It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Chemicals Blamed for Gulf War Illness

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Those are some interesting claims I will have to do some research on that and get back to you.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
this doctor has a wealth of info on it. he's been researching and treating it since the gulf war: Garth Nicholson, PHD.
ncchem.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
oh and here is a really good one:

gulf war syndrome and mycoplasma
www.gulfwarvets.com...

this is interesting:

Testimony of Dr. Garth L. Nicolson before the Senate Committee on Government Reform
www.gulfwarvets.com...

[edit on 19-11-2008 by undo]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

Thank you for your sympathy. My son was actually kept alive and survives today. I believe this has everything to do with his being born in a private health care hospital as well as modern technology.

He was born 4 months early and we are now left sorting out what long term issues are due to prematurity, exposure from me, or who knows what??

My wife's doctor to this day has no explanation. He happened to be the doc on duty when we showed up at the hospital in labor. He was utterly shocked. Normally if a woman is going into premature labor she'll have a host of symptoms, high blood pressure, bleeding, cramping, etc.

I have submitted all of this info to the VA along with my son's and wife's med. records. My VSO requested documentation and further inquiry into the matter by the VA. That was last January. They refuse to address the matter at all.

At least if they would start a database we would have some idea of how many are being affected.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ObamasLoveChild

That's strange, did you ever press for more information from the VA after last January?

Also do you see any effects that this may have had on your son?

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Yes, I send them periodic updates on his health. They have never acknowledged him at all. I have not tried to talk to an actual person. I have yet to get a responsive, intelligent human being to answer the phone for the VA.

I have had a disability claim filed since January as well, for GWS. I just received my C and P exam (Standard for any who files a claim. I explained my sons situation, and inquired about other vets in my situation. He responded that he had 'no information' pertaining to Gulf War Vet children.

That's been about the extent of the VA's response.

As far as my son's health, he has muscle tone issues as well as GERD and some general problems with his thyroid. He is very small for his age, but this can be expected and explained away by his prematurity.

As you may know the VA will take any opportunity to explain away someone's illness, in my son's case his prematurity is an easy culprit.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ObamasLoveChild

That's just sick, isn't there someone you could go to about this?

I am sure there are plenty of cases like yours. Returning soldiers after doing there rightful duty are swept under the carpet for America to forget. It's sad that all the freedoms they fought so hard to protect are then striped from them when they return home.

-Ign0RanT

[edit on 21-11-2008 by Ign0rant]

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

I have been reading through some of the material you linked to but no where do I see reference to the Japanese tick borne encephalitis vaccine.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

i did that bit of research myself.
what inoculations did they receive for deployment.
what pills were they given.

it's interesting how i arrived at my conclusions.
first, i developed (10 years after the coma) breast cancer.
after surgery and 3 months of chemotherapy,
i also developed type 2 diabetes, my vision degraded from 20-20 to so bad i need bifocals to read, and i developed immediate and horrible neuropathy in my extremeties and all this happened at the very end of the chemotherapy (which kills replicating cells? ).

the condition worsened to the point i couldn't pick up a cup or pour myself a glass of water or take lids off things that were already open. i could barely walk, and my joints didn't want to obey my commands. so i started searching the net for data on my symptoms. i found a yahoo group discussing treatment and alternative therapies for LYMES DISEASE. the symptoms were nearly identical. lymes disease is caused by mycoplasms being carried by ticks.

after a bit more research, i found that lymes and gulf war syndrome have similar symptoms. and later, i found out they had given the vets JAPANESE TICK BORNE ENCEPHALITIS vaccines. that's when the pieces started to fall into place.

now i could be totally wrong about all this. i may have gotten it from some other source, although the neurologists who treated me during the coma episode said that the odds of me contracting that particular problem in their particular state (utah) were extremely high. so high in fact that it was in the vicinity of a million to 1.

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Wow you went in depth into that research good job

I want to see what else I can find.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

hubby was there, and he has his shot record.
he got the vaccine. i think it was an accident, to be honest.
i don't think they knew the little buggers were even there, since
they don't show up on viral or bacterial screen tests.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I am a female gulf war veteran and I have tons of problems and that includes two children with birth defects. The first child has cysts on her pineal gland (located in her brain) and the second one was born with what some doctors have called the start of a cleft palate (missing some bone in the top gum) and several stray eyelashes on her eyelid. I know these are minor defects, but I am not sure what will show up later in their lives. The first child also has a lot of allergies. I personally had a lot of health problems when I was in the desert and when I got out I asked for my medical records. All the stateside records were there, but all my records from desert storm were supposedly destroyed in the Oaklahoma City bombing (this is what I was told). I am hoping that I can at least get the government to provide me with some answers and some health care for me and my kids.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join