Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaintlyMic

No, I do NOT have to accept the so called "right" of a homosexual to practice homosexuality.
This so called "right' is not a "right' at all.
There is NOTHING right about homosexual behavior, and that is why you and your homosexual cohorts reject Jesus Christ and those of us who are Christians.

I'm sorry but you do have to respect that right. That is part of responsibility as a citizen in a secular society. Lady Liberty is a testament to the peoples freedom, the very thing that the USA is supposed to stand for and that includes a person's right to practise consensual homosexuality.

The laws and rules regarding liberty as set to be fair and balanced. If you christians managed to outlaw homosexuality, we would be unjustly favouring christainity over all the other religions (and lack thereof) that make secular society the mosaic of peoples that it is. It would be the same as persecution and discrimination.

[edit on 30/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Sexual identity and sexual preference is a fact of birth, its hard wired, the differences in individuals can be studied by scientists, and its a crime against humanity to even talk like that. God created everyone equally. The ancient, lacking of medical knowledge, thousands of year old, scriptures ARE WRONG. But it doesn't matter. The laws of the land are completely separate from anyones Bibles. They are secular and based on the medical knowledge and modern knowledge. So yes you have to accept everyone's sexual preferences, providing it is amongst consenting adults, nor may you oppose anyone chosing to marry their own sex or exercise any of their equal rights under the law. If you do, you should be charged for it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Directed at SaintlyMic

nor may you oppose anyone chosing to marry their own sex or exercise any of their equal rights under the law. If you do, you should be charged for it.

Yeah! And if you don't like it then leave. If you can't respect freedom then you don't deserve to live in the secular world.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Good Wolf

No, I do NOT have to accept the so called "right" of a homosexual to practice homosexuality.
This so called "right' is not a "right' at all.
There is NOTHING right about homosexual behavior, and that is why you and your homosexual cohorts reject Jesus Christ and those of us who are Christians.

I'm sorry but you do have to respect that right. That is part of responsibility as a citizen in a secular society. Lady Liberty is a testament to the peoples freedom, the very thing that the USA is supposed to stand for and that includes a person's right to practise consensual homosexuality.

No, I do NOT.
If I ACCEPT homosexuality as a right of the individual it would go against EVERYTHING JESUS REPRESENTS.

You ask me to DENY Jesus and then ACCEPT homosexual behavior when you ask that I RECOGNIZE the right of a person to practice homosexuality.
All I am required to do is accept the person as a person.
I am not required to accept what they DO.
DOING homosexuality is wrong, and if I should receive it then I would be going against my right to reject it.

This whole homosexual thing tries to take away the rights of the Christian to BE A CHRISTIAN.
But, what do you care, so long as everyone accepts homosexual behavior as a right.

Anyone has a right in the USA to DO as they wish, as long as it does not harm another or the person doing it.
But, we are not required under any law to have to accept what a person does if it impedes on my own rights as a Christian.

This is why homosexuals HATE Christians and Christianity itself.
Because TRUE Christianity recognizes that homosexual behavior is neither right nor a right of an individual to try to MAKE of FORCE what they want to do on those who are Christians.

You say, "Accept homosexual behavior, or you are stepping on the rights of the homosexual".
I say, "I accept the homosexual as a person, as I should, but I have the right to reject that which they DO because Jesus tells me it is WRONG"!

[edit on 12/1/2008 by SaintlyMic]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Directed at SaintlyMic

nor may you oppose anyone chosing to marry their own sex or exercise any of their equal rights under the law. If you do, you should be charged for it.

Yeah! And if you don't like it then leave. If you can't respect freedom then you don't deserve to live in the secular world.

Everyone, please notice that I did not say what was in the quotes above.
It was Good Wolf's OPPINION.

Both Christians and non-christians alike have rejected the notion Good Wolf quoted.
This is proof by the democratic process to pass prop 8!
The people, as a whole, do NOT accept your notion.
And, Christians are not required to accept homosexual marriage as a "right" of the homosexual!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaintlyMic
No, I do NOT.
If I ACCEPT homosexuality as a right of the individual it would go against EVERYTHING JESUS REPRESENTS.

You ask me to DENY Jesus and then ACCEPT homosexual behavior when you ask that I RECOGNIZE the right of a person to practice homosexuality.
DOING homosexuality is wrong, and if I should receive it then I would be going against my right to reject it.

I didn't say you had to accept it. You just have to respect peoples right to do as they wish. Otherwise, you're no better than the Nazis.

[edit on 30/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

May I suggest you read about the tyranny of the majority? Just because a majority votes for it doesn't mean it's OK. Take slavery - the majority of folks wanted it but clearly it was a bad idea. By your logic we should be able to buy and sell people as we want.

But then the bible said that was OK, so I can understand why you think it's OK. Nasty stuff.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

No, I do NOT.

I didn't say you had to accept it. You just have to respect peoples right to do as they wish.

I do not have to respect the ACT of homosexuality when it impedes upon my own rights as a Christian.
That is where you are completely wrong.
This is one great reason why both Christians and non-christians alike voted for prop 8.
The people, as a whole, recognize that the notion that we have to recognize homosexuality as a right has no good for anyone.

It is people like you that want to force upon us your HOPE and your DESIRE that people must accept what a homosexual person does.
Prop 8 shows that the very few homosexuals out there are not going to tell us what to accept nor what to believe.

And, this bothers you to no end.
Too bad.
You could be believing in Jesus who CARES and LOVES you (just as I do), but you would rather trust in a people who are running from God.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

No, I do NOT.

Here, we have a problem. What you think Jesus stands for would make him a fascist.

I somehow doubt that if Jesus existed, he'd have a problem with what people do behind closed doors to express LOVE.

So clearly you've either been lied to, and Jesus didn't have a problem with it.
Or Jesus was a fascist who wants to enforce strict control of how you are allowed to express love.

I'm leaning more to the idea that you've been lied to.

The ultimate problem, is that you are assuming you know what these figures and god wants, because you read it in a book.

The book was written by men... edited by men... revised by men...

See where the common issue is?

Men lie.

Let's re-iterate.

Men lie.
Men wrote the bible, claiming to know what god wants.
You assume these men aren't lying.

Why?

Why do you assume the men who wrote the bible weren't lying?

God told you?
God doesn't intervene... it's written.
But clearly he would have intervened in order to tell people he doesn't.

See... when things start contradicting themselves like this... you can be sure whoever made these lies up weren't omnipotent.
So whoever made these lies up, wasn't god.

So whatever you've been reading...

... guess what...

It's a lie.

You think you're obeying god, and Jesus.

All you're doing is obeying a few people who wrote a book, and lied to you claiming they know what god and Jesus wants.

NO HUMAN CAN KNOW WHAT A GOD WANTS UNTIL THEY ARE DEAD.
ANYONE TRYING TO CLAIM OTHERWISE IS LYING TO YOU.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

I do not have to respect the ACT of homosexuality when it impedes upon my own rights as a Christian.

Homosexuality does no such thing. That's preposterous. And you don't have rights as a christian, you have rights as a citizen. Christianity matters for naught. Or do you believe that you are somehow better than other people?

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

May I suggest you read about the tyranny of the majority? Just because a majority votes for it doesn't mean it's OK. Take slavery - the majority of folks wanted it but clearly it was a bad idea. By your logic we should be able to buy and sell people as we want.

But then the bible said that was OK, so I can understand why you think it's OK. Nasty stuff.

I never said the MAJORITY is always right.
You said that; I did not.

What I did say, is because of our democratic process, that it is revealed that the majority of the people are resisting the homosexual BELIEF that we MUST accept what they DO.
This is what has angered the homosexuals.

And, in this case of prop 8, the majority IS RIGHT!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   

If Jesus cares for everyone, why did God make about 10% gay? Sounds like a bit of a dick to me.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

What I did say, is because of our democratic process, that it is revealed that the majority of the people are resisting the homosexual BELIEF that we MUST accept what they DO.

This is where you will always be wrong. You are not a homosexual (I would hope) and I will tell you that I care not what you accept. Your acceptance is some form of a holier-than-thou permission you apparently believe is bestowed upon you to give or refuse to homosexuals. Bluntly put, homosexuals don't give a care about what you accept, they simply want to be left alone and allowed to live their life.

Any personal issues on your side at that point are just that; your personal issues.

That you don't accept them, or that you feel you have the right to determine what they do on their own time with their own free will? Believe it or not, they get that same free will that you get.

And look how much money it took to convince people of it. Amazing. I forget that in order for people to do right, you have to convince them real hard, with as much threat of eternal damnation as you can muster and get good spots in between the choice sitcom of the day for commercials to push it. Because they would never just be able to distinguish right from wrong on their own without a bunch of religious types ramming it through their heads continuously before the big vote, right?

Impressive.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Homosexuality does no such thing. That's preposterous. And you don't have rights as a christian, you have rights as a citizen. Christianity matters for naught. Or do you believe that you are somehow better than other people?

I in no way think nor believe that I am better than anyone else.
I am better off, since I believe and trust in what God tells us is right and wrong.

You, on the other hand, only go on your gut instinct on what YOU THINK is right or wrong.
Therefore, I am most definitely BETTER OFF than you, because I am CONFIDENT and I KNOW where I am going when the life of my body passes away.
Do you?

As a citizen of the great USA I have the right to BE a Christian.
This means that if I cannot accept that which is wrong because it would go against who I am, then I do not have to accept that thing.
It just so happens that homosexuality is not anything I can accept as a Christian.
By you and others DEMANDING that I have to accept homosexuals for what they do, you are asking me to give up my right to reject it.
I, in no way, have to accept homosexual behavior by any law.
I do accept a homosexual as a person.
That is all I'm required to accept by law.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Well, what a few men wrote in a book while lying about hearing god and putting words in Jesus' mouth... this isn't law.

And thank god for that, we'd still be burning people on suspicion of witchcraft.

Again, You're mistaking what a few power hungry authors said to be the defining line between right and wrong.

FREEDOM and LIBERTY is RIGHT.
FASCISM is WRONG.

What you are preaching, is fascism.

I don't care what they do in the bedroom.
Are you forced to watch?
Are you forced to participate?
Are you a victim of homosexuality?
NO, of course you're not.

So where's your issue?
Do you just get your jollies on the idea of dictating what people can do to express their love for each other?

Does that make you happy?

How far would you go to enforce non-homosexuality?
Would you round them up?
Shove them in an oven? Gas chamber?

How can you possibly enforce what you're preaching?
You can't!

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Jesus doesn't address this issue directly. Its all the others around him that do.
Homophobic reactions are gender oriented so it makes men feel uncomfortable, and society has been patriarchal by and large for many thousands of years. These things written are merely customs and the political flavor of the time. And they were divorced from medical knowledge. But today, many years later, there is no excuse for modern people to pour over these ancient scripts and ignore their own common sense, their intellect, and modern science to keep myths that need be shelved alive. Its really frightening.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by mystiq]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Alright. Good. You have got this 'citizen' concept now.

As a citizen of the great USA, you also have the right to BE a homosexual. You chose not to and that is fine. But some people are homosexual and have ever right to be as a citizen of the great USA!

You have no right to take that away from them because you are not better than they are.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

This is where you will always be wrong. You are not a homosexual (I would hope) and I will tell you that I care not what you accept. Your acceptance is some form of a holier-than-thou permission you apparently believe is bestowed upon you to give or refuse to homosexuals. Bluntly put, homosexuals don't give a care about what you accept, they simply want to be left alone and allowed to live their life.

Any personal issues on your side at that point are just that; your personal issues.

That you don't accept them, or that you feel you have the right to determine what they do on their own time with their own free will? Believe it or not, they get that same free will that you get.

And look how much money it took to convince people of it. Amazing. I forget that in order for people to do right, you have to convince them real hard, with as much threat of eternal damnation as you can muster and get good spots in between the choice sitcom of the day for commercials to push it. Because they would never just be able to distinguish right from wrong on their own without a bunch of religious types ramming it through their heads continuously before the big vote, right?

Impressive.

Whatever, Ms. Bush...
I NEVER said I reject the homosexual.
I said I reject what they DO.
Big difference.

No one is ramming anything upon you.
That was the same attitude of the sodomites.
They said to Lot, "...now you think to be our judge...".
You and homosexuals have the same mentality as those of Sodom.

I have in no way pushed anything about God on ATS.
Quite the opposite.
I have SHARED to TRUTH concerning God and what HE says is right or wrong.
But, what you and others who agree with you are trying to do is push on me that I have to accept homosexual behavior.

I already said many times on ATS that I receive the homosexual, but I do NOT receive their homosexual behavior.
Get your facts straight.
I never once said I do not accept the homosexual as a person.

Just because I speak against the homosexual ACT, all of you think you have to descend upon me like a pack of wolves.
Again, the same mentality as the sodomites.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   

I have in no way pushed anything about God on ATS.
Quite the opposite.
I have SHARED to TRUTH concerning God and what HE says is right or wrong.

Wrong.

You're sharing what is CLAIMED to be the word of god, by the Authors of the bible.

You're assuming they weren't lying.

And who the heck cares if you think we resemble someone from a fictitious city that was fabled to have been destroyed.
I don't.

I KNOW that dictating to people who they are allowed to love, and how they are allowed to love them is just plain wrong.

Personally, I don't believe that fascists should be allowed to breed, make love, or have relations at all... and yes, I view you as a fascist.

Am I going to try to enact it as law?
No of course not.

Know why?

Because I REFUSE TO BE A FASCIST.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Alright. Good. You have got this 'citizen' concept now.

As a citizen of the great USA, you also have the right to BE a homosexual. You chose not to and that is fine. But some people are homosexual and have ever right to be as a citizen of the great USA!

You have no right to take that away from them because you are not better than they are.

Ha!
I ALREADY had the concept from the start.
What?
Are you just now seeing this?

As a citizen of the USA you DO have the right to be a homosexual PERSON, but you do NOT have the right to say other citizens must accept your homosexual behavior as a right nor a right thing to do.
And, that is exactly what the motive and the agenda of the homosexual is at this time.
Homosexuals are trying to push what they DO because they say that is what makes them who they are.

If what they DO is who they are, then who they are is very empty.
Sad.

I have friends who are homosexual, and none of them try to push on me what you people are trying to push on me!

My homosexual friends and I have an understanding...
They do as they wish and they KNOW I hate it.
FARE!
And, they let me do as I wish concerning the Lord, and I KNOW they hate that.
We get along just fine.
They KNOW where I stand, and I KNOW where they stand, but they do NOT try to push homosexuality, nor do they throw it in my face like you people are doing!

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48 >>

join