It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampires, Shapeshifters, Werewolves..What would you want to be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Thanks to the ATS community I have really opened my mind a little bit more and Im glad, Ive read wonderful threads and posts and I had not realized how much mythical creatures are spoken of here.

If you had the chance to be one of these mythical anomolies what would it be?..Me personally I would want to be a vampire, Im very drawn to the fact that I can never die(well there are still ways to die) and the amazing things I would see as the decades passed by.

So what would you want to be and if I missed a special creature simply post about that and why?..I hope to see many great posts.....Thanks

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'd like to be the person that 'picked-on' the people at school that made them retreat into these fantasies where they believe they're vampires, shape-shifters and werewolves. It seems to me like they're the ones with the 'cool powers'! Imagine having the ability to make other people think they're vampires, shape-shifters and werewolves!

[edit on 17-11-2008 by Merriman Weir]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Well, if we follow my favorite werewolf legend where werewolves are shape shifters as well, not just changing into wolfs, and werewolves live for several centuries I would definitely go with werewolf. Hands down. Lump all the legends together and the werewolves seem like the most powerful, the least hindered by anything other than silver and the moon, and seem rather soulful and remorseful even if they crave humans while in “beast” form. Vampires often don’t share that humanity, they are usually soulless. And shape shifters are usually less powerful than either.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All my life I have wanted to be a vampire. Ever since my parents can remember i have always loved vampire shows. I really loved Ann Rice's Novels with Lestat.

[edit on 17-11-2008 by isa75]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think it would depend on which definition of vampire, shapeshifter, or were-animal we are talking about, and even then it would be a difficult choice. I've read quite a bit of vampire/shifter/were fiction and they are all a little bit different in terms of what the positives and negatives are with each. If we're talking about the Anita Blake series version (authored by Laurell K. Hamilton, and I would highly recommend this series!) I think I would go with the were-animal. If we're talking about the Twilight series version (Stephenie Meyer, I recommend this one too) then definitely vampire. If it's the Keri Arthur version, then I'd rather be a hybrid.

How's that for a non-committal answer?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I would want to be a vampire. And Merri- is this your goal in life? To destroy any belief that other people have in mythical creatures? Nice life you have. And I'd like to be a vampire because of the number of years they get to study and learn all the different aspects of life!

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I think that being a shape shifter would be most rewarding the most rewarding in this era, war has turned from a physical field onto a mental field as well and a shape shifter would be able to do SOOO much more, even if they might not have as long as a life as a werewolf or vampire. I however would TOTALLY go with a vampire over a werewolf but it completely depends on which version of the creatures.

rapinbatsisaltherage: which story are you drawing your definition of a werewolf from? I want to check it out, it sound interesting.

If i could, I'd add a 4th choice and choose elf, they're better in my opinion. But out of the original 3 I'd choose vampire, I've always been intrigued by the legends and that would be my first wish if i ever lay my hands on a magic lamp. (did anyone watch the short lived show Moon Light? I was disappointed it got canceled. Stupid writers strike)

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by screamo

Im glad you added another creature and Its cool that your branching out a little. I would like people to let me know if there is something else you would like to be because Im sure I may have left something out.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Since all you proposed has the disadvantage of not being in control of what you become I choose none.

my 20 Cents...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cmd18B

Me personally I would want to be a vampire, Im very drawn to the fact that I can never die...

Ya sure CM...so you can stay up ALL night and pound brews without fear of passing out..?

That's exactly what any major city needs, an alchy vampire...! Can you imagine that headlines that next morning...

"Drunk Vampire mistakes power transformer for helpless victim...!"

"For the 4th time this week Mayhem City has experienced another power outage...apparently the work of a vampire that prefers beer to blood...normally this would be a good turn of events, considering sucking the blood from an innocent bystander is frowned upon, but this vampire has the unfortunate knack of getting hammered and attacking power transformers - another reminder to kids that drinking can be bad for you..."

To the OP:

A shape shifter...I can't imagine having more fun by impersonating other people...

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

Ok Grey..How about a creature that you could control?..What do you think you would like to be?

[edit on 17-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I can see it now buddy...Instead me me looking to feed on human blood I woud be out trying to get my hands on beer...There is nothing worse than a drunk vampire running around town looking to get crocked!!

[edit on 17-11-2008 by cmd18B]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

rapinbatsisaltherage: which story are you drawing your definition of a werewolf from? I want to check it out, it sound interesting.

I have trouble finding all the myths and lore that have been intertwined in literature I favor, but here are some sites that discuss the different werewolf legends:
www.mythicalrealm.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
Interesting book: books.google.com... a=X&oi=book_result&resnum=9&ct=result#PPP1,M1

The lore I mentioned is presented a lot in the “Underworld” films, mainly the first one. I’m not that into the movies but I liked seeing that legend brought to life. Also a really good werewolf movie that is not conventional, where once the victim is bitten they slowly turn into a beast and stay turned, is “Ginger Snaps” and its sequel and prequel.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bellexista
I would want to be a vampire. And Merri- is this your goal in life? To destroy any belief that other people have in mythical creatures? Nice life you have. And I'd like to be a vampire because of the number of years they get to study and learn all the different aspects of life!

No. You know that's not the case. You did read that U2U I sent you before I posted on this thread didn't you? You know, the one where funnily enough I stated practically the opposite of what you're claiming I'm doing here.

Heh. It also puts your own vampire thread in a bit a of new light too. Or rather it compounds my suspicions.

As for the sarcastic comment about my "nice life", well, put it this way, I'm happy and content enough with my life to not have to fantasise about becoming a "mythical creature".

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Merri- I was only being sarcastic. I'm sorry if it came off mean. I do know that you mean well when you're talking on these. And I can see how you feel about people wanting to change themselves lol. But what are you suspicious of?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Hmm. That is a good question, and one to think about. I wouldn't want to be a vampire. Although I love nighttime, since it's the only time of day that I ever have any energy, I wouldn't want to be confined to it for any reason, whether it be glittering, turning to dust, or merely becoming ill, which was a take on it that some recent vampire show chose. I forgot what the show was called, it's the one where the vampire rescued the girl as a child and watched over her ever since. Being a vampire would have far too many restrictions for me. And living forever would be exceedingly boring unless I could keep my mind occupied. Not even the ability to turn into a bat - in some versions - would be appealing to me given the rest of the cons, despite how much I adore bats.
I wouldn't want to be a werewolf either. Losing control of myself isn't appealing. Heh. Although there was one movie I saw about werewolves where at the end the lead female character was turned into a werewolf and looked like a cocker spaniel when she transformed live on television in a news room. I don't remember if the werewolves in that one truly lost control with their transformations or not. I don't think so, since she didn't. Also, with most stories or shows, the transformations seem painful. I wouldn't want that.
Being a shapeshifter would be very interesting, whether it's just shifting into animals or other humans. The main thing that appeals to me is that I would, I assume, be able to communicate with the kind of animal I shfit into. If not, then the ability to shift would really only be useful for spying/eavesdropping or fleeing/hiding from danger by taking the form of something inconspicuous. It would only be appealing to me if the shifting was painless, as well.
Someone else mentioned elves. Now that would be fun. No restrictions, long life, but not eternity, which leaves plenty of time to study and become wise. Close to nature. Sounds like a good deal to me.
My tie is between Shapeshifter and Elf... I'm leaning toward elf.

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
After seeing Twilight tonight, I can say for certain that I would want to be a vampire.

But if we go by movies like Blade... Then I would rather remain human, because (irrelevantly) the movie Blade sucked.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The movie Twilight was awesome! And if I was a vampire, I would want to live by those terms also! Who wouldn't want to play baseball during a thunderstorm?!?! And I love the thought of never sleeping. So much time to do everything!

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bellexista

I do agree Bellexista, the twilight vampires was really a great way to be.
anyways, I've just finished reading the twilight saga and it really is amazing! Who wouldn't want to be a vampire after reading that?
anyways, to the question on what creature I would rather be... Definitely a vampire! Oh and have you heard anything from Raina? the half vampire that you were talking to in the other forum?

posted on Nov, 25 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmd18B
Thanks to the ATS community I have really opened my mind a little bit more and Im glad, Ive read wonderful threads and posts and I had not realized how much mythical creatures are spoken of here.

If you had the chance to be one of these mythical anomolies what would it be?..Me personally I would want to be a vampire, Im very drawn to the fact that I can never die(well there are still ways to die) and the amazing things I would see as the decades passed by.

So what would you want to be and if I missed a special creature simply post about that and why?..I hope to see many great posts.....Thanks

Vampire for sure... They live forever PLUS they've got STYLE
and Vampire chicks are HOTTER than the sun

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join