It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Real" Vampire Sites

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellexista

No worries chickin
Well, I couldn't be sure about this, you see, because he could have been doing it for the attention, there is no doubt about it! He could have been a very good actor too
. What I meant by my point in my previous post, is that who am I to judge? I could have delved deeper and possibly exposed him as being a fraud, but if he claims to be a Vampire of sorts, and it makes him happy with his life, who am I to tell him otherwise? As long as he was happy with who and what he is, why ruin it for him (that is my theory anyways). But I guess the evolvement of the religion has become more widely known and spread worldwide. I think there is a hell of a lot I still don't know about. All I have about knowing he was a Vampire was his word. I only knew him for running the stall. Never spent time with him outside of his work unfortunately (like his social life!), and I regret not making more of an effort in that sense.

Mesthinks I need another face to face encounter with a self-proclaimed Vampire. I want to ask my questions again and delve deeper!

And Gordon, well well well (three holes in a desert
), where is it ye would like me to start?! lol!

[edit on 19-11-2008 by emmy]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
hey guys... are you sure vampires are real?? what do you think... and I think its a waste of time...

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bellexista
So can you tell us what made him a vampire?

By the way, while a random thought popped into my head there!

I don't think that there is any actual physical or theoretical way to actually say, or prove, 'that is a vampire trait!'. Because as you know, the flying, immortality etc...definitely isn't true (apart from the soul being immortal, if that's something you believe in).

As you said with the blood drinking. I don't think many Vampires do like blood drinking. Does anyone like the taste of blood? I don't mind sucking small cuts, but even that is icky!

Those who don't like the sun, or who are allergic, it's become a more common and acceptable thing to happen in life, hence skin cancer. Although sometimes it does make me wonder if it is used as an excuse to be 'vampire-like'.

I do understand your questioning though, it's a natural process, and even I do it!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thinkerbel

oh hush

ahhh, I don't really know, I'm kind of on the fence, but as I say, if someone claims to be one, let them be

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by emmy

No worries chickin
Well, I couldn't be sure about this, you see, because he could have been doing it for the attention, there is no doubt about it! He could have been a very good actor too
. What I meant by my point in my previous post, is that who am I to judge? I could have delved deeper and possibly exposed him as being a fraud, but if he claims to be a Vampire of sorts, and it makes him happy with his life, who am I to tell him otherwise? As long as he was happy with who and what he is, why ruin it for him (that is my theory anyways). But I guess the evolvement of the religion has become more widely known and spread worldwide. I think there is a hell of a lot I still don't know about. All I have about knowing he was a Vampire was his word.

Unfortunately, that's a serious problem for these kinds of claims. If I said that President Elect Obama was breaking into my house at night, eating the contents of my fridge and then raping me would you accept my word too? Both claims are equally outlandish. I could also retell the story in an equally convincing way if we met face-to-face too - an be a real good "actor" as you put it.

As for who are you tell him otherwise, well it seems to me he proffered the information to you. It's not as if you asked him, out of the blue, whether he was a vampire and he said 'yes! Looks like I've been found out again! is it. If people push that kind of information out, unsolicited, into the public domain then I think it's fair to call them on it.

If people hold private delusions - say, for example, when they fall asleep they 'awake' somewhere else as Frost Giant battling the Aesir and their 'existence' is actually shared between a mortal body and a supernatural body - but they keep this belief to themselves and never mention it to anyone, then that's perfectly fine. People are welcome to their private fantasies. Whatever gets them through the night!

However, when this kind of thing is no longer private and people are sharing it with other people - for whatever reason - then it's no longer a 'private' matter as such.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

And Gordon, well well well (three holes in a desert ), where is it ye would like me to start?! lol!

Emmy, I got two Questions. (1) You could start of by explaining what happened ***BEFORE*** God created the Universe. I would like to know about that. And... Could you PLEASE explain to me and to the other members, "If the use of a ouija board would *summon-spirits*?" (2) Could-Would it be, if somebody can summon spirits from other Time Lines? Thanks For Reading-and/or Replying.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gordonwest

Ok you've lost me
(that's not too hard to do!)

I get the impression you think I am either a) a Vampire or b) not human... or am I reading the scenario all wrong? (Possibly is the latter, therefore just give me a slap around the head!)

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by emmy

Ok you've lost me
(that's not too hard to do!)

I get the impression you think I am either a) a Vampire or b) not human... or am I reading the scenario all wrong? (Possibly is the latter, therefore just give me a slap around the head!)

As to what *YOU* wrote before,

where is it ye would like me to start?

So I asked TWO Questions.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by gordonwest]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

OK, I sent you a U2U, could you please read it? Ta. Hopefully it'll make more sense than I could on this thread! I do have tendencies to talk rubbish mind so hopefully it will make sense! I'd appreciate a reply too, thanks again

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Thank You for sending me a U2u. I rarely get those...from members. Mostly the Mods send me them to tell me that a Mod has removed AND moved my hread-Post.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

That makes sense! Some people would call me a vampire for not eating and sleeping these past four days!
I just havent wanted to!
yea i know it's weird. I think I'm about ready to pass out! But I agree with Merriman, that if you think you're a vampire yet can't prove if, you should keep it to yourself. I'm not saying your friend couldnt. I just saying in general. It's too confusing to others and it can start a riot!
But anyways, I read something last night that said a person has to have the majority of vampire traits to be called one. But I think people who want to be a vampire can make themselves think they have those traits. Just like a woman who really wants to be pregnant can actually trick her body into thinking its true to where she gains weight, breasts r sore, missing a cycle, different stuff. Like i could say omg, im a vampire cuz i havent slept or ate in days, i need to go out and buy blood! wth?!?! that's what happens alot. But i agree with allowing people to believe as they like to make them happy!

Sorry, i think i started rambling. I'm done now!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A while ago, I sent an email to a woman on a site who claimed to be a vampire. I brought up the topic of mythical vampires and immortality and she said, "Nothing in the universe can last forever" or something else that made sense along those lines. I read in another post that maybe instead of immortality, vampires just have a very, VERY slow ageing process and so they live a few hundred/thousand years, and in the end die as a human would of old age.. It's not immortality if you can die by a gunshot, etc.

Also, does anyone know of a few books on mythical vampire theories? People who, interviewed and research and believe? Books that aren't the Dragonology kind that you can buy at Green Earth... And books that aren't on the "alternative lifestyle" of gothic cults...

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by lorova34

Can I ask who the vampire was? Cuz that might have been the same one i'd suggest reading from?

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Her name was Vyrdolak (or at least that's what she called herself). I can't remember what the site was, but she gave told me of this one, which is information on the vampire subculture. Also, now that I'm reading the email she sent me, what she said was this:

"I have never seen a verifiable claim that a vampiric person was immortal--and in event, "immortal" is an abstract concept. Nothing material can last forever, ultimately the universe itself will cease to exist. Many vampiric people report aging more slowly than the norm, and many are intrigued by life extension science or metaphysics. But the vampiric community is still quite new, and to date, none of us are old enough to have really tested our longevity. I'm among the oldest vampiric people around and I'm only 52."

The beginning is what really grinded my gears, I had a longer-than-brief period of believing that nothing in existence could last forever - Until I came upon the idea that "immortals" could just be a very prolonged life, and not go by the book.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

www.sanguinarius.org
should work.
XxxX

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NATRAsleep

Sang. vamps are people who crave blood. They're considered vampires because of their diet. They do not live longer. They can go in sunlight if they want. And anyone can change their sleeping habits. They are welcomed in the vampire community so they will not feel alone. But are only given a catagory (class) of Sang. so they can be differentiated from the legendary vampires we all know and love.

Don't think I am saying they are not vampires. we've already decided that if you think you are one and live your life like one, ok you are one! lol.... but don't think they're the same as the vampires who did not have a choice.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   

The word the Polish (at least in my family's neck of the woods) use for Vampire means "without a soul"...that crueller donut has the same name--take about confusing...anyway, I digress. Some people in my family believe that Vampires are people possessed by demons ergo the superhuman powers and fear of crosses. Others believe them to be excommunicated souls wandering the world.

Now considering what website this is maybe vampires are Rh negative hybrids? Carpathian mountains...hullo?

Just throwing out some crumbs.

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Sorry, but that it is not true, as Sanguinarians ARE born with their condition, although it usually do not manifest untill puberty, which is why it is believed that the dormant genes that possibly causes the condition, are triggered by hormones.

I assume you have read about the "Sang's not being real Vampires" on Vampiric Studies, correct? Well, the problem with that otherwise very good site are, that the creater confused Blood fetishists with Sanguinarians(Which in reality are more like the Traditional Vampire, while Blood fetishists have no Vampiric traits at all).

In actuality, TRUE Sanguinarians are the way they are because they are born that way. To believe it is a matter of choise, is like believing it is a choise to be born with Diabethes or not.

And 52 is not the oldest in the Vampire Community. Age 52 is considered a baby by many.;-)

posted on Nov, 30 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
yes, that is one of the sites i have read in on. But i have seen it on other sites also. I can't remember all the sites I have gone to. But they all say the same thing. So what is the condition they're born with? if its like diabetes, what makes it a condition? what changes in the body to make them crave blood???

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes, I know, sites unfortunately often have the ability to contradict eachother much too often.:-D

Anyway, as the official Medical Community just have begun to perform tests on Sanguinarians and people whom claim to be Vampires, there are still no officially given answer as to why, unfortunately, more then rumoured causes and rumoured secrets that may or may not be true.

However, as far as accurate descriptions of real Sanguinarians concerns, I think that(Regarding Vampiric Studies), the section and description of the Inheritor Cathegory 2, or The Night-Timer, is the description that comes closest to reality of how real Sanguinarians are, although the lifespan is generally more "Human", even if it is very true that a majority of Sang's indeed seem to age more slowly.

However, nowadays a lot of people claim to be "True Sanguinarians" although they may not be, and many of them may just pretend to be, or living the lifestyle of one, as they think it is "cool".

REAL Sanguinarism though, is a condition and nothing chosen. You can, however, ofcourse chose wether you want to "feed" or not and deny your symptoms and traits, but you cannot chose to have or not to have the underlaying condition.

As for what causes it, the most common theory is that Sang's for some reason need to feed on the "Lifeforce" within the blood, aswell as some yet unknown type of component, such as a hormone or chemical.

Many Sang's however feel that they ONLY feed from something in the blood alone, but don't know what. They just can't explain it, they just know that they need it.

One of my own guesses, is that it may be some yet undiscovered Mineral or chemical, and that Sanguinarians simply suffer from a by Science yet unrecognized condition or unknown form of "Anemia", which also may cause the individual to evolve certain symptoms aswell as traits, that gives the person both disabilities aswell as benefits, compared to the average person.

Sincerely/

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join