It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
well, i guess after years of being treated as a sub-human, denied equal rights, physically assaulted and killed for being born who we are, I guess we've decided we've had enough. Thats what happens when you suppress a group of people and deny them their equal rights. Reap what you sow.

Can I ask you a question? You insinuate that you were born gay,
meaning you were born with a sexual preference to the
same gender, right?

Does this mean that people who have sexual preferences that differ from the "norm of society" are born this way?

Does this mean that people who sexually prefer children are born that way?
Does it mean that people who sexually prefer animals are born that way?

If your answer is yes, than does that mean you are in favor of the above-stated people having the same rights as you do or wish to have?

Are you in favor of a pedophile being able to legally have sex with children?
Are you in favor of a person being able to legally marry a dog or pig or cow?

I can't speak for governmentsecrets, but I'll give my opinion on this.

Being born with attracted to a different gender is not the same as being born attracted to animals or children.

Someone who is attracted to a different gender seeks out someone of the same gender that is a consenting adult. Pedophiles prey on children because of a control and power fetish, and obviously children are neither mature nor are they a consenting, intelligent adult of society.

The same goes for those with a beastiality fetish. Animals are not consenting, intelligent adults of society, therefore the same logical reasoning does not apply.

Under secular law, a child or an animal would not be able to execute laws and privelages afforded to married couples in a reasonable manner, therefore, once again there is no way that pedophelia and beastiality would apply to secular marriage laws.

Is that not obvious?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

There's no demand in Scotland, at least, for Sons to be allowed to marry Mothers. And polygamy, certainly this side of the pond, is almost unheard of.

But there is a groundswell of opinion, from gays & straights alike, which states that homosexuals should be accorded the same rights through civil partnerships that their heterosexual peers enjoy.

No special rights, no uncommon privileges. Just equality before the law.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by holyTerror

Originally posted by governmentsecrets
well, i guess after years of being treated as a sub-human, denied equal rights, physically assaulted and killed for being born who we are, I guess we've decided we've had enough. Thats what happens when you suppress a group of people and deny them their equal rights. Reap what you sow.

Can I ask you a question? You insinuate that you were born gay,
meaning you were born with a sexual preference to the
same gender, right?

Does this mean that people who have sexual preferences that differ from the "norm of society" are born this way?

Does this mean that people who sexually prefer children are born that way?
Does it mean that people who sexually prefer animals are born that way?

If your answer is yes, than does that mean you are in favor of the above-stated people having the same rights as you do or wish to have?

Are you in favor of a pedophile being able to legally have sex with children?
Are you in favor of a person being able to legally marry a dog or pig or cow?

I truly hope that you are being ironic.

Homosexuality is not abusing anyone. Consensual sex is not abuse.

Whether pedophiles are born that way or not is completely irrelevant to this debate.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

To me I think it would be the best way to handle it without bringing up any issue of sexuality. Basically anyone could designate another person in a binding contract. There's no issue of sex and it wouldn't set any kind of precedent in the future for advocates of bizarre marriages like someone wanting to marry their sheep or Cherry 3000.

[edit on 18/11/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Anti-Christian this, Anti-Christian that! This whole thread title is limiting. Its not just Christians that are anti-Gay Marriage. How do you think Muslims feel about it?

Again, I ask this question. What religion considers marriage between a man and a man or a woman and a woman sacred?

Gays and Lesbians are such attention whores. They've got equal rights under domestic partner laws but they GOT to HAVE the word "marriage" in there to piss off RELIGIONS.

Get over yourselves!

[edit on 18-11-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read in the U.S. Constitution where gays are unequal to everyone else? That should be the only question here. Whether or not you are for or against gay marriage does not matter.

I personally do not know if it is genetic or not. I do not want to see it in public and I don't want to see heterosexuals make out in public either. In the end it will be unconstitutional so get over it.

As far as going into someones "area" and preaching and praying and then getting your ass whipped, live with it. It is just as stupid as going to the Middle-East or any Muslim country and telling them they are wrong. It is none of your business.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonvexatious

I am not the one disapproving of their lifestyle. Jesus is.

Romans1:25 "They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator - who is forever praised, Amen.

Romns 1;26 "Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts, Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion.

1 Corinthians 6:18 "Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? "You are not your own; you were brought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body!"

There are other scriptures I could list but you get the point. It is wrong in the eyes of the Lord. Always has been and always will be.

Grandma

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

i'm interested in your opinion on mikeboyds suggestion in that case, would that be a full enough level of equality before the law to satisfy you wishes?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by dalek

The obvious problem with this scene is that there is hypocrisy from the community that demands equal rights. Well, freedom of speech is one of them. What is wrong with two opposing idea's expressing it in a non-violent way? What I am saying is that the people who oppose the lifestyle of homosexuality should be allowed to pray, or hope, or speak about what they feel is right. What I see is a bunch of biased opinions from a gay supporter bashing those who oppose the ideas, or the other side that are intolerable to the gay community just bashing them because they think that is right.. As a Christian I love even those who go against my belief of lifestyle, for who am I to judge?

Living in Ca, I have seen plenty of people with 'yes on 8', and 'no on 8'. Not many understand what the real meaning is. Gays in Ca have all the rights that a married straight couple have. Tax exemptions, tax write-offs, and what else comes with being married. Now, how can the gay community say they don't have the same rights, when they do? Prop 8 was really an issue of being recognized as being "married", verses being in a "union". The bottom line was the terminology. Why is it then ok for the gay community to change the definition of a word that explicitly was a marriage between a man and a woman? And besides that it is a term from the bible, the very thing that doesn't condone homosexuality? All in all I think that it is a petty act being performed by a smaller group trying to change it for the majority. It just doesn't make sense legally or realistically.

In no way is this intended to be perceived as hate, but there will undoubtedly be someone out there bashing me because I am simply expressing my opinion.

Hope you all have a blessed day. Gay and straight alike.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

Ok...so I have seen nothing new hear...the Christians have done the same thing to fight for what they believe in...so has any other group of people who's beliefs have peaceful AND violent representatives...gangs are not gangs by the ideals that motivate them...gangs are just a title put to those in a group of like-minded individuals with the same cause to fight for. Wasn't it gangs of people who started the american revolution? wasn't it conflict that we turned to every time we we're pushed into a corner? here..gay people are the ones who are fighting for their rights as people, just as anybody did in the past...and just like anyone in the past, those who look to them as "wrong" will be considered outdated antiques of an era gone by...that's why we evolve..physically and emotionally...and why Christians DON'T evolve...they don;t believe in evolution! how could they move forward with progress??

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by Helmkat

Yes, the next time I talk with Jesus I will ask him to come to you and show you himself what I said. Never mind that all four gospels as well as Paul all said pretty much the same thing and that there are records in Rome that do prove that Jesus was here and crucified and that Paul was be headed in Rome by Nero. There is much history........one just needs to see after so many times of reading the same thing,.........it must be true,,,,,,,,,,,,plus never mind what your spirit is telling you during your time of study and alone time with the Saviour.

I chose to believe it. You may chose not. We are made with the gift of free will. Our creator made us that way. Just remember, it is your soul you are talking about, not mine.

Grandma

I bow down to the logic of your Zealotry. The circular logic of faith is a wonderous thing!

Carry on!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
what ever happened to non violent protesting? We are just feeding the needs for the new world order. AMERICA WAKE UP! HAVE WE LOST RESPECT FOR OUR OWN RACE?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I am not the one disapproving of their lifestyle. Jesus is.

Who was speaking in those verses you listed?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You know, Muslims hate homosexuals too, in fact in some Islamic countries they will happily kill you for such preferences.

Funny how these Californian nightmares only pick on the Christian faith.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

There was a woman who, some years ago, married the Berlin Wall.

Daily Telegraph (UK)

Not my preference, obviously, or that of most folks. So no, I'm not too keen on marrying an inanimate object, animal or anything else for that matter.

I like to think the debate on civil partnerships is akin to that point in the 1960's when blacks saw the introduction of major civil rights legislation in the US. That's what I hope here, that legislators will lead and that, eventually, majority public opinion will follow.

Had some fellow travellers confined the debate to civil partnerships rather than marriage I doubt this issue would be quite so contentious.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I do pray in privite.

As to Mary pouring the oil on Jesus' feel.......she was anointing Him for what was about to happen to him.....the disciples did not understand this at this point but Jesus knew what the meaning was.

Don't start giving me scripture as I am a very avid bible scholar and have been a Christian over 30 years. I know my bible my friend.

Grandma

I'm not talking about Mary. I'm talking about the lady who poured the oil on his head, the same his apostles were about to rebuke for being "non-standard". He said... basically let her be, she believes what she is doing is right.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh
You know, Muslims hate homosexuals too, in fact in some Islamic countries they will happily kill you for such preferences.

I pick on any faith which maintains a bigoted position.

It's one thing to say "If you want to be a member of the FSM Church you have to do these things, and refrain from these others"

it's a whole different thing for a faith to declare war on a perfectly fine way of life that others live.

It is never OK to tell someone else how to live, unless of course you are responding to someone who is telling you how to live (i.e. bugger off)

[edit on 18-11-2008 by HunkaHunka]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Niall197

i meant this idea.

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
I think the idea of legally binded committed relationships is probably the best route to go with this. Legal contracts could then be drawn up that encompass the concept of a dependent that could be a person who is older that requires care but isn't a blood relative, the same for a child being cared for by a guardian, or designates of a relationship who has various legal rights in regards to the contract. In a sense it would be available to anyone male, female, young, old, straight or gay to create a legally binding contract with another human, giving them status as guardian, dependent, or cooperative status. It could be called a Civil Cooperative Contract.

I think this would alleviate all of the concerns I have seen on here, e.g. the

sorry for the rip

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been mentioned,but isn't the fact that the gay's were chanting 'shame on you' important?

To me this brings up questions about what the Christians were singing/saying.

I don't agree with any kinda violence and find it hypocritical of these 'gay radicals' to 'attack' people when they themselves are fighting intolerance and bigotry.

There is obviously more to this story.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Funny how this thread is about something that happened in California between homosexuals and Christian conservatives, and has nothing to do with Muslims and Muslim nations.

Perhaps that's why the topic has centered around Christians and gays in California?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join