It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming about death...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I felt that I needed to share this with the folks of ATS. I would like to consider your thoughts, feelings, and related experiences.

I had a dream last night. In the dream, I was at some sort of party with friends and family. I then noticed a cloud in the sky. It looked to me like a storm cloud. I went to an upper level of the house(? I don't know where I was) to get a better view. What I thought was a storm cloud was actually a mushroom cloud...I thought to myself for a moment, about what could have happened. I turned around, and all over the surrounding areas were gigantic mushroom clouds filling the sky. My heart dropped. I then heard screaming, so I looked up, and saw a metallic cylinder-shaped object in the sky. It was hovering above my location, almost directly overhead. It then shot out some sort of weapon, at a very quick speed, like forcing it down like a bullet almost...not like a rocket, where you would see the flames in the back. Then I turned my back to run, but everything went completely black, and I heard an intense ringing, which progressively got louder, until I woke up. Before waking up, I remember vividly thinking, "That was it?", in regard to life being so short, and death being so quick. It was incredibly unsettling and I feel I need to have some sort of discussion about it.

I didn't sleep much before or after that dream. I have heard that some folks think dreams can relate to your current life.

Does anyone have any thoughts on, why I may have had this dream.

And also, if you have had similar dreams, to where you feel what could only be described as death, or a 'frozen' or 'stopped' feeling.

Sorry if you felt this thread was a waste of your time, but I felt it was important for my mental health to get this out there. It really put me in an awful mood all day.

[edit on 11/17/08 by panda319]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I've had a similar dream about a year ago, I was out side with my family, when all of a sudden a nuclear bomb exploded in the distance, as I looked the effects of the bomb got closer. the next thing I remember is flames speeding toward me, all the while i knew what it was and that I was going to die. I awoke, but not really in fear, but in awe of what had happened.

I have dreamed of dieing many times, I think it might be an ending to something in your life, good or bad.............Maybe an ending to some bad habit or the latter a friend ship or loss of a job. Not to make you fear, it could be anything as well as something mild..................Mine was.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by rikk7111]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I myself had a "bad dream" the other night. It was very peculiar since nothing really frightening happened, but the sensations I experienced had me anxious, fearful and sensing that I was trapped. I know others have recently been having bad dreams as well.

What's interesting is that the next day I had a fit of posting where it seemed I had so much to say, but not out of a sense of urgency. Just as if a cork had been popped and things were flooding out.

I have a couple of ideas as to why the recent spate of bad dreams. What's below may or may not fit into your world view panda, and if not please disregard. I'll avoid ideas of prophecy and such though.

On the one hand, there to me is a real possibility that the current state of the world is causing emotional ripples that resonate with us in our sleep. But then this idea supposes what I believe to be true, that we all go to the same place to dream. That it is, while not a physical place, a real place nonetheless. I use this idea to explain meeting people in my dreams that I know are familiar, but who I have had no physical contact with. This is to say that those we meet are other dreamers and what they carry into their dreams can impact us. Their fears, anxieties, joys. This would mean too of course that we do the same with others.

On the other hand, but not necessarily in opposition, there is also my idea that there is an "emptying" of emotional baggage going on. That dreams are a place to empty out the psychological garbage we collect, safely. And doing so is opening us up to new information.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by TravelerintheDark]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I've had several dreams where I either die of heart attack, or being shot, but still am dreaming. My most recent dream was in a saw-like scenario, but instead of physical pain, I was submitted to intense mental fear and horror. Nothing felt so scary or horrifying in my life, and I was shot 4 times after I removed the horror glasses. My dream went black, I could feel the pain racing through my body as if I was actually shot. The dream would continue until someone walked closer to me, and my conscious shifted into theirs, and the dream continued.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I see how that could be affecting me.

Also the next day, I felt anxious and like I needed to tell people what happened, like it was a tragedy. My friend had a "Nuclear Apocalypse" type dream, with me in it, same night.

I have been reading about all of these supposedly impending bio-terror attacks, that may be messing with me psychologically. I live in a well populated and important area. I don't know if you've heard of Langley Airforce Base, but it's quite a central tactical position.

I have been feeling a lot of anxiety...A while ago (quite some time), there was about a week of me feeling like someone I loved would die very soon. I felt horrible, like someone had died or someone would die very soon.

I don't think I need to see a therapist or anything, I just feel that something horrible is going to happen here soon, and I may be involved in it.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's funny, I had a dream about death myself the other night. And it wasn't so much a dream that went into how I had died - more like I was dead already when the dream began and was having all sorts of awakenings into the meaning of life and such. I'm not really sure what that means, but anyways...

I completely understand how intense dreams involving very strong emotions can completely alter your moods when you're awake. Dreaming of death isn't necessarily a bad thing, however - usually it tends to mean that there will be significant changes in your life. A phase ending as to open doors for another to begin. Dreaming of death is a little unsettling as it's something that most people don't like to think about, but I wouldn't worry about it meaning that there will actually be a death in your near future, whether it's yours or someone you care for.

top topics

join