It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Hand Gestures at G20 Summit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I just got an e-mail from my Mom. I have pasted her observations here for comment. I myself did not see the footage. Does anyone know how to obtain the footage from CSPAN or some other site? I have been all over YouTube and I have not found this particular footage, but I am pretty new here and I don't know all the ropes.

Originally in an e-mail from my mom
I saw the very tail-end of that world summit meeting Bush held, about what to do for the economic crisis we're all in the middle of. During their walk-off, I noticed something weird. Bear with me here.

As they were walking off the "stage", I saw the UAR leader, forgot his name, make a very clear gesture with his left hand. His arm moved to almost straight down and, near the bottom of the swing, his hand, now in a palm-down position, made a clear downward chop to the left. It was almost like a twitch, or a jerky motion while fixing the inside of your sleeve, but too carefully done for that. It was a slight movement, and I would probably have forgotten about it immediately but for one thing.

President Bush was also leaving the meeting, and was a few feet ahead of the one in robes. A moment after I saw HIM make the gesture, I saw Bush make the exact same gesture, again with his left hand, in precisely the same way.

Needless to say, I went on a rampage, looking for Arabic hand gesture meanings. Lo, and behold, I found an entire sign language that the Arabs use in conjunction with verbal communication, in order to converse secretly with certain people in a group, while carrying on a conversation with everyone. I am now sitting here, wondering why our president is making secret Arabic hand gestures on the world stage??

Can anyone help me find corroboration of this?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well did she happen to mention what the meaning of the hand gesture was? I would be interested to know.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesterMan
Well did she happen to mention what the meaning of the hand gesture was? I would be interested to know.

I think she is still researching it.

I told her it is very likely a Secret Service /security protocol; they were responding to messages in their earbuds with pre-determined hand signals.

But I'd love to get the footage and see for myself.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by OuttaHere]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hmm...

Sounds interesting to say the least. Keep us posted as to what you can dig up.

top topics

join