It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Suns Caught on Video in Lima, Perú?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Hi all, I'm a long time reader but this is my first post.

I was reading the news on peru.com... when I came across this video on the front page.

It looks like the rainbow cloud filmed in China just prior to the M7.8 earthquake - but there is something even more interesting in the picture... Is that a second Sun? Planet X?

Let me know what you think about this!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think it looks like a gap in the cloud which is letting in light. And some lens flare/sun glare.

this IS a one line post
I'm sorry.

[edit on 18/11/2008 by Acidtastic]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Yes i would agree that the sun light is showing in a hole in the clouds and it makes it look like 2 suns

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It looks very similar to south pole pics that were taken by nasa.

It makes sense that it can now be seen in Peru. By May 2009 the whole world will be able to see it.

Check out threads for Nibiru pictures.

Interesting video,and I don't believe it was a sun flare. Star & flag.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I've seen a similar rainbow that was straight over my head and a complete circle.

Here's the effect for reference...
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

The explanation of a cloud with two holes for the sunlight to come through is pretty good. I am inclined to believe that is what we are looking at, however it could be something like that which was shown in China before the quakes. Does anybody know what geologists came up with for that pre-earthquake anomoly in China?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Thanks for the responses so far, it could well be just sunlight. I'm not so sure though since it does appear to have a spherical shape to it.

As for the clouds, anyone seen something similar?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:15 AM
link   
so..planet x becomes invisible when the clouds are gone...and only comes out when it cant be seen properly due to cloud cover?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by blackhatchet
Thanks for the responses so far, it could well be just sunlight. I'm not so sure though since it does appear to have a spherical shape to it.

As for the clouds, anyone seen something similar?
I think the reason that it looks round,is because sun light is veeeery bright,and glares outwards.Any edges are kind of rounded off by the glare,and it ends up looking round. I'm not the cloud expert on here,so I'll wait till they arrive. I'm sure that it's got a perfectly natural explanation. (with a better analogy
)

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
If i'm not mistaken, this phenomenon is known as Mock Sun, a bright spot on the parhelic circle caused by diffraction by ice crystals.

Here are some more examples:

Ed: fixed links
Just my 2 Euro cents

[edit on 18/11/2008 by internos]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Clouds can do some funny things as you will see in this picture i took this year in my back yard

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
That's called sun dogs
It's a natural phenomenon and it's beautiful to look at.

Pictures from wikipedia:

A sun dog or sundog (scientific name parhelion, plural parhelia, for "beside the sun") is a common bright circular spot on a solar halo. It is an atmospheric optical phenomenon primarily associated with the reflection or refraction of sunlight by small ice crystals making up cirrus or cirrostratus clouds. Often, two sun dogs can be seen (one on each side of the sun) simultaneously.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit] Oh internos beat me to it

[edit on 18-11-2008 by Deaf Alien]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Wowie Mr.Big Shot!.. You just crushed my dreams I thought it could be something their.lol.. Cool pics though!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Yes, that's very impressive to see with the naked eye: it looks like a big sun and a smaller one, and the ring is less obvious than is in these pictures.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Very interesting!!!

The 2nd little Sun looks too bright to be part of the bigger one at that distance.
Unless things look differently near the equator

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by seabisquit

lol what photos from nasa? So we're to believe it's gone from only being seen in Antarctica to being visible up around the equator now?

I hope you are joking around, I really do...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by seabisquit

lol what photos from nasa? So we're to believe it's gone from only being seen in Antarctica to being visible up around the equator now?

I hope you are joking around, I really do...

Are you waiting for some reply? lolol
These people joke with stars and planets, nothing to see here: their ignorance says all.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I was kinda hoping they might have replied.

Would have been interesting to see the reply

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Nibiru Again! Wow! *jaw drops*

How many times do these folks have to get it so embarrassingly WRONG before they start to reassess their willingness to believe in absolute bunk? *scratches head*

I think the definition of Nibiru needs to be changed at Wikipedia to "anything that glows".

IRM

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just a quick question.....how high and how big are these Ice Crystals that make up a Sun Dog???

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by booda

They're very small and typically at around 30,000ft to 60,000ft

Cirrus and other high altitude clouds - and aircraft contrails - are all comprised of ice crystals.

www.atoptics.co.uk...
www.atoptics.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join