It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Research

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in partaking in research about abortion rates please reply to this thread.

We have put together a research team to compile information of the effect that the views of society have on abortion rates in different countries.

This research will be posted in the Research forum.

Please reply to this thread if you are interested, only one spot is open

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Anyone interested? I hate bumping my own thread but we need a 4th member for our research team. We will be doing plenty of projects in the future so it's best to hop on early.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
There are many threads here already on this issue, and many members have already put forth their opinion.
There's your research.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
There are many threads here already on this issue, and many members have already put forth their opinion.
There's your research.

Sorry but I was looking for a fourth member to help compile new research. I wouldn't use opinions of other members as research and post it in a serious forum.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
As one of th other members of the team I will chime in here.

This is research examining how different countries' laws and cultures effect abortion rates.

We are NOT presenting this information to show whether abortion is right or wrong or should/should not be outlawed, but to see how other social factors beyond the initial pregnancy contribute to abortion rates.

With respect to the member's opinions, we do NOT want to turn this into a debate, merely present information, so please DO NOT respond if you think you can use this as a soap box.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by asmeone2

Yep, but we are still looking for interested members who want to collaborate on some research.

-Ign0RanT

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
what type of research

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ign0rant

I have some questions about your "protocol"

1) what exactly is your protocol abstract?
1.1) what questions are you having answered about each country/culture
1.1.a) are you asking about abortion rate versus live birth?
1.1.b) are you asking about religions of the population who has abortions versus those who have live birth?
2) for what purpose?

An example, in Russia in 2003 there was a negative population growth. Several factors contributed. Abortions were used so often that uterine scarring had occurred and sterilization was common. Now, the high abortion rate had nothing to do with culture and everything to do with price of abortions versus birth control + lack of proper education due to the collapse and then re-building of what used to be the Soviet medical system.

I bring this up because you should be careful tying in a religion to action when other factors may be at play.

new topics

top topics

join