them and despite the lies atheism is like any other religion, except it teaches no moral values, and leads men to do whatever the hell they want. God cannot be disproven.

The existence of God or some higher power is self-evident, men come to believe in God on their own or are taught such beliefs. Thus it is up to the atheist fool to disprove and not the theist to prove.

God bless anybody not acting like an asshole here. Including those atheists who, however misguided show some respect for the beliefs of others.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyjames65
All religious people are starting to be critisized for our beleifs. Yes I see
it happening and it is not funny.
I am not going to make fun of others beleifs here so I would like the same respect please.

thank you

As long as your beliefs cause you to act like an a$$ to your fellow man, then you should be criticized.

If your beliefs cause you to "love thy neighbor" than I find your belief to be a great one. That is because it demands a lot of you. It demands that you love your neighbor regardless of what he is doing. If your neighbor strikes you, then you should turn the other cheek. If your neighbor asks you for clothing, you should give him he shirt off of your back.

It's so tough to really believe the love thy neighbor portion that most Christians have forgotten it altogether. Truly I have yet to see a Christian love their neighbors when their neighbors happen to be Gay or living together out of wedlock, or are atheists.

Thanks for respecting my beliefs too.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join