It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sparks Fly As 'Gay" Activist Mob Swarms Christians

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
This is why in a democracy, state and religion must be separate at all time, and anyone who quotes ancient biblical passages as a way to try and deprive the human being standing before them of human rights for conditions of birth, ahd this truly has already been determined medically, then they had better chose the person, or they have betrayed the real God within that person. Separation of Church and State means Christians, Muslims, whomever, have no right to try and hijack portions of government to push their agendas through.

We have EVERY right [SNIP]

Their IS no separation of church and state NONE

You have no clue about it so quit pontificating your hate speech about Christians and so called "walls" of separation when the ONLY separation you need to worry about is YOUR separation from GoD

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30-11-2008 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Servigistics

Originally posted by jakyll

Any chance that you might add the links to this extensive and pointless quotes?

It is,after all,in the rules.

Look boys, it's obvious you don't give hoot about the rules when you don't care about the rule of law or what the supreme court says in that bill

Soooo....you are saying that you will not answer the questions put forth, (because you cannot) so you will deflect and move on to a new rant? You were asked two things-

1 Show the documents that state this is a Christian Nation. Not random quotes about people's personal beliefs. Show any document stating that this is a Christian nataion.

2 I believe you were also asked for the sources to your quotes.

you can pull this stuff on other people all you like but I refuse to even pretend to read the rest of your posts until you address the questions that you are already avoiding.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
I am however a Christian I.E. Christ's follower and his word says homosexuality is wrong.

Where? You showed us where he says a man should go and get a wife but not where he said that homosexuality is wrong. Please provide that.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

This was a Christian Nation but that time is almost over. Sin has run rampant across the globe and it is a very scary place now.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

It is totally a choice. When a man physicly touches another man sexually he makes a choice to do so.

Yes it is a choice. It's just as much as a choice a when a man decides to touch a woman sexually. So that hardly matters. The thing that does matter is attraction. A gay man cannot chose not to be attracted to men but instead be attracted to women. It doesn't happen, it would require recalibrating the entire hormonal system which would lead to some awful side effects.

Homosexuality is natural. Paedophilia isn't.

It isn't because it is a product of brain damage. At least that's what wikipedia explains. It's a sickness that causes sexual tension to vent in such a manner.

Homosexuality isn't caused by such a sickness, it's a natural thing. Hundreds of other animals experience sexuality blurring and it is especially common in great apes. Bobonos for instance are all (100%!) bisexual.

Now as for the bible saying it's wrong, you should take that up with jakyll ans she'll set you strait on that one.

[edit on 30/11/2008 by Good Wolf]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Servigistics

This is not true. Separation of Church and State is fundamental to US, Canadian, and world wide democracy. The constitutions protect all people of all sexes, and conditions and religion beliefs and race from all form of abuse and control. It is fascism, just as Sharia Law is, and its not legal.

Another thing, please please please, wake up from your 2000-6000 year old slumber and start to upgrade your faith.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iblis Smiley

He set the standard for relationships with that statement alone. Jesus does say that sex is for marriage alone and that marriage is for a man and his wife. So hit me with another one.

Let's try this approach then. What happens when a man has an orgasm? Sperm is released. Do you disagree with that statement? Sperm's sole purpose is to fertilize an egg produced by a woman. Do you disagree with that statement? Given the biology of it all it would appear that the purpose for sex is to fertilize eggs and reproduce. Do you disagree with that statement? Given these facts about sperm and fertilization and reproduction I think it's safe to assume that sex is designed for reproduction and only reproduction. Yes sex feels good, if it didn't we would not do it, but two men having sex together does not produce any fertilization or reproduction therefore homosexuality is not natural. For those sensitive lesbians on here I'm refering to homosexuals in an inclusive sense including you lesbians.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Given the biology of it all it would appear that the purpose for sex is to fertilize eggs and reproduce. Do you disagree with that statement?

No because you are missing a salient piece of information. Men and women have bit's and pieces that have the sole purpose of bringing pleasure to the individual.

The idea that sex's sole purpose is for reproduction is foolhardy, as it is biology that informs us that it has a social function among animals. In chimps like us for instance, it is used as a bonding thing, or as social leverage.

If it did have the sole purpose of reproduction, then we would only need to reproduce once or twice in a lifetime. Doesn't make much sense then that we have the active drives for sex that we do does it?

Of course same-sex acts aren't the only thing that get's in the way reproduction either. Contraception does. And what about barren women and infertile men? Are you asking them to refrain from sex because they cannot reproduce?

therefore homosexuality is not natural
No. Just plain no. It's produced by nature so it's natural, period.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Good Wolf

I don't think anyone can "Set me Straight" on the Bible. The Bible is clear on it's stand on homosexuality.

Show me a non biased study that proves homosexuality for sexual pleasure in the animal kingdom. When animals commit homosexual acts it's a show of dominance.

I still do not see the difference between the arguement pedophiles use and the arguement homosexuals use. It's the same arguement. Pedophiles claim to be only attracted to younger people and homosexuals claim to only be attracted to the same sex. It's the same arguement. Why is a 30 year old man with a consenting 17 year old girl wrong but two men or two women together fine?
Let's use your logic for a moment. Ever had a dog hump your leg? Was he sexually excited or showing dominence? That aside if he humps you and you bend over and aid him by having sex with him you've just committed bestiality. Both parties were willing were they not. Ever try and pet a dog that did not want to be petted? I doubt it, I would imagine that the same thing applies to sex with one as well. Sounds absurd doesn't it. But hey it's an attraction thing. Why do you think it's fine to be attracted to the same sex but not fine to be attracted to someone much younger or to an animal?
You yourself said it's all about attraction did you not? You said gay men are only attracted to other men. There are people that are only attracted to children and animals.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

It's not produced by nature, it is produced by confused people and encouraged by heathans.

Given your logic, every now and then two headed snakes and kittens and souch are born. Are they natural, no, something went wrong.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Ahem.

Causes of pedophilia:

Beginning in 2002, other researchers, most notably Canadian sexologists James Cantor and Ray Blanchard and their colleagues, began reporting a series of findings linking pedophilia with brain structure and function: Pedophilic (and hebephilic) men have lower IQs,[29][30][3] poorer scores on memory tests,[29] greater rates of non-right-handedness,[29][3][31][32] greater rates of school grade failure over and above the IQ differences,[33] lesser physical height,[34] greater probability of having suffered childhood head injuries resulting in unconsciousness,[35][36] and several differences in MRI-detected brain structures.[37][38][39] They report that their findings suggest that there are one or more neurological characteristics present at birth that cause or increase the likelihood of being pedophilic. Evidence of familial transmittability "suggests, but does not prove that genetic factors are responsible" for the development of pedophilia.[40]

Another study, using structural MRI, shows that pedophilic men have a lower volume of white matter than non-sexual criminals.
wiki

It's produced by all sorts of brain issues, and is harmful to the young that it affects. Yet homosexuality is neither of these things. Homosexuality is no more harmful than heterosexuality.

Observed homosexuality in animals:

Homosexual behavior in animals refers to the documented evidence of homosexual or transgender behavior in non-human animals. Such behaviors include sex, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting. Homosexual and bisexual behavior are widespread in the animal kingdom: a 1999 review by researcher Bruce Bagemihl shows that homosexual behavior, though not necessarily sex, has been observed in close to 1500 species, ranging from primates to gut worms, and is well documented for 500 of them.[3][4] Animal sexual behavior takes many different forms, even within the same species. The motivations for and implications of these behaviors have yet to be fully understood, since most species have yet to be fully studied.[5]
wiki

It's found in nature a lot, it has plenty of function (unlike a deformed kitten snake) and it is plenty natural,

Period.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well my friend, I think we are at an impass on this one and perhaps need to agree to disagree.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   

What? That's it? That's a bit cowardly. I demonstrated that homosexuality is as natural (using biology- the same science you tried to prove your point with I might add) as anything and not inherently harmful or functionless anymore than heterosexuality is.

You believe that the bible speaks against homosexuality as a sin. I'm no scholar but that idea is highly debatable. The word homosexuality, for instance, is only 200 years old and has no analogue before 1800 in any language. It's the recent translations that opted to include this word.

Now as I said you will have to take it up with jakyll because she is WAAAY more versed on this bible stuff than I am, but I know my science, and I can catagorically tell you that science says nothing against homosexuality.

Your only real argument is that it is somehow immoral or of the 'flesh' from which you will source from the bible.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Christian Voice

Oh, you Godless heathans!

Ouch!

Gays seem to be fighting for the world to accept their immoral CHOICES so much that they are becoming violent.

Correction.
A small group of idiots are becoming violent.

The media and entertainment industry need to keep their agendas to themselves as do the homosexuals.

As should religion.Christian or otherwise.

Jesus says in the Bible that a man should leave his mother and father and cleave unto his wife.

Pretty sure he didn't.
God says in Genesis chapter 2 that woman came from man so they will cleave to each other.There is no should within the verse.Supporters of straight marriage only fail to quote Genesis chapter 1 where it clearly shows that man and woman were created at the same time.Meaning woman did not come from man....wonder why that verse is always ignored....

Jesus does say that sex is for marriage alone and that marriage is for a man and his wife.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say this.(the marriage is between a man and a woman i mean.)Unless you're taking it from those modern BS bibles.

If a 17 year old girl willingly accepts a 30 year old sex partner why is the 30 year old man wrong and has to register as a sex offender?

Up to the age of 12/13 only are you classed as a pedophile.From that age to 15yrs you are classed as a sex offender.After 16 you are over the age of consent.

Servigistics

Look boys, it's obvious you don't give hoot about the rules when you don't care about the rule of law or what the supreme court says in that bill

I'm a gal.You already know that Maintal.

Nice straw man JACK! Of course you know this being a Christian Nation like the Bill says would have a website. Yes the Congress still holds Church Services in the Capitol. Did you know they did that? I suppose you didn't learn that either did you.

But you didn't use it.You used some blog site instead.Whys that?

You have yet to answer the question put forth many many times by Iblis.State where it says in the Constitution that the US is a Christian only country.Don't quote personal views,quote from the actual documents themselves.They can be found in several places on line.

The fact that you have failed to do this shows how unstable your argument is.You go out of your way to deflect the debate,now you're rambling on about education for some reason,and it all continues to show your bigotry and lack of intelligence concerning your countries own Constitution.

Their IS no separation of church and state NONE

If this was true we wouldn't be having this debate and America would have a state religion.Which of the many christian faiths would that be?

[edit on 30-11-2008 by jakyll]

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I still do not see the difference between the arguement pedophiles use and the arguement homosexuals use. It's the same arguement. Pedophiles claim to be only attracted to younger people and homosexuals claim to only be attracted to the same sex. It's the same arguement.

No it really isn't.
Homosexuals do not have to break the law to have sex.They do not have to use force or violence to have sex.Pedophiles do.Pedophiles use lies and excuses to make their sickness seem acceptable.Pedophilia is not found in nature.You will not find a fully grown lion raping a 6 month old female.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sex may be the way in which reproduction occurs, but its just your opinion that it serves no other purpose. If that were the case, we would go into heat and it would be painful, instead of the wonderful, pleasurable, bonding gift it is. It serves quite a few purposes. We are over 90% related to chimpanzees, our closest cousins, in particular, to the Bonobo, a pigmy chimp that is the hippy amongst primates. With advanced social groupings, and particularly non-aggressive as some of the other primates are, it enjoys too much sex for its own good. God creates all of nature, is Present within its perfection, and only foolish people always attempt to rewrite nature and biology, or one up it.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Another thing, please please please, wake up from your 2000-6000 year old slumber and start to upgrade your faith.

Two words spring to mind...fat chance...

Thats beyond the means of many a Christian.

Like the new avatar btw.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Well, I'm a Christian, who definitely was horrified after reading the Bible, at what people were calling God, and equally horrified that in this day and age, they defended all the horrible actions and prejudices I'd read about. My childhood faith occurred with a feeling of Spirit within, and that is precious. But my faith is a lot stronger than a book depicting things in ancient times. I knew immediately the world is the scripture, the bible, the Church, and we had to respect and honor each other here in the real world, with Science and Medicine paving the way towards understanding the universe better. Upgrading faith out of the dark ages is not only intelligent, but you can't really be honoring God by honoring things that are not honorable.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Pretty sure he didn't.

OK here it is,

Matthew 19:4 - 6

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read that he who made them at the beginning made them male and female;
5 And said, for this cause shall a man leave father and mother and shall cleave to his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
6 Wherefore they are no more two, but one flesh. What, therefore, God hath joined together, let no man put assunder.

These were the words that Jesus himself spoke defining the marrital relationship.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

How can you claim to be a Christian (a follower of Christ ) but not believe the Bible? That in itself is an oxymoron.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join