It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auto union members refuse to open wallets to help rescue Detroit

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
This pretty much sums it up.

There are other automakers in the United States that do not need bailouts - several of them. Toyota, BMW and others have plants in this country that are building cars, and they'd doing ok. Yeah, their profits are down, but they're making money - and cars - with American workers.

If the UAW, GM, Ford and Chrysler can't compete with these other firms on our own soil in a down economy that's just too damn bad - its time for us to drive American-built Toyotas and tell GM management and the UAW to stick it in their ear!

source

BTW, they are NON UNION.

While Ford and Chrysler were spitting out SUV's and Sebrings
Toyota was rolling Hybrid Prius off the line.

Honda is a huge success story in North America. 8 out of 10 Hondas and Acuras sold in American are American built and Honda uses American suppliers.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My husband works for a robotics company that sells and services robots to auto industries. Some times he is given a deadline when the robot needs to be picking parts. If he has to work on the weekend, a union member must be there all day with him to perform 15 min of work. The union guy gets paid a full day of triple time for 15 min. of work. By the way, the 15 min job that the union member must do according to the union, is a job my husband can do with no problems. It's a waste of time and money. So many times my husband has told me that the union guy either plays on his laptop all day, reads, or sleeps with the exception of the 15 min worth of work.

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Any information on the average GM union wage and what the least skilled jobs at GM pay? I read that the lunch truck driver made 117K per year.

I believe that long ago the unions were taken over by the banking globalists and they knew the huge salaires would bring about NAFTA, CAFTA, China taking Hong Kong and getting favored nation trading status and then the fall of the USA. GM and Ford are building in China and Russia and are transferring their capital to these countries. THese companies will close in the US and remain overseas. THe overblown pensions that belong to the GM workers WILL vanish into thin air. The Union greed has killed the manufacturing backbone of the USA by design. When GM and Ford go we are even more screwed than you ever imagined. We will not be able to build anything to defend ourselves with.

In the end these bankers will move on to these less developed markets and make more money. The part of the 2nd Great Depression is that we will be undefended against the military might that has been sold off to our enemies that will come back to bite us in the ass. Our way of life is going to radically change in 2009. A year from now the store closures will be mindblowing and the liklyhood of a major midwestern city going down is a real possibility. Which one will it be????

I would not to live in Wichita, Boeing needs to close a plant!!!!! 800 layoffs just announced, plus all of the other aircraft companies are ripe for the move to China. Yikes, it wpould be perfect for the NWO to take out with the technology that can be moved with a WMD strike to a population of 300K that can be isolated and is away from other city centers. I never felt safer in California than I do now.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join