It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM is falling and falling fast!! Bailout wont help!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
GM is so in trouble, i dont know how they expect the 25 billion to actually help them. It might help them to hold on for a little bit longer but it will actually make it worse because its another 25 billion going to waste. Its like a crack addict, gimme gimme!!!! you give him some crack and he feels better while it lasts, but every time it gets worse after it wears out.

Im thinking about taking $25,000 cash, and going from chevy to chevy and waiving it in front of their faces, reminding them of the hole they are in, and telling them that im willing to take a Z06 off their hands for $25,000 in cash right now!!! because they do need to make room for more fuel efficient cars if they want to survive this fall!!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That 25 Billion is a bailout bonus from Washington to thank the company for doing its job. There are not many people who can take their companies from a Fortune 500 to a Fortune 0 with little effort. That is the same reason Washington is giving all these other failed companies bonuses also. The CEO's still have to maintain their lavish lifestyles that Washington has accustomed them to.

If investors don't want any part of this company, Washington would be wise to stay away also.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
the auto industry deserves to die.

did you know that electric cars came out before gas vehicles?

France and England were the first nations to develop the electric vehicle in the late 1800s. It was not until 1895 that Americans began to devote attention to electric vehicles. Many innovations followed and interest in motor vehicles increased greatly in the late 1890s and early 1900s. In 1897 the first commercial application was established as a fleet of New York City taxis.
(Source)

they were widely used in the early part of the century. then Ford came along and sold his gas cars for a price that convinced most people to switch from electric to gas.

we could have gas free, possibly electric vehicles by now but the auto industry is such an enormous money maker. parts, servicing, repairing sales etc. its a huge industry that doesnt want to die so in turn we are stuck with gas vehicles.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by warrenb]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Well they are doing peachy in Russia as they just build a new facility at the cost of millions of dollars.

Our nations has been scammed to the point that people that still support this Bail out will believe anything.

Yes the CEOs wants thost 25 billion dollar good bye bonuses after they give the finger to the hard working Americans.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I'm actually shocked that the corporate pimps at GM haven't followed the lead of American Express in this by successfully lobbying their application to be considered a bank, thus availing to them a superstraw at the treasury trough.

After all, part of the reason the automotive sector is in this jam is because they got all greedy and decided to start financing everything from cars to houses (thank you GMAC) . . .

What the hell, the government's response would be interesting.

One thing to remember in all of this . . . anyone recall NAFTA, Mexico and a whack of automotive jobs . . . guess where those jobs are going now?

Give us your tired . . . your hungry . . . your your criminals, but send your jobs and buy your stuff from China.

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
i sure hope this doesnt pass! i think the votes are going to be done on Wednesday am i correct? I see it this way, if you dig a hole for yourself, you should find a way out of it. If companies who dig holes for themselves keep getting bailed out then what is to stop other companies for taking bigger risks thinking that they might get bailed too?

this country has it coming, they will see it when its to late!

[edit on 17-11-2008 by NickT916]

new topics

top topics

join