It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

anyone can see the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Why to rely on those 16th century techniques pioneered by Nostradamus to take a peak into the future? It's like using 16th century technology to get by -- you get nowhere.

Why don't we use modern methods; a time machine to take off to the future and report what we saw?

There are cool time machines built for the purpose, like the DeLorean from "Back To The Future"

Did you catch the scene where Doc Brown played by Christopher Lloyd walks inside the flamy tracks left by the DeLorean that just took off back to the future?

That's what it is: the prophecy was made . . .

www.digitalspy.co.uk...

IT WORKS, IT WORKS!!!!!

Folks, you better retool for the 21st century and retire the obsolete Nostradamus' mirror. It's not well-polished to see the future clearly. The future appears in the movies and the movie theater is the ultimate time machine.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
just look at how many more movies and video games are disaster based nowadays. MOVIES: the mist, war of the worlds, 28 days later, dawn of the dead, saw, the happening, 2012 (being made), the day after tomorrow.
GAMES: Resistance, resident evil, gears of war, halo, fallout, dead space, medal of honor, end war.

interesting note about movie predictions- Neo's passport in "The Matrix" expires on 9/11/2001. Coincidence yes, but interesting still.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Disaster movies have been popular for generations. It is what sells, not the future. Bad stuff happens but there seems to be a problem with this thread's understanding of causal reasoning. Just because I am at a gambling hall and I am doing horrible unless I rub my nose before a round does not mean that rubbing my nose either causes or foretells my success. And just because a famous baseball player has pitched well every game that he wears a certain necklace he calls 'lucky' does not mean that that event causes or predicts his success. The reasoning is invalid. This thread has no argument, just a silly claim.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by newagent89
Disaster movies have been popular for generations. It is what sells, not the future. Bad stuff happens but there seems to be a problem with this thread's understanding of causal reasoning. Just because I am at a gambling hall and I am doing horrible unless I rub my nose before a round does not mean that rubbing my nose either causes or foretells my success. And just because a famous baseball player has pitched well every game that he wears a certain necklace he calls 'lucky' does not mean that that event causes or predicts his success. The reasoning is invalid. This thread has no argument, just a silly claim.

Thanks for setting the new Guinness record for the most illogical response to a topic.

top topics

join