It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group think and politicians and what I like to call the emotions effect.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I like to watch politics. Now, conspiracy theories asides, I like to watch them talk and I whenever I hear a politician talk I feel this kind of sting in my head when they say something that just doesn't sound right or I get a kind of fuzzy feeling when they agree on something. Most of the stings I feel come from when they say ridiculous things that just sounds like an entirely different language: political speak.

What I call the emotion effect is like you know when Bush was running for President he rallied the support of the conservative groups and Obama has rallied the support of today's liberals. They seem to be able to transcend space time a little bit and get energy from the people whom they are being supported by and share their message with them.

I should also mention how it seems like everyone is caught up in a frenzy with the bailout. They're all panicky so pretty much EVERYONE is panicky as well. This is the trickle-down emotions effect. What happens that is the cause creates an emotional effect with all the people whom this certain cause or thing that happened and the emotional effect trickles down to other parts of society from the top. Sometimes it happens from the bottom up so sometimes there is a trickle up situation where people on the bottom feel something and their feeling goes up to the elite.

What do you think about this theory I have about my emotional effect?

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
You're talking about communication, and it takes many forms. The system does feedback, but over various periods of time. The meltdown got around pretty quickly, the energy that Obama managed to harness buit up over a long time. Generally, despite technology, communication goes far faster from the top down than bottom up. I agree with your theory but feel it to be a subset of communication as a whole.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

good subject

I think the idea is fascinating - and obvious - though we work real hard to not look at it sometimes

you can see the effects here at ATS all of the time - especially lately

if you're paying attention - you can also see how everyone's behavior - their usual behavior - has been a little off kilter lately

starting to come back around to our "normal" levels of paranoia and hysteria

language and symbolism - powerful things

they affect our emotions directly - and our emotions affect what we do

S&F

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you.

It's all about controlling your mind.

ALL of it.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dunwichwitch
Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you.

It's all about controlling your mind.

ALL of it.

because a concensus is reached by alot of people does not make it mind-control. we as individuals analyize risk/reward every day. to believe mind control is involved, part of the human thought process needed for risk/reward has to be nuetralized.

top topics

join