It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many of you actually belive in the 2012 prediction?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

Ok, so if I observe the orbits of the moon and then say "There will be an eclipse on October 20, 2025" you say that isn't a prediction.

Prediction- A statement foretelling the possible outcome(s) of an event, process, or experiment. In meteorology, a prediction is also called a forecast. A prediction is based on observations, experience, and scientific reasoning. ...

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddy420

it is a prediction but its a prediction based on a study of the past. how can you predict the end of the world if you dont have anything to go on. they knew when each eclipse happened so they knew when the next one would be. i doubt they saw the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Okay two things about 2012... There are predictions from all over the world, from every corner of it, that tells mankind something is going to happen when our Solar System hits galactic alignment. To those who say we are always at or near our galactic center are absolutely uneducated with regards to that science. There should be tall tell signs if something will happen and we should see them happening now.
The earth will grow cooler. Why... because if a gamma burst is coming toward us it will pull energy away from our Sun months or years before the beginning parts of that galactic storm reach us. (factors can very) Then when it gets closer our planet will start to shake in ways we only see in movies. And then when there is just a few more months before it finally hits full force this planet and all the planets in our solar system will experience weather the likes of which we have never before dreamed about. And then when it is on top of us, those who are not under ground will surely die. The wind and the energy deposited into this solar system will surely be biblical. Not to mention how humanity will behave in those final days. There should be no one left on this planet who does not understand how the moon affects human behavior. Not just a full moon, but the moon as a whole. We are made up of mostly water and the push and pull effect on our planet changes the tides as it does affect humans, just some more then others. All that with just a small gravitational effect… that has such a large affect on human behavior, imagine that increasing by five maybe ten or even several times that in fold.
This is not a prediction, but science! Science is studying the effects, yet nobody wants to say it out loud because the answers in a word... Suck! Know this, I say gamma to give reference however what is really going on at the center of our galaxy and the forces involved are damn scary. Learn the dance our planet plays with the Sun, and then learn the dance our Sun and solar system does with our galactic center. Now picture one full year of high energy that you can only feel yet never see. Except, perhaps all the planets in our solar system will grow in luminosity over the coming months and years. If the planets in our solar system shine brighter in the sky you better find a hole in the ground or build pyramids or mounds because nothing above ground will remain.
How many of you really believe mankind figured out higher dimensional mathematics over ten thousand years ago, and just a couple thousand years after man climbed out of our caveman and finger painting ways which lasted for millions of years? If you believe that, you're a damn fool. Something has caused the restarting of man’s knowledge probably several times in the past. Before you put anything to stone you damn well better have a reference. I don’t know what the Mayan’s might have known or believed but I know what the science says could happen and what the signs are… Pay close attention to the planets and the color of our Sun, if either grows brighter or changes color, even slightly… Get right with your family and God.

Lastly, about this whole NWO thingy... Can someone please explain to me how rounding up all the people who will fight for their country and killing them first to get control over our country and lower our population to manageable levels is a brilliant idea... If… after we are all dead, those who post on this website and those like it... How are these people, the NWO’ers, then going to take over the world after they just murdered their fighting force? I mean I enjoy reading a good conspiracy theory if for no other reason to know my tax dollars are hard at work...but come on... get a sequence that makes sense at least. Jmho.

please forgive all grammar errors... thanks in advance!

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

2012 is nothing to worry about. The Earth goes through a cycle, just like everything else in the universe. The future is what we make it, nothing more or less. Earth is coming into an alignment, research it if you wish.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Go to this link and read what is written here, not only that follow the link within this thread...

Go here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy!

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
there will be explosions, and men on horses, thats all I have to say....

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I don't, is a whole bunch of baloney and fear mongering, created by people that has nothing better to do but play with others lives and future.

We have the ability to create our own destiny, but when people fall for others way of thinking and mass hysteria sets in, the mind is a very powerful tool when used the wrong way.

Good luck to those that fall for the influences of others.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'm not sure on the exact dating that has been giving for the "end of the world" (Dec 2012) being correct, but i am sure that something very big is going to happen in the not so far away future.

I have felt like for a good few years now and have come up with this conclusion based on personal feelings and thinking and no outside input whatsoever (that i know of)

I believe that something catastrophic is going to happen soon-ish. Whether that be nuclear fallout, world domination, inter-dimension "soul shifting", rapture (or any other kind of religious outcome) ... heck maybe even zombies ... you never know. And i think that we aren't supposed to know exactly what is going to happen but many other people and i can be certain that whatever it is we are going to need to be prepared for it. (Unless whatever it is, is instantaneous)

I just hope for everyones sake that it isn't instantaneous (a lot will differ in opinion) because i know that i would love a chance to prove myself in a survival situation and hold out as long as i could ... and fight.

Which is why i am joining the British army asap (after a millitary preperation course) so that whatever happens i'll have a gun in my hand and more knowledge of survival.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I do not believe the nonsense about 2012

and I'll be glad to see the dawning of 2013 if for no other reason than the topic will drop away in the same way the Millenium expectations did

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
well there is the ISM cloud that have been studied and studys show that the gas cloud seem to move toward the galatic plane ...and we are headed toward that plane now.. not only that Voyager 1 and 2 have seen the ..so called Ribbon which is where the Heliosphere is interacting with the gas cloud we are in right now... not only that the increase of dust and particles into our solar system have increase 3x as much since the 60s and 3x in the 90s and to be increase another 3x by 2013 .. all planets have been hit with global warming...even pole shifts ..if this cloud of gas is to dense.. there could be large amounts of radiation exposure to our solar system... the gas cloud covers our solar system and has for years and we are to be within it for 10thousand more ..but now as we get closer to the galatic plane where the dense part of the cloud rest we have increase dust and particles coming through I don't think it is simple to see that there had been a change since the 60s when they first discovered this problem ..check the SPACE EXPLORATION forum ..here the NASA..RIBBON ...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
2012 creates paranoia, it may or may not happen. Prophecy is an erroneous misleading concept from my perspective, the future isn't a concept written in stone. It's pure potentiality.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Personally, I don't believe in it. I agree that it's more of a distraction from the mundane for some, and those that think a clear slate would be good and those that follow certain religions warning them of 'end times'

Either way, i'll be here, living my life the way i want to, happily with my family, if it ends, i'll know i enjoyed every last minute, not wasted it worrying about something that 'might' happen.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I don't think the World will end per-se but i do think we are running up to something big... whether it be a World War III or some other catastrophy like a massive Earthquake & Floods we will have to wait and see but like i say i don't think some massive asteroid is going to smash us to bits...

It could well be that nothing happens at all but a visitation from the Ancient Gods!!

[edit on 12-2-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Regardless of what happens I just about laugh myself off my computer chair when people compare 2012 and the Mayan predictions to *cough choke* Y2K.

What a JOKE.

It's like comparing the prediction in a fortune cookie, to well, the Mayans predictions for 2012.

Folks, regardless what you believe, take a read of what the Mayan's had to say.

If what I understand is correct - those people were right on with just about (if not everything) they foresaw.
And to think!
They made thees predictions even before your beloved computer and internet was a twinkle in Al Gores eye...! (*insert laugh here*)

On Point? Do I think something is going to happen.

Yes.

What? I'm not sure, but I don't think this will be the one prediction the Mayans got wrong.

peace

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join