It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Pentagon Notes on Clarke Found at Starbucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Pentagon political appointee Eric Ruff accidentally left his notes from a Pentagon briefing on the Richard Clarke affair in a Dupont Circle Starbucks. An official from the Pentagon verified the notes were authentic. The Starbucks customer who found them, gave them to the liberal advocacy group, the Center for American Progress.

www.americanprogress.org Washington Times "Stay inside the lines. We don't need to puff this (up). We need (to) be careful as hell about it," the handwritten notes say. "This thing will go away soon and what will keep it alive will be one of us going over the line." The notes were written by Pentagon political appointee Eric Ruff who left them in a Starbucks coffee shop in Dupont Circle, not far from U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld's home. [Edited on 1-4-2004 by SkepticOverlord]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Why cant we find some papers laying around. I cant believe secrets are still secret. We are all human, arnt we?

Hello this is not what I typed.
I cant believe secrets are still wide open

I cant believe secrets are still secret. this what I typed.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR.
[Edited on 1-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
AHHHHHHHHHH...... Why is it changing my print.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Come on, spit it out spittin Cobra. Spit it out...

You can't believe that the secrets are in the open?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Come on, spit it out spittin Cobra. Spit it out...

You can't believe that the secrets are in the open?

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Mr Moderator sir, this was discussed yesterday. As I was told from a moderator when posted something that was already discussed, use the search function!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OOPS! I see my error, I see that this was in the news section, my bad

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by nyarlathotep]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Mr Moderator sir, this was discussed yesterday. As I was told from a moderator when posted something that was already discussed, use the search function!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

OOPS! I see my error, I see that this was in the news section, my bad

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by nyarlathotep]

You are right, that one should have been upgraded. But think this a joke, or some joking going on in this thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep Mr Moderator sir, this was discussed yesterday.
Right... But yesterday's post was a direct copy-and-paste from the source website. In reality, the post should have been removed as we don't allow that. This post is more news-centric and a has an original lead-in paragraph more suited to the style of ATSNN. On occasion, we will have duplicates of stories from ATS when the original ATS thread/post can't be modified enough to simply move the thread to the ATSNN news forum. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Wow, seems quite a lot of things that benefit liberals happen in Starbucks. First Mary Mahoney gets capped during a robbery in which nothing is stolen and now this. No wonder they can charge 4 bucks for a cup a joe.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Thanks for clearing that up SO. Still dosent explain the type-o's.

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
It's April Fools Day. You can count on lots of things being reworded with the censor function. It's all in good fun. No harm intended.
Type the following words.
Kano
John Nada
Mason
April Fool

Bet you can't.

About the notes found in Starbucks. Our taxes go towards politicians buying gourmet coffee!! Damnable.

[Edited on 4-1-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Apr, 1 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Mr Moderator sir, this was discussed yesterday.

Right... But yesterday's post was a direct copy-and-paste from the source website. In reality, the post should have been removed as we don't allow that.

This post is more news-centric and a has an original lead-in paragraph more suited to the style of ATSNN. On occasion, we will have duplicates of stories from ATS when the original ATS thread/post can't be modified enough to simply move the thread to the ATSNN news forum.

Sorry for the confusion.

My post was not just a direct copy and paste. Did you read it, or just glance at it?
There were additional links and a comment about Eric. Im curious about just what isnt allowed.

new topics

top topics

join