It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of experiencing?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Maybe it's just me... but lately I've reached a point in wherever I'm at mentally to where I don't wanna have any more opinions about things. I don't want to hear anymore opinions about things, although I pretty much force myself to listen to opinions all the time because that's just what I do...

I feel like I've come to the end of the road with humanity. Boredom has set in with the whole experience. I feel like I've been here for a long time and done everything there is to do. The 5 senses have run their course of titilating my excitement.

I was telling a close friend yesterday that I felt like some multidimensional being looking down upon humanity rushing about and making all this noise and feeling passionate about things which are of no relevance, like little jabbering bugs. Sometimes I look at humanity and go "Oh how cute!?"
but most of the time, I'd rather squash this existence, along with everyone in it.... and move onto something else, or at least start over a little more ignorant and able to really immerse myself in this experience, so I don't have to deal with what it really is... but instead I can pretend that it is all very real and important and be one of those jabbering bugs.

I'm tired of this experience. I'm tired of all these issues we face. I'm tired of wanting to change things, because honestly I'd rather just be left alone to play music. I don't really want to be or to know more than that... but it's too late for that now. I don't feel human anymore. All human desire has lost and or is slowly losing meaning to me, and sometimes I can identify with the most evil and powerful people because I can see how they view us just these noisy little savage creatures that are expendable.
Refer to Mark Twain's story "The Mysterious Stranger".

"Humans are expendable. We can always make more, if we need them..."

I forget the exact quote... but I indentify way too much with that character...

It's disturbing to because while being human, at the same time I am far transcended of human and I'm looking back upon this species and it sometimes resembles a writhing heap of maggots to me.

Heh I could be a bit disturbed. Forgive me if this sounds completely offensive or inappropriate... but I think deep down inside, many decent people feel the same way.

This would probably be my deepest seeded secret. I don't tell my fellow man that I am looking down upon them as dirty disgusting savage maggots when I'm in certain states of mind.

I'd like to feel the love for humanity and this experience more...

Any suggestions?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch

Any suggestions?

Make your bl**dy mind up!

Shall we all just keep our opinions to ourselves and offer no discussion then?

Your thread is kinda paradoxical don't you think?

These are rhetorical questions and you don't need to answer them!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
well maybe rhetorical but the point is pretty clear. i know i feel that way most of the time. especially about the leave me alone to play music part and the writhing heap of maggots. i see myself above people as far as lateral thinking and basic intelligence is concerned but we're all pretty much in the same boat so i know we're not TOO different. that can make it worse to know that, lol.

i just finished moonlight sonata for guitar and there's nothing i'd rather do that keep playing music and drawing, reading, thinking etc but the world knows how to tug your strings.

op were you always in the back seat of society or did you recently come to this way of thinking?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Looking at the human experience from an objective view point must be interesting. It does possibly seem rather pointless in many aspects. I can relate to these feelings of being 'over it' in terms of the human experience. I think being creative and finding new ways to express creativity can bring new excitement to our lives. Although we might like to say that we want to distance ourselves from the maggots we all are still maggots! But you can imagine yourself to be whatever you want and in this lies the beauty of creativity and in essence the greatest gift to humanity.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I had similar feelings, but wasn't brave enough to start a thread about it.

I don't feel as strongly about other people as the OP, but I do sympathise with the powers that be.

I'd say much more, but I don't want to force the OP to hear any more opinions

Perhaps we can just hope there is something in all this 2012 stuff and have a new start.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Aww well, i see and felt your point before so some relating here..

But life is good & royal in forcing experiences upon us whichever way the state of your mind i'm afraid lol...

I'd suggest...go with the flow for awhile & don;t take yourself or your experiences so seriously for now ...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dunwichwitch

interesting thoughts dunwichwitch - and I'll bet we've all been there one time or another

Kill the Buddha

before you get too much further down this road

wipe him off the face of the earth

that - and humor - might get you where you want to go

if you can't kill him - laugh in his face

it's all pretty funny in the end

someday you'll die - and none of this will matter

if that bothers you - all I can say is - I remind myself of this almost everyday

it's hilarious

I laugh - it helps

not proselytizing - anti-proselytizing

it's not about Buddhism (or, at least - it doesn't have to be)

it's not about god - or religion - though it can be if you want it to be

it's just a concept - cleanses the palate a little

In Zen, we are admonished that understanding cannot help us. The wind does not read. So, what are we left with? just before he died the Buddha said, "Life is very short, please investigate it closely."

www.kwanumzen.com...

www.killingthebuddha.com...

[edit on 11/17/2008 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
My father told me when I was depressed about my divorce to "take care of number one." Someone else had said to me: "You can't save the whole world." Reading things about end times and 2012, I have come to a place in my life that if something big is going to happen, than all I can do is wait and enjoy what time I have. Seeing so much negativity and the desire to wipe the chalk board clean and start over fresh is probably normal.

I'm a negative person around my family and they accuse me of it, but they're hypocrites and control freaks anyway. If you can't escape and do something else, it's time for an intervention of some sort like therapy and medication. Search for something better and or even if it's just the hope of that golden age after 2012. I plan on watching the news when annd if it does in my own home. If nothing really happens, I haven't wasted any time freaking out and preparing myself over it.

I 've heards people mention lately about having a psychosis. Being on a conspiracy site should be helping to cope in some way by at least venting to people who've been there. But, what do I know, I' m on disability.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Maybe it's just me... but lately I've reached a point in wherever I'm at mentally to where I don't wanna have any more opinions about things. I don't want to hear anymore opinions about things, although I pretty much force myself to listen to opinions all the time because that's just what I do...

I'm going to take your request for suggestions as non-rhetorical, and hope I don't offend. If I do, sorry.

Have you tried not having opinions? Really, consciously tried not to project whether one thing is better or worse, or scary, or useless, or pitiful?

I've seen you post around enough to know that you have a lot more focused spiritual experience than I do, but those are the things that occurred to me as I read your post.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
DUNWICHWITCH You're not alone in these thoughts I think them every day. Humans and the human experience has run its course, all they are doing now is chasing their tails day in day out.

Most under the guise of staying positive deny that there is a problem and literally lie to themselves.

Yes humans are expendable; the problem on earth is that we value human life too highly. Trust me the spiritually dead (which would include most of England which is where I was born) are not worth anything in terms of possible contributions to the collective. So I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they were wiped out tomorrow. Some would class this as a psychotic thought, but I am beyond those that try to defend the meek.

This world makes me feel dirty, violated and inhibited. It chokes the very nature of existence and true expression. It violates the laws of progression and ascension. It is stagnant and non responsive and ultimately its people have introduced sociological systems built up around greed and the need to protect their material possessions. Greed is a retracting action. It is an act of pulling in rather than expanding and is thereby not an act with much spiritual purpose.

You are feeling what you are feeling not only because you are awake but because you are true to yourself. One of the first steps on the road to truth is realisation not only of oneself but also ones environment. When one realises ones capability and what is truly possible to achieve in terms of our reality then with this comes the realisation that this world is way too inferior on the scale of things that are possible.

Something is wrong. Ergo the logic is fix it or eliminate the problem.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
pharaoh, nice post. starred it.

i can tell you're a writer at heart and a part time philosopher. can i critique you a bit? you changed tones towards the end of your thread when you started using "ones self" and whatnot. that is the musical equivalent of going from major to minor in music, good job. keep an eye on the octaves though, don't lose your balance and keep the pace!

great posts in this thread. i know when i'm at work my brain temperature decreases by about 75% for about half of the day. numbness is what's expected and numbness will get you promoted. from my perspective it's sickening and morbid and it makes me lash out in irresponsible, hurtful ways.

i've asked several people if they, or anyone they know, is happy with the way things are. no one EVER says yes.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

pharaohmoan
Most under the guise of staying positive deny that there is a problem and literally lie to themselves.

Yes humans are expendable; the problem on earth is that we value human life too highly. Trust me the spiritually dead (which would include most of England which is where I was born) are not worth anything in terms of possible contributions to the collective. So I wouldn't bat an eyelid if they were wiped out tomorrow. Some would class this as a psychotic thought, but I am beyond those that try to defend the meek.

This world makes me feel dirty, violated and inhibited. It chokes the very nature of existence and true expression. It violates the laws of progression and ascension. It is stagnant and non responsive and ultimately its people have introduced sociological systems built up around greed and the need to protect their material possessions. Greed is a retracting action. It is an act of pulling in rather than expanding and is thereby not an act with much spiritual purpose.

Most people do realise that there is a problem, but just like you, they are at a loss, as to what to do about it.

I don't mean to be offensive, but for someone who claims to be highly spiritual, I could easily say that everything you said eminates from your ego and definitely not from your higher self. While I agree with some of what you said about materialism, who are you to decide whether the human race has run it's course. Again that sounds like your ego talking. The fact that you seem so concerned with the state this world is in and the direction it's taking, is maybe an admission that on some level you really do care or you wouldn't be so angry. Now whose not being honest.

When it comes to spirituality, first and foremost the only thing you should be concerned with is getting your own house in order, as being negative is definitely not helping yourself or this world. Humanity has two choices, we can drown in our own hatred and ignorance or we can rise above it, but whether you like it or not, we are all in it together and therefore the only way out of this mess is by helping and looking out one another. Peace!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Thank you mozy you’re too kind.

The good thing is that we are all starting to identify the nature of the Matrix so to speak. Identification is no doubt the most important stage when it comes to rectification. If I had my way and especially the resources I would do the equivalent of what the Illuminati have done and that is set up a global network of like minded light being with the sole purpose of accelerating our frequency aka paving the way to ascension. I think to try and fix the errors would take too much effort and I’m a firm believer that the technology already exists to enable us to transport us out of this mire. It’s hard not to despair at working a five day week and doing the same repetitive stuff day in day out, but let this comfort you a bit, our lifetime is just a blip, a tiny blip on the scale of existence. If you are on ATS the chances are that you’re a light being so your consciousness will go on. When you experience bliss it will be that much more gratifying after having lived through the crap that is thrown at us here on earth. Also in case you don’t believe in life after death I remember lots of details of my past life and dying really is just getting rid of the old body and in with the new. If you are like me you probably want to do something about it so maybe we should. Why not send a note to the administrators suggesting we all get together and have a meeting of minds, a convention of sorts if you like, who knows what might happen!

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Heh recognizable. I had the same thing for a while but got over it for a big part. I mean, being ' sick of it all' is counterproductive but we as humanity are bombarded with negativity in the media and 'trained' to feel this way i think. The population of this planet is for a big part 'addicted to negativity' Be it on the ' mundane' scale of hating the cat of your neighbours pooping in your garden to the gigantic scale of the stupidity of humankind in general, it's being promoted. Never forget that. Games ( i play them to by the way
), movies, series, sports, politics all along the line it is based on some kind of hate. From disdaine to full out rage and everything in between.

You can ' free' yourself from it (at least i could but everyone has his own way) with cultivating ' detached interest' www.abovetopsecret.com... Try it, practice it and keep on it for a while and it may be able to help you see the fun side of life. And what Spiramirabilis said, laugh. See it as what it is; not that big of a deal if you have the eternal perspective on it and while you are here, make the best of it.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Harman]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Ahh the Ego. OK chew on this yes I have an Ego, the reason being is I have worked my butt off lifetime after lifetime eon after eon not only to fight for the cause but also understand the error of our ways. The issue being discussed however has nothing, I repeat nothing to do with my ego. It has to do with logic, intuition and the act of observation. The only people I care about on this earth are the light beings, the rest are dead and have had ample time and opportunity to evolve their level of thought and understanding. You are on ATS so are obviously making an effort. If you are saying you are happy with the status quo then I would be inclined to think that not only do you not understand what true potentiality means, but also that you are still conditioned and programmed to think that you’ve got it good which in my opinion is submission ergo you are dead also.

You should not be questioning my house or my spirituality as you are not me and are not aware of my journey. For those of you with an apt for psychology you will know that attacking another’s beliefs is just another way of inflating the ego or of denying or unsure of your own beliefs. So in essence you are the one with an ego problem not I. In truth I have found that most people who play the ego card don’t actually understand zip about the purpose of the ego and when and when not to call it in into play. In essence as an individual I am not only my present but also my past, why deny that by being egoless. However when it comes to meditation that is a different matter, in this case the ego can get in the way of progression. Don’t confuse the two.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
If there's one thing I've learnt about life, it's that being in a state of hatred is not good for the soul or the mind. Only by helping others, do you help yourself. Any true spiritual person already knows this.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Agreeing with kindred
Even if they do not love you back (on a conscious level) love them in your own way. Love them for their naivety, love them for their delusions if you have to. Try to not feel yourself above them because they are 'above' you in other ways. It is as simple as that. Do not give up on humanity because that slippery slope is one you can easily fall down in and it is another facet of the trap that is set for the brunt of us simple humans. Even the worst of us has some commendable traits, no matter how small they are. Loyalty is one, even if used in a for the most part in a negative way is commendable in his respect. How did someone become the way they are? Where did it go wrong or right? Upbringing? Social contacts? Susceptability? Nature?

Let's take the most obvious 'villain' of them all. Bush Junior. Do you think he became the little tirant he is because he wanted to? He never knew anything else than his way of life. He even struggled with it if you look at his early life objectively, without judgement, why should he dive into drug and alcohol abuse? Because he was happy from within himself or because he wanted to forget? Do you know the answer for sure? Even Hitler, if you look at his miserable life as far it is known from history, he wasn't happy, he had a serious self esteem problem that drove him to his place in history.

No person that could be judged as bastard by the majority has had a nice and loving upbringing without a trauma of sorts, i am sure of it. And yes, they could have broken the chain but were to weak to do it as are a lot of us (and a lot are not, they are commendable for their insight!). Everyone is growing in a subjective bubble of some sort and maybe the more perceptive ones are able to pop their personal bubble and look outside but it is not something to hate if they do not.

Hate is a way of old that has to be broken if there is any chance of change.

And last, always remember that any free person ( as in not behind physcal bars) is free to do their own thing about the life they ae living even if the road ahead is one not much traveled. I am in a situation where almost everyone still thinks i am a little freaky but i know i can pack up my stuff and go to some hippy-encampment where ever ( india, Australia, Europe etc) if it feels to restricitive. Even the knowledge of that posibility gives me some feeling of freedom.

So, try to turn your view around, do not take it so personal even when it does get personal.

imo of course

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Harman]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I reached the point you are at a couple of years ago.
I'd had enough, I just wanted someone else to 'drive' for a while.

I decided to marry a man I loved, but wasn't in love with, and move from Australia to the USA because his career took us there.
I gave up my career, and eventually my identity, just for the ride.
Heck, I wasn't doing anything better with my life, I was just burnt out.

The 5 years since have been an absoute rollercoaster for me, I have had both the best, and the worst times of my life.

What I have gleaned from this experience is that it is an absolute privelage to be able to control your own destiny.

The ability to be able to support yourself and thusly making your own lifestyle decisions, is never truly appreciated until you no longer have it.

Be careful what you wish for.., although if I could go back and change things would I? Probably not.

Experiences both positive and negative build your personality, for what that's worth.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
IMO
Opinions spring forth from the illusory depths of duality. Perhaps you are transcending duality and coming/waking into oneness.
If so, now is a perfect time to hone your focus, meditate, and transmute your boredom into bliss, understanding, and a vision limitless. Then you wont feel like squashing existence, rather you will know how to approach your fellow humans with insightful information. You may become vibrant and bursting with the motivation and energy or zest for life once you see how it makes perfect sense. You shall see all as your self as well as your children, able to endlessly forgive and deeply understand, lending a hand from beyond the grips of the dense, the 3d where duality seems to be the nature, but is merely a smokescreen or firewall between awakening or remembrance of first causes and current pauses.
Take a break from ATS for like a week, play your music, forget the world, re find yourself, and I promise you, your vision will clarify. Sometimes you need to escape and recollect without intrusion, dont forget that opinions are illusory perceptions held within the realm of duality. As the enlightened speak in a language of silence, for "he who knows does not speak; he who speaks does not know" There are many absolute truths that I am sure you will come to reflect upon within this path.
hope this helps.
you may enjoy the read, tao te ching, it might help lead some insight. not to mention, each verse is laced deep within the nature of any "physical" experience.

You dont feel human because you are not, you are a soul, a divine fragment of the source. Remember the mountain as the source, remember the rocks as the souls, remember there is no difference except in perception. I am sure you will live many experiences that will prove this to you beyond any doubt or faith based understanding.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I too have felt this way many times in life. Without going into why, which I think any of us can understand, I can say I feel for us all. Sometimes things are just so tough, and after a lifetime of being beat up, beat down, tired, stressed I can just feel so run down and just "tired" I'm often told I'm negative, I learned to not pay to much attention to his as I tend to talk or discuss that which needs fixing or change so naturally I sound negative to some around me. However, it is the idea in me that I believe truly that we are all worth and capable of so much that it is just a plain shame to watch what we do to one another. Sometimes I want GOD, Nature Aliens or whatever... to just swallow us up and start over again. But it is because I believe that we are and can be so much more than what we have shown as a human race that i get so upset or disappointed. So i try to look at all the little things that make me temporarily happy, my artworks, my family, my friends whom i love and those who I have touched and been touched by. Also I tirelessly try to stay busy and raise money for kids, or do some community service or something that lets me funnel my energies (positive & negative) towards something that at the end of the day I can go home and say well I did something today of value that was not my job, or make money, or spend money or whatever other mundane crap that don't matter. This allows me to see more of the positive that is around me and offset all the negative or ugly things I read and see all day. I certainly don't have any answers for anyone but me and this is what i do to combat my feeling of dread or feeling of helplessness. I don't know i could just be nutz!!!!!!!

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Fletcher33]

<<   2  3 >>

join