It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how many of you actually belive in the 2012 prediction?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by N. Tesla

To respond to the OP title: which prediction? The Mayan advertising agency got so many predictions going that it takes forever to sort them out.

I can only say that lots of things of a lesser or a greater magnitude happen each year and 2012 won't be different. But I can see clearly that some of the events taking place in 2012 and especially in December would be directly linked to the Mayan calendar cycle ending event and its projected consequences -- this 2012 prediction is a business too big to fail.

If history is to repeat itself, people should go back in time and check what happened when the Julian calendar ended and was replaced by the present Gregorian calendar, even though the ending of the Julian calendar had no prophecy pinned to it. The transition didn't take place overnight though; the Julian calendar was outphased gradually leaving plenty events to consider. But the menu of events can be narrowed: The Mayan kingdom was located mainly what is now Mexico, which was under Spanish control when the Julian calendar ended. Since Spain adopted the new Gregorian calendar in 1582, some significant events that took place in that year could repeat themselves in 2012 -- after some modification done to fit the 21st century.

I personally thought that this 2012 predictions was a complete nonsense, but a friend of mine talked to a guy who is a direct descendant of some Mayan priests; he is a professor in some university in Mexico City. This dude said that the Mayans priests actually knew that something really terrible would take place at the time the cycle is over when the long count shows 13.0.0.0.0.

That guy said the details of the prophecy were buried someplace in the ancient Mayan territory. Where?

That Mexican professor mentioned this to his colleague in the Cornell University and the Cornell folks actually figured out where the buried prophecy could be located. The Mayan time cycle doesn't end in TWO THOUSAND TWELVE; it ends in TWENTY TWELVE. That's a difference, because twenty and twelve are separate numbers and can be written this way:

20____12

Now when you turn both numbers into letters according to English alphabet where 20 = T and 12 = L, the year twenty twelve changes into

T_____L

That means the name of the place where the prophecy is buried starts with T and ends with L. What is that name?

The Mexican professor indicated that the prophecy related to something really major, and the Cornell folks figured that the prophecy had to be buried in a major Mayan city. As it happened, the name of the largest city of the Mayan kingdom actually starts with T and ends with L; the name is
en.wikipedia.org...

Obviously, the Mayans couldn't know how the name of the city would be written in English many centuries later, but the Mexican professor said that the prophecy was conveyed to the priests by the "Sun God."
colinandrews.net...

And so, some archeologists are trying to locate the prophecy not because of some revelation concerning the year 2012, but for its historical value. I hope that they won't find anything, because the Mayan priests buried the prophecy, so it would never see the light of day. If you disturb it, it would be like opening the pandora box: the prophecy would escape the golden box to arm itself in December 2012 to the complete dismay of mankind.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Our calander did not start until 500 something, they added bc and ad later. And the Mayan calander was a gear, and it did go on and on. Anoter thing is our calander repeats it self, and you could very easly have a permanent calander. It is so easy there is a mathematical formula you can do it in your head and tell anyone what day they were born on, mon. tue., you just need 00/00/0000. I would do this for kicks only thing is most people don't know what day them self.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by googolplex]

[edit on 17-11-2008 by googolplex]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

but if they do find it then it would be proof that something will happen. if they dont find it then its just more BS. i mean no offense but natives always had a way with stories.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I don't believe that Christ will return in the year 2012 ~ I'm not saying he won't but I'm saying that people can't predict His return for the Bible tells us that NO ONE ~ Not even Christ Himself know the time ~ Only God the Father knows the exact date and time of Christ's return. People have been trying for thousands of years to find the exact date and time of His second coming but the fact is... NO ONE KNOWS THIS EXCEPT FOR GOD ALMIGHTY ! I mean something may take place in the year 2012 but would it be a surprise? Look at all the changes the world has gone through since the beginning of time.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by motherof2two

I don't believe that Christ will return in the year 2012 ~ I'm not saying he won't but I'm saying that people can't predict His return for the Bible tells us that NO ONE ~ Not even Christ Himself know the time ~ Only God the Father knows the exact date and time of Christ's return. People have been trying for thousands of years to find the exact date and time of His second coming but the fact is... NO ONE KNOWS THIS EXCEPT FOR GOD ALMIGHTY ! I mean something may take place in the year 2012 but would it be a surprise? Look at all the changes the world has gone through since the beginning of time.

Not till the day is at hand, and I think it is at hand.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I do believe something will happen.

The gravitational effects of crossing the galactic plane are unknown but some scientists have theorized that the galactic plane is the most dense in matter and gravity. It's the equator of the galaxy pretty much. The line that stretches the furthest from one side of the galaxy to the other.

Our solar system bobs up and down the plane like a horse on a carousel. When we go through the thinnest, yet most dense area anything could happen or absolutely nothing.

65 or so million years ago we went through it, as far as we know right now.

Got to think about that timeline. I, for one, don't believe any theory that states an asteroid took out life. I just don't find it as believable as crossing the galactic plane. People could argue with me all day but I'm not convinced.

In 2012, in my opinion, the Nibiru/planet x theories won't even matter and will pale in comparison to the potential effect of crossing the plane. Let's say we smashed through the rings of saturn (much the same sort of model, just trillions of times less of an effect) would SOMETHING happen? I'm sure we would at least have an extremely intense light show, atmospheric disruption at the very minimum. ?Take extremely dense gravity and have us travel through it, could something happen? You betcha. Our whole solar system could be shuffled or absolutely nothing happen.

If we are lucky, our solar system is tiny enough to fit through the pinhole in the density that could be present when we pass through.

I don't know or care if planet x is included or not however.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

i stopped taking your post seriously when you said that a comet didnt take out the dinosaurs. explain the giant crater then.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by stander

but if they do find it then it would be proof that something will happen. if they dont find it then its just more BS. i mean no offense but natives always had a way with stories.

You know what the problem is? There are two different approaches to the event. One is very subtle and got nothing to do with the bombastic garbage that you mistook for the real thing. Your OP refers to the 2012 spamming, which got nothing to do with the ending of the Mayan cycle. You can't learn anything about it around here; just look how ATS touches upon the subject: scroll up occasionally and you see the pic of a big, fat asteroid heading for the earth to vaporize our asses in 2012. Wow! What a catastrophe! Wow!
It's a cheap BS and it got nothing to do with the issue.

What do you think is the chance that the archaeologists really find that ancient Mayan text in Tikal?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stander

none at all but they wont quit will day?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

There are plenty of craters to be found. Even the largest crater not yet found is still not enough to end the world, I don't care if it's the size of Mexico. It hasn't been proven either way. No argument is more valid than the other nor any more plausible as it is impossible to prove unless it was properly observed. The extinction events are still 'just' theory.

I believe the alligator / croc is just one of several pieces of evidence *I NEED* to believe what I do. Sharks had the deepest depths to probably save them but the gators tend to hang out in the more shallow parts and they need vast amounts of large, usually land based, prey. Surely there were other types of more exotic dynos that should have made it along with the gator.

There's nothing anyone can say that could convince me 100% or prove it as hard science.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

but the whole planet shifting thing is hard science? both of these are theories. just the comet one has been studied and they found evidence supporting it.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
They've found evidence that eggs are horrible for human consumption and also found evidence that they are probably the best source of protein for human consumption.

One week cholesterol is bad, next they say it is vital for cellular wall development.

I've also read studies that show the benefits of using soy products and another that shows soy is bad on your kidneys.

Studies show that studies are nothing more than opinions.

Only in observation is there proof.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by N. Tesla
reply to post by stander

none at all but they wont quit will day?

So you don't give the archeologists in that 20___12 Mayan city any chance of success? Are you positive that they won't find any buried reference to the terrible event waiting to take place in 2012?

I don't give them any chance either, mostly for the reason that they are not looking for anything like that. The reason for them not digging is that there is nothing there to dig for -- I made the story up.

The 2012 "propecies" mainly thrive on across-the-board ignorance. But one of the main reasons for the 2012 hoopla is that gyus have mistresses who love to drive top-of-the line Lexuses. You need to get your butt real busy to accommodate all the expenses

and lots of ads need to be tossed around. Just don't let the folks off the leash. Keep them tuned in. A comet takes out Europe and Nibiru do the rest -- that all happening on Dec. 21, 2012 at 13.0.0.0.0. Mayan Long Count.

[edit on 11/18/2008 by stander]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I believe that history can provide much of what may happen in the future. There is a lot to do with 2012 and is not only the Maya the preached about this year but bascically of ancient civilization and a couple indian tribes. 2012 has a lot to do with this planet known as Nibiru which comes around every 3,600 years and is suppose to be closest in 2012. So, not only are people scaring themselves such as Y2K, but 2012 has a celestial meaning to it. Y2K was just the millenium ending and another one begining and people got scared because no one has ever written of an experience like this. 2012 has myths written about it from civilizations that had a knowledge of earth and the universe, who were not tainted as we are today. I think we all should look to history and astronomy and that is were we will get perhaps the slightest guess.

As for 2012 being the end of our days, no I do not believe such thing but there is so much written about this year, 2012, from ancient civilzations and different universal things that are happening as we near closer to it, I believe something will happen.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Ok
I wasn't worried about y2k either.
But yes I do think that something very very profound is going to happen around that time. What does that mean to people reading this post....nothing I guess.

So what do we have in the way of signs, that one could attribute to it being the "end times"

The ing chi (think that's how you spell it) from china predicts end times around this date.
The Hopi Indians predict the same.
St Malichy tells us only one more pope.
The bible tells us that soon after the Jews are reunited in Israel it will be the end times
The fact that there are UFO's and abductions happening. (I think they are linked).
The web bot also predicts dire events from now till 2012.
The whole 11:11 thing. I noticed this for about 6 months before I googled it.
Yeah that's right I was noticing so much and thought it was so weird that I googled it. Shivers went down my spine when I seen how many other people were noticing it. And just recently I got the same shiver when I noticed that the mayan calander ends dec 21/2012 @ 11:11 Universal time. creepy creepy creepy.
Creepy because when you think about it. The internet age is the first time the world has been truly connected since before the time of babel.
I wonder if there is something to us being all connected to one another
I guess God had a big problem with it the last time.
Funny how that word is still used today "to babel on"
Much like I am doing now.
I have said enough.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I have the feeling that something will happen, it doný have to be 2012, but i think everyone in here feels there's something coming our way. good or bad!

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
You know another thing that bothers me
How long have Humans been around? say twenty thousand years. How many civilizations have risen and fallen in our recorded history of the last six thousand years?
What happened in those fifteen thousand years before that. I refuse to believe that we just hung out in caves for that long.
I don't like not knowing our true history

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by foremanator

you have given me much to process. unfortunately i have problem with your theories.

1 webbot is no more accuarte than a drunk guy at a urinal
2. jews arent all in isreal yet.
3. Iching doesn't predict anything. i ching was used to make a time wave. the time wave is or atleast should be on a loop and it has also had many faults and inaccuracies.

anywho the fact of the matter is its all speculation.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
i am more than willing to stick my neck out about 2012.

please reference the following picture:

in this drawing, you can clearly see how the magnetics of the sun and earth combined form a protective electromagnetic shield around the earth (the cup of life?). during the galactic equinox, this shield will become a null-sum value with the galactic magnetics.

it is yet unknown what will be the result of such a thing. it seems probable to me that everyone whom is not EM shielded at that moment will die.

however, i like to think that for the briefest of moments, when the two planes become tangential to one another, the veil will be lifted. flatline. know the creator. the moment that the sperm pierces the ovum.

more information like this can be found here: the answer to everything you have ever wanted to know. i host, but did not author, this page.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

then why didnt this happen the last 100 or more times that the sun was in the middle of the galaxy or lined up? why do you all think this has never happened before? it has and we survived

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join