It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Real" Vampire Sites

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I've likely read every Vampire thread on ATS, and while there is a lot of information, there is very little. I have been Googleing away, but could not find much information. Could you give me some ideas on phrases to search, links to news articles, etc to start me off? Or even your own opinion on whether "real"/"mythical" Vampires exist, and what kind of abnormalities (compared to humans) you think they have.

I'm not asking for a "real" Vampire to share their stories, as I don't believe one would be outting themselves on a conspiracy site - or any site for that matter.. I would simply like to gather information for my own satisfaction. - I'd like to be reassured of my sanity.. Hoping that I'm not crazy for having such an open mind to this possibility...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lorova34

Here is what I am going to recommend for you.

Run out and purchase the DVD "Underworld" The Unrated Extended Cut.

www.dvdmg.com...

It comes in a 2 disc set. On the second disc set it comes with a real documentary (Fang vs. Fiction) about werewolves and vampires and the underground cults. It is well done and I promise you wont be disappointed.

Also...The prequel of Underworld "Rise of the Lycans" will be released in January 2009....It looks badass also.

www.entertheunderworld.com...

Underworld Evolution was also really good if you have not seen it.

Happy Blood Sucking.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I asked a self proclaimed "vampire" why she considered herself a vampire but havn't got a reply for a few days now. I did think that it might be possible for a vampire to exist if their cell division stopped-all the symptoms relate (except for fangs) My theory goes like this: Vampire have to stay indoors or only come out at night because when skin cell division stops your skin dries out since you don't get any new moist cells in the dermis. Stay out of the sun and it doesn't dry out as much. Death by old age is caused by cell division. When the nucleus is in the G1 phase and the DNA is replicating, there are end coverings that get shortened with each division. This ultimately causes the DNA to deteriorate and thus the cells don't function as they should and they die-then you die. But vamps who supposedly don't die by old age would not have this problem if their cell division ceased. A person has to be fully grown before they can live healthily if their cell division stops, however once they are of the ripe age it could be possible. The brain has excessive amount of cells and does not enter into cell division again once it is fully grown-as seen in most cases of brain damage which may never heal. The blood is a special case that I know nothing about except that it is not regular in cell dividing, and it leads me to this theory which I now have.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cancerian42

if the cell division stop makes you a vampire then presumably the upper limit centenarians-plus reach the Hayflick limit on their telomeres and would become vampiric also...am I misunderstanding your view?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
It's very hard to get information on vampires from the web. Most of it is just people wanting to be vampiresor claiming they are but really not. lol. If you type in VRS or vampire studies in google. Those sites will help you. The vampire studies will also help you discern what you're reading on fact or fiction. It has an entire class on predators who say anything to get you to trust them and meet them. lol, kinda like regular internet predators, but this has key phrases to watch out for. I hope you find what you're looking for. I've been doing alot of research for a while also. If you have questions about a certain thing, post it on here. You'll get alot more out of people if they know exactly what you wanna know. and I'll make sure to check in and help as much as i can.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Bellexista

If you have questions about a certain thing, post it on here.

Belle, did you mean to say to post it-reply to this thread? Or post it on ATS?.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
post it-reply here. I'll come and check on questions and anything I can answer, i will. If i cannot I apologize but i will try to find a source that will help answer it. but yes yes but your questions in a reply to this thread. it might help every one with questons on vampires.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Of course *real* vampires dont exist,so neither would real vampire websites.But im sure there a few ones with odd people claiming to be vampires...Porphyria i think thats kinda like a vampire...

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What are you talking about?

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
Of course *real* vampires dont exist,so neither would real vampire websites.But im sure there a few ones with odd people claiming to be vampires...Porphyria i think thats kinda like a vampire...

I sense that your in the christian religion, Solo? I thought so. In my experince in life, certain santanic groups (certain people) do allow themselves to be.."vampires"..Ofcourse there are certain spirits in Hell that are souls of Vampires.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
There are fewer al-qaeda members than how many vampires should technically exist. And al-qaeda is findable online and offline.

It points to the obvious conclusion that vampires are not real.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

It points to the obvious conclusion that vampires are not real.

What is your version of a Vampire? Just because YOU haven't experience or/and seen any doesn't mean that they are not real.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Im sorry, I did not mean to hurt your feelings. My definition of a vampire would be the classic Bram Stoker's Dracula myth.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Choronzon

Some-most people in the world THINKS that they know 100% of what is in the Universe, infact they only know 1% of what is in the Universe. If people only knew 2% then they would need to change their undies...Real scarey.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gordonwest
What is your version of a Vampire? Just because YOU haven't experience or/and seen any doesn't mean that they are not real.

I applaud thee

I have said this time and time again - to myself and others - what makes a Vampire, a 'Vampire'.

Many people use different definitions, either claiming to be one or not. The definition isn't the glorified version you see in Hollywood movies, it's totally different, and changes from each self-proclaimed Vampire to the other. I'm sure Choronzon has heard of the phrase "Ignorance is bliss". Be ignorant if needbe, if it helps you get through day to day life...

Personally, I met a guy (about 6 years ago) who had a stall in my local shopping centre, sold some nifty gifts (which I bought many of), who told me he was a dedicated Goth and Vampire. When I asked him to explain and tell me more, he told me his stories, facts, fiction, the lot. He was the nicest guy I ever met, not seen him since mind. Besides, I digress. My point being, anyone can claim to be a Lycan, Vampire, Immortal...so on and so forth. Doesn't make them any less a person. You can chose to believe or not. Just hear people out and stop being ignorant. No one likes an ignorant sod.

Anyways, I ramble as per usual! My bad!

[edit on 18-11-2008 by emmy]

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by emmy

*I* would enjoy reading more of your (sorry for the pun) human stories from yourself and others, if they have the same life of knowing. Because it is somewhat rare-hard to find the people who would be willing to share personal Information like that. Thanks For Posting.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Emmy- My question is, what made him a vampire? I'm skepticle about when people say they're vampires. Not because I don't believe. U've seen my thread. I obviously do. But there are some people who say it for attention. And my question is what makes a vampire? I don't believe anyone who enjoys the taste of blood is a vampire. They're just blood drinkers. "Bloodist". So can you tell us what made him a vampire? or is the same as always. I hit puberty and like blood? Not mocking. Just asking. That's been the common answer and it seems like only Sang. vampires are answering questions these days.

Please don't think me rude, just curious.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
if the cell division stop makes you a vampire then presumably the upper limit centenarians-plus reach the Hayflick limit on their telomeres and would become vampiric also...am I misunderstanding your view?

I didn't know about this, but after doing some research I found that the stem cells of the body raise the Hayflick Limit on the most used cells and thus the cells don't all stop dividing at a certain point in a person's life but rather stop according to their disuse (like muscle atrophy). Centenarians don't actually die only because their cells have stopped dividing, but rather they become weak and ultimately die due to some cause that exploits their weakness such as heart disease or even pneumonia. In theory, vampires would have a point in there lives when all cell division stopped rapidly (perhaps this is when they are "bitten"). However, this is all just speculation and I don't claim to know anything for sure about vampires.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There is a possibility that vampires in the more classic sense, long living and enhanced, exists. If ets manipulated our dna then its not hard to imagine that our current shorter living version consists of dna clipping. I read reports that greys extract things from us that they need, some of it is hemoglobin. The possibility is that they are the "failed" dna experiments, by greys standards anyway.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
If you are seeking information about the real vampire community I suggest you begin with the following web sites:

www.suscitatio.com...
Suscitatio Enterprises, LLC Research Site
Vampirism & Energy Work Research Study (VEWRS & AVEWRS)

www.veritasvosliberabit.com...
Voices of the Vampire Community (VVC)

www.sanguinarius.org...
Sanguinarius Real Vampire Resource Site

sphynxcatvp.nocturna.org...
SphynxCat's Real Vampires Support Page

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join